collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Sekhmet?  (Read 9161 times)

Offline Awibemhethert

• W'ab Priest (Lay Clergy) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: Sekhmet?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:20 pm »
I'd love to have a shop around that carried such beautiful items. It's gorgeous.
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 12:05:52 am »
(http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae302/inucirrus/th_060612160136.jpg) (http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae302/inucirrus/th_060612160258.jpg)

Here's a better picture of the glyphs on it. And as a quick plug for the store, it's called Barjon's Books in Billings, Montana. Can't recommend it enough. The paintings they get are- surprisingly enough- straight from a woman in Egypt so they probably take FOREVER to get restocked. Superb quality on all of them, though. And everything else they stock. (Like   awesome pyrite lioness statue pic taken with crappy phone) Love them. /rant
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Regardless if I'm active or inactive, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail.com if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever.

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 12:31:55 pm »
Neither of those have Sekhmet or Bast's glyphs (other than the t), but I did spy part of Ptah's glyphs - but not placed to mean his name.

The Lioness is gorgeous!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast and Sekhmet
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »
I didn't see Mut either.  But I couldn't read it to know what it does say.  :)

Offline IbuPtah

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 03:14:12 pm »
Alas the glyphs do not spell out anybody's name..I think they are more for decoration. And, even if they did, they are facing the wrong direction to be referring to the goddess depicted. (You can tell by the direction the bird and animal signs face)  Typically texts facing a figure refer to the person speaking to that figure..but either way...She is beautifully painted and I hope She goes to a good home :)
Sa Ptah-Sokar
Mery Amun-Ra, Sekhmet-Hetheret, her Nebethet-Nit-Seshat
Fedw Diviner for PtahSokar

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »
By the way! This is going with me to Retreat this year and will be for sale - PM me if you are interested in purchasing it before then, or if you're not going and are still interested! I ship (mostly) anywhere!
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Regardless if I'm active or inactive, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail.com if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2840
  • stats Total Posts: 279927
  • stats Total Topics: 18832
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217