Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: My Four  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
My Four
« on: June 15, 2012, 05:00:29 pm »
I thought I'd do a little write-up about what Netjer I feel close to.

Sekhmet:
I've felt a connection to Sekhmet since I was very small. She empowers me and gives me courage and bravery. The Lady of Slaughter, the Red Lady, the Mistress of Dread... All of these names could be considered brutal but I see them as strong, fearless and loyal. She inspires me when it comes to healing people or working with medicine and She helps me to see the beauty in blood and the body. I ask Her for protection and, although She is wrath and divine vengance, I see Her as fair.

Bast:
I ask Bast to help me whenever I'm doing something music-related. Having Her here or knowing that She is there makes it ten times easier to sing or play an instrument for other people. I often visualise Her watching me like a proud mother. Like Sekhmet, She can be seen as wrath but I know Her as a calm motherly figure who wouldn't be scared to give her children a nip if they do something silly.

Yienpu:
He seems loving, understanding, comforting and wise. I always feel Him at stressful, sad or strange times. I always compare His presence to a hug from a friend or a pat on the back. It gives you enough strength to to nudge forward but knowing that He isn't going to abandon you makes you feel a lot better.

Aset:
There's no doubt that Aset is a powerful magician and a very protective maternal Goddess. When I'm scared or upset I find myself trotting into the arms of Aset, and there has been lots of times when I was younger when I used to imagine Her arms around me holding me tight so that I could sleep. When I'm on my time of the month I feel really feminine, despite the grumpiness and belly aches, and Her female energy reminds me of all the amazing things that women can do: childbirth being the main one.
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300148
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything