Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 73
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Nut, Goddess of Year 20!  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
Nut, Goddess of Year 20!
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:05:37 am »
Em hotep!

As per our Oracle of Aset, Nut is the deity over Year 20. While She is hard to miss, it can be difficult to know what to do for Her. I have started putting together a small shrine for Her year in addition to the shrine I keep for Her as my Beloved - I'll take pictures once it's complete.

Some of the offerings I find She likes are: milk (esp. sweetened with honey), sugar, white hot chocolate, cool water, silver coins, flowers (esp. chrysanthemums, lilies, jasmine or hydrangeas), chamomile tea.

I also find She is very fond of music and singing. She is also very vast and warm. I like to gaze up at the night sky and feel Her embrace around the whole world.

Would anyone else like to share their experiences of Nut?
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Nut, Goddess of Year 20!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:10 am »
oh my lovely sister you have almost read my mind. I wanted to do a post asking for offering suggestions and sharing of experiences and I got them. For experiences, all I have so far is that I like the little Nut shen bracelet I got from Ini. It's currently sitting on my year shrine in lieu of an image.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:51:19 pm »
I don't remember who it was who suggested that a trip to a local planetarium would be a good way to honor Nut this year, but I really like the idea.  I've never really consciously interacted with Nut, but I love looking up at Her and am looking forward to getting to know Her better this year.
Tasedjebbast,
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Set & Heru-wer Who Are the Bawy
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:52:24 pm »
I remember someone saying the planetarium and that is a fantastic idea!
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:16:28 pm »
On another forum, we are going through My Heart, My Mother by Alison Roberts which details the Night Journey of Ra through Nut and Her lessons therein.  

I've had some experiences with Aset-Nut due to working in this group previously.  

I've found that part of Her lesson and Ra's lesson is the transformation of the soul.  Ra's journey is like Wesir's.  Both die and are reborn, renewed.  

And they do this within the belly of Nut (the night sky) who is the devouring mother and the one who gives birth at dawn.  She is the one who instigates the changes of the soul and the gods as they travel through Her body.  

My Nut in my own personal practice may end up being more Aset-Nut than straight-up Nut.  I guess we'll see how the year goes forth.  

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:19:28 pm by TahekerutAset »
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

Offline Maainakhtsen

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:02 am »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu

Would anyone else like to share their experiences of Nut?

I think keeping the Akhu happy definitely helps in keeping her happy. As for offerings, I find that She accepts a lot of the same things as Hethert and Aset. She seems to approve of myrrh and fragrances of white or night blooming flowers. I personally cannot keep a shrine for her that doesn't include a jar.

I think being involved in   stuff like this is a neat way to remember her, although I admittedly get no read from her as to whether she is especially interested in such matters...

With regard to experiences, she definitely expresses a fondness for music to me too. She has been very present in my dreams over the past year. I find that in addition to making her own appearances, she responds favorably to loving requests for such visits. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Maainakhtsen »
Senebty,
Ma'ai

"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." -A Fortune Cookie

Offline Sekhenetnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:31:18 am »
Hotep,

I concur with Sobeqsenu regarding offerings. White chocolate seems to be a favourite as does milk and other creamy beverages, figs, dates and coconut.
White seems to be a re-ocurring theme as all flowers I've ever bought for Her have been white.

She also seems to like egg-shaped objects and boxes and anything with a starry sky.
If you're into stones there's Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite and the man-made Blue Goldstone.
I usally burn Morning Star Fig incense for Her.
Sekhenetnut |Brought together by Nut
Sat Nut meryt Mut her Bes!

Offline Maautseshat

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 03:56:26 am »
White Russians?
Ma'autsheshat (Seshat's Righteous One, a.k.a. the righteous tealrat)
sat Seshat-Nit-Nebthet meryt Set

http://kristinammorgan.blogspot.com/  
tealrat on FB and Twitter

"We think in generalities but we live in detail." Alfred North Whitehead

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »
I kinda have to agree with Ma'aut there... I get a feeling that She'd like the occasional white russian! ( Thanks Imti! ;) )
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »
Quote from: Taji
I don't remember who it was who suggested that a trip to a local planetarium would be a good way to honor Nut this year, but I really like the idea.

This is a great idea maybe I can make it into a NE gathering for Moomas. :D
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 07:19:06 pm »
Nut for me has always shown a fondness of pearls, cameos, and lacy things. I guess stuff that I would associate with grandmothers. I also agree as for foods she likes milk chocolates and milk with honey.

Here is an idea I got from two different shemsu for a white russian, maybe using Skky vodka in it?
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:02 pm »
Em hotep all

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas. I was trying to figure out what I could put together for a shrine for the New Year God/Goddess so this points me in the right direction.

Senebty
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »
oh, and I had forgotten something I got Her for Wep Ronpet: Skyy vodka. I had to, between the name and the dark blue bottle. :)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »
When Yashi and I went shopping for flowers for Tjez and Henty's wedding, Nut demanded the bouquet that had a giant dark blue daisy with yellow stamens and purple highlights.

She also claimed some very cool space patterned cloth I have, as well as a granite jar I was going to use for prayers this year. Zat, you may remember the cloth from last week, with the planets and galaxies?
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Sekhenetnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:55 am »
Bailey's Irish Cream didn't seem unwelcome either.
Sekhenetnut |Brought together by Nut
Sat Nut meryt Mut her Bes!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286213
  • stats Total Topics: 19408
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything