collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 69
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Strange Anubis UPG  (Read 5878 times)

Strange Anubis UPG
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:13 am »
Hi folks,

I was wondering what kinds of UPG people have experienced with Anubis? Mine is pretty strange. Whenever I feel him close to me, I can't help experiencing a kind of feeling of...lust I guess? I know this is pretty bizarre ( and believe me, I'm NOT PART of those subcultures that include Furries etc.), but I can't understand why I would feel 'turned on' by his presence.

I'm sorry this is a REALLY awkward question to ask, (and I REALLY hope I am not breaking any forum rules by asking it!) but I am just mega confused and curious as to whether other people have experienced strange internal happenings when the gods are close.

Peace out my lovelies!

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
Re: Strange Anubis UPG
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:45:24 am »
Most people will probably tell you that those sort of feelings are just the way your body happens to 'process' the energy of the god and that nothing more should be read into it. And that may indeed be the case.

I, however, will point out that Anubis was associated with demotic love spells and was called upon, amongst other things, to inspire erotic dreams in people. And jackals in general were considered to be rather sexy creatures in the Ancient Egyptian mindset. The word for jackal, sAb, has an alternative meaning of 'to flow, to ejaculate' so it really gets very blatant!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bezenwepwy »
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:31:15 pm »
wow..never would have thought that about the jackals!.
learn something new everyday.

Senebty~
Iwa'at
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:59:53 pm »
I agree that it is an accident of how the body sometimes processes energy. I also think that some, not all, of Them are fully aware of this 'accident' and make no apologies about it.

In my case, I'm sure that Ra means nothing by it at all, while Heru-sa-Aset I'm not too sure about. (What do you expect from someone who aspects with Min?) They're still not human though, so be careful what you read into it.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Yineputjeheni

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »
I have heard others mention this before, so you are not alone.  I myself experienced this way, waaaaaay back in the day.  Long before I even knew exactly what I was dealing with.

I concur with what others have previously stated about the body processing energy.  It may also be the case that this is a new energy to you, so you are not used to it yet.  The more you experience Him the more you will adapt.
sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Aset-Serqet her Nut

"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live."  -Josh Homme

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 01:48:27 pm »
(Of course what I was actually suggesting is that it might not be entirely down to how your body is interpreting the energy, because it is attested that Anubis does or did have a role in causing sexual desire in people.)

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:10 am »
A friend of mine has a Horus head from a statue that originates from ancient Egypt, it is a few thousand years old at least. Now every time anyone touches it the result is, well, unusual. There is no other way of putting this apart from they get aroused... odd but true lol

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:58 am »
Keep in mind that this is a family forum -- just because you don't see children posting does not mean they are not reading.  Make sure this topic stays academic and G-rated.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »
Bezenwepwy, I never knew Anubis had that association! Just goes to show you that you learn something new every day. Do you know why Anubis was called upon for this purpose?

One thing I am definitely learning through working with him was that he was certainly much more than a deity of funerary rites!

I also kind of feel that Anubis had a role in prophecy and divination? Any thoughts?

- Walks_Wherefore

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »
Also - Yineputjeheni, I'm so glad you've had this experience too!! I'm not alone! And I totally agree, I think it is the case that I am experiencing a being that is entirely new - and in many ways alien - to what I know already. So thank you for your reassurance.

pickle1984 - That is fascinating, and ever so slightly entertaining :P

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:05 am »
Quote from: walks_wherefore
Do you know why Anubis was called upon for this purpose?

Part of it has to do with how he was perceived in the later Greek-influenced periods. He started to be prayed to as a much more general benefactor and intermediary who was 'closer' than the other gods. And very willing to pull Unseen strings for people. Also as I implied before, there were already some standing connections with sexuality which probably came into it.

(Even in the New Kingdom he started to be seen as a more worldly god however, so the expansion of his spheres of influence wasn't purely down to Greek influence. More a natural progression I reckon.)

One thing I am definitely learning through working with him was that he was certainly much more than a deity of funerary rites!

Oh yes! He's extremely complex and it really doesn't do him any justice whatsoever to describe him as merely a "god of the dead."

I also kind of feel that Anubis had a role in prophecy and divination? Any thoughts?

Yup! For the same reasons as above. Situated as he is smack dab inbetween the Seen and Unseen realms, he's in an excellent position for that kind of thing. He's also the Master of Secrets. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bezenwepwy »

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:02:48 pm »
I was wanting to ask a question along the same lines as the OP, but I was too shy to ask it. Kudos to the OP for asking! Btw, how can you *not* feel that way about Yinepu, especially when you see artwork of Him bare-chested.... ;)

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 08:02:58 pm »
Hotep everyone *henu*

Interesting about Yinepu ..I've never felt that way towards him but each of us process the 'energy' in a different way.

I do a lot of work in divination and it seems to be something that Yinepu is fond of doing ..as mentioned he does guard the door between the seen and unseen worlds in addition to being the master of the secrets so he's good with all that. I've used pendulum, fedw sticks and quarters, cards etc (anything that has two faces/sides to it can be used).

Thanks for all the input ...gives me more to think about.

Senebty
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 03:51:34 am »
I was looking through my notes and found a wonderfully blatant statement from one of the greek magical papyri:

"I am Anubis who arouses the whole earth."

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:45 am »
I have heard of such experiences before.  And I have had such experiences with other Names.   Whether it's intention on their part or coincidence I think will depend on the situation, the Name and the person involved.
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3019
  • stats Total Posts: 289950
  • stats Total Topics: 19673
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217