collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Sekhmet-Hethert  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Sekhmet-Hethert
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 09:27:03 am »
I think the most important thing is to not get discouraged. Part of the RPD is learning the gods more intimately.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Nubwy

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 10:39:15 am »
Quote from: Tahai
Hotep, Whale!

I had these questions, too, when I was divined with Sekhmet-Hethert as Beloved.

I messed around with several analogies, and some of them made sense to me (including the coin one), but I doubt they would make sense to anyone else... so here's the simple version according to my UPG.

Full-on Sekhmet is Lady of Just Rage, of Destruction, of Plague and Pestilence.  She is Ra's vengeance. A Goddess so far gone in blood-lust that even the entire universe can't contain Her without trickery.  I would venture that She is rarely seen.

Full on Hethert is Lady of Joy, of Song, Of Revelry and Sexuality.  She is abundance and abandonment and all things lovely and feminine.

Sekhmet-Hethert is Lady of Fierce Joy.  She is the dive and cry of the Eagle just before it makes a kill.  She is the roar of a lion's triumph after it has beaten a rival.  She is the thrill of success, and She will push Her faithful hard to achieve success.  She is Sekhmet, tempered somewhat by the other side of Her nature, Hethert.

I haven't given much thought to the nature of Hethert-Sekhmet, but I imagine Her as the firm mother.  Love and compassion with a bit of a bite.  The mother who will tear the world apart for you, but will also smack you on the bottom when you need an attitude adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Blessings and Senebty,

Tahai

Thank you for this. It helps understand Mom's nature very much. I don't think I am quite so much wrestling with it anymore :)
Nubwysenu, The Two Golden Ones

Son of Ra-Heruakhety and Sekhmet-Hethert.
Beloved of Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 05:04:57 pm »
Just have to add that the video was awesome.
-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3312
  • stats Total Posts: 299392
  • stats Total Topics: 20545
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955