Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The Emerald Tablets of Thoth  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Tres_Argentum

• Remetj
The Emerald Tablets of Thoth
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:33:39 am »
I have no idea if this is covered somewhere else on the website, if it has, I appologize and mention that I haven't been able to find it.

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I came across this very interesting document that offered an English translation of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth. Refering more about Atlantis and humanity and the world as a whole, but I thought it was a very interesting read. Especially considering the dating of the actual Emerald Tablets. (http://www.alchemylab.com/hyper_history.htm)

A couple of the things that I've read while skimming through the translated version do correspond with other things that I've read about Bast and Het-Hert. Which, at this point, are the only two Netjer that I have a real connection with. Maybe with Aset too, but I'm not too sure if it is Aset or somebody else.

I plan on completely reading it through a couple of times in the very near future and I was also wondering if somebody else on here has heard of these documents and/or read them.

This is the translation that I have: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/thot/esp_thot_1.htm

One particular part that I've read thus far that I really liked:
Search ye the mysteries of Earth's heart.
Learn of the LAW that exists,
holding the stars in their balance
by the force of the primordial mist.
Seek ye the flame of the EARTH'S LIFE.
Bathe in the galre of its flame.
Follow the three-cornered pathwaay
until thou, too, art a flame.

Speak thou in words without voice
to those who dwell down below.
Enter the blue-litten temple
and bathe in the fire of all life.

Tablet 8 - The Key of Mystery

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
Re: The Emerald Tablets of Thoth
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:07 am »
Hermes Trimegus is not the same as Djehuty (Gr: Thoth) as most people on these forums understand Him. Hermes Trimegus is part of Hermetic tradition which draws on both Greek and Egyptian traditions without belonging to either. I haven't read these texts because I have never been interested in Hemetic tradition.

If you would be interested in ancient texts addressing Bast or Hethert, you might want to try   Kemet.org recommended reading literature  or you could ask on the all things egypt board.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:57:37 am by Demaimuti »
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Tres_Argentum

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I didn't know of the Hermetic tradition up until now, to be honest. Are these kind of differences between traditions when it comes to Kemetic Gods or Goddesses common, or it is very rare?

I'll probably be asking loads of questions, cause I'm a very curious person, but I'll be waiting with asking those for the time being. I might be accepted to the introduction course, which might answer a couple of them before I start making topics about it. I'll be definately checking out the recommended reading literature, though. Thank you for linking me to it.

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »
Yes. There are a number of traditions that involve one or more of the Kemetic gods. There's the Hermetics, the organisation   Neos Alexandria, Tameran(sp?) Wicca etc.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:02:37 pm by Demaimuti »
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3312
  • stats Total Posts: 299391
  • stats Total Topics: 20545
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955