collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: BOOK DRIVE!  (Read 5216 times)

Offline rev. ubenet

• W'ab (priest)
BOOK DRIVE!
« on: September 21, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »
a friend of mine and i are organizing a book drive for women in prison. if you have paperback books you don't need anymore, send them along! http://impertinence.livejournal.com/696824.html one of the categories they're most interested in is spirituality, particularly wicca, so if you've moved around in your spiritual journey, i'm looking at you o__o
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
Re: BOOK DRIVE!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »
Excellent! I am only too happy to help!
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »
Quick question, does the hardcover limit also include hard-bound blank journals?
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tahesatmuti

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »
I am totally happy to help! I got a few books that fit the bill.
-Tahesatmuti (Tahesat)
Catholic follower of ma'at.

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 10:51:24 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
Quick question, does the hardcover limit also include hard-bound blank journals?

I would assume so. Hard covers can more easily hide implements of destruction, so some prisons have banned them and it's not always easy to figure out which has banned what.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Iakhu_Itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 11:51:35 pm »
Quote from: Arienihethert
Hard covers can more easily hide implements of destruction, so some prisons have banned them and it's not always easy to figure out which has banned what.

This is true, and there are other safety concerns as well: I know our local JSC (where some of my students served time) wouldn't allow any hardcovers of any kind when we were sending work for them to do. We were told it was because they could use the corners of the books to injure other inmates and/or themselves.  
Iakhu-Ituti (Iakhu) "Radiance of My Two Fathers"
Sat Set her Ra, Meryt Sekhmet, Nebt-het, her Her-Wer
---------
A Space to Exist

Offline rev. ubenet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 12:59:24 am »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet

as far as i know, yes, for the reasons other people got to first :)

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 09:11:19 am »
I have a couple of paperback books on Islam I was going to get rid of. Would they be of any interest? (I have a ton of hardcover books on various things too!)

ETA: Oooo... I also found our extra copy of The Courage to Heal, so I can send it too.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:19:05 am by TabauAmunet »
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline rev. ubenet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 09:25:15 am »
Quote from: TabauAmunet
I have a couple of paperback books on Islam I was going to get rid of. Would they be of any interest? (I have a ton of hardcover books on various things too!)

ETA: Oooo... I also found our extra copy of The Courage to Heal, so I can send it too.

ooh, i'm sure they would!

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »
I've got two boxes of books ready to go, and a very happy husband who's looking forward to reorganizing the shelves (and finding room for all the other books that have been piling up for want of shelf space). :)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:10 am »
Ill look when I get home.  I purged a lot during last year's move so I'm not sure ill find anything. But it's always worth looking.  :)
Tasedjebbastmut (Taji),
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset
Devoted to the Queen of Heaven (in various iterations)

Offline izabellsa

• Remetj
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 11:47:47 am »
I will look when I get home tomorrow, I am moving soon I suppose the less I have to move the better :)
May the Neteru smile upon you!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955