collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Dreaming of Akhu  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
Dreaming of Akhu
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:20:13 am »
When I was 6 or 7 I was staying at my grandparent's house and I had a strange dream. I dreamed that my great-granddad (my papa) visited me. In the dream I woke up and there was a storm going on. I began to get scared when I noticed a man sitting in a rocking chair at the corner of the room. He was sitting in the shadows so I couldn't see his face, but I automatically knew that it was my papa.

He told me that dreams can't hurt you and that if I ever had a nightmare I just needed to think of him or that dream. I never got the change to meet my papa because he died before I was born, but he got to meet my older sister.

This is the first experience I've ever had with an Akhu, or at least a family member who has passed away. Did anyone else have an experience with them before they purposely meant to?

~Alezandra
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:21:25 am by Alezandra »
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
Re: Dreaming of Akhu
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:39:16 pm »
I feel that I may have, but it is  in such subtle ways I can not be certain - smells of perfumes I dont recognise .. once a very big feeling of being loved by the akhu..( years before K.O) and more recently i think I got a telling off or a nudge to be more patient.. when i was thinking to myself, and sometimes buzzing in my ears as an answer to something. :)
I find akhu things very scarey and I am willing to admit at halloween I went to bed early and hid under a pile of blankets thinking " they wont find me now". hahaha like that really would have worked. You see last year I was visited by a relative of a friends, who could only communicate with my via dream -  as my perceptions are not strong enough when in wake.
He hung me upside down to teach me some things...which was..erm interesting.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:42:34 pm by Blissi »

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:55:22 pm »
Em hotep! *henu*

This is common for the Akhu. They enjoy visiting us in dreams. They can also protect us from anything potentially harmful. It sounds like your grandfather was making sure you know that he is there for you.. Every now and then they will show up in our dreams to share a memory or pass a message.

Senebty,
Raheri
Sa Wesir-Sokar, mery Nut her Djehuty
Heri-sesheta Wesir

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »
Em Hotep,

If it makes you feel better, I have had two such interactions with my Akhu that I am willing to talk about. The first is the day before my Father's funeral, I felt him sitting on the edge of the bed.
The Second is my Papa (Grandfather) and dreaming that I was sitting with him in his kitchen with a beer, talking about Army stuff.

So no, its not uncommon for our ancestors to talk to us this way.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Iakhu_Itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »
My mother passed away recently, and I have had some experiences with her being around and involved in my life even from the west. She shows up in my dreams quite a bit. (I have had dreams from other ancestors as well.)

I also had some my physical type experiences with one of my grandmothers when I was a child (way before I had any religious identification)--a picture of my grandmother that my mother had been looking everywhere for suddenly showed up out in the middle of a room on a table...right after I had heard someone moving around in that empty room. It's still a favorite family story about grandma, how she finds things that are missing.   :grin:

It's been said already, but seeing them and feeling them around or encountering them in dreams is completely normal. I find their presence to be more comforting than scary. Though, to be honest, I was kind-of scared of my ancestors for a while when I first started out, but now I've gotten to the point where I talk to them a lot and I've discovered it's helpful to have that relationship with them. My ancestors are almost always willing and able to help with small day to day stuff, the kind of thing that is important to me in the moment but still seem too small to require going to shrine for(like finding lost pictures, lol.) :)
Iakhu-Ituti (Iakhu) "Radiance of My Two Fathers"
Sat Set her Ra, Meryt Sekhmet, Nebt-het, her Her-Wer
---------
A Space to Exist

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »
I've had several, actually. When my father's mother died, I was dreaming about her when the phone rang to let us know she'd passed. We were talking in front of the house - it was her house, and my dad, myself and my husband were all living there at the time. I've seen her in other dreams since, too.

I also have seen my mother's parents, both of them, in several dreams. Once my grandfather laughed at me for grounding my son for two days; grandpa said he would have grounded my son for two months. :D
Sat Bast her Djehuty her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Wasiaset

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:12:54 pm »
Em Hotep! *henu*

Some of my most vivid dreams are with my Akhu. Even though it happens every now and then, I still sometimes worry about it. I am not scared of my akhu, just sometimes I wonder "Am I missing the message". :)

It is a beautiful thing I think. I really appreciate them talking to me.
I think our ancestors speak to us in our dreams sometimes because we can become so busy with our lives, that it is in our sleep we stop and listen.

Senebty
Wasi
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Sokar-Wesir
Fedw Diviner

-Valar Dohaeris

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 06:45:42 am »
Em hotep!

When I was in hospital after having a traumatic birth and pregnancy with my son, my grandad came to me in a dream and told me that everything would work out and we'd be ok. His presence comforted me at a time of need.
You don't know what you can do until you try.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304408
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal