collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 20
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Wadjet and kundalini energy  (Read 10315 times)

Re: Wadjet and kundalini energy
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 02:16:19 pm »
Quote from: NiankhSekhmet
All of the Eyes of Ra have a "serpentine" energy, and Wadjet is one of the Eyes of Ra, because of that inner fire, which by the way has really *nothing* to do with Kundalini energy, but rather with Sekhem, that is what is going on.  Bast is an Eye of Ra, Sekhmet and HetHert are eyes of Ra, etc. Any of them can give you that "serpentine" energy.  Alison Roberts touches on this in her book, Hathor Rising.

I had that Anubis Oracle deck and though it was very "pretty" in a sort of floofy, new age sort of way, I got rid of it.  The book that came with it was useless.  If something like that works for you, that is great, but 98% of the time, all of that superflous mess has nothing to do with historical practice and can really get in your way when you are trying to get into the healing energy, Sekhem in particular.

Yes, I find myself having to reinterpret a lot of things every time I use this deck.  Do you have any recommendations on books or websites to learn more about Sekhem?
Senebty,
Khen

Per Bastemhet: My Religious Blog

Daughter of Bast, beloved of Seshat-Nit-Nebthet.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 02:17:15 pm »
Quote from: Blissi
I associate Bast with emotional healing from  personal experience, that was the first thing she did for me. :)

You've inspired me to approach her with this as well. :)
Senebty,
Khen

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »
Quote from: Bezenwepwy
You might find this article to be of some relevance:

Terence DuQuesne, "Raising the Serpent Power: Some Parallels between Egyptian Religion and Indian Tantra," in Hermes Aegyptiacus: Egyptological Studies for BH Stricker (Oxford: DE, 1995), pp. 53-68.

Where can I find this online?
Senebty,
Khen

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 03:22:46 pm »
Quote from: EmkhenetBast

If you mean a copy of the article itself, you can't. (And you can't even ask me nicely for a copy because all my books are in storage at the moment.) You can buy the book from Oxbow for £10 though.
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »
Arent there also 7 arrows of Bast to  do with healing?  EmkhenetBast if you want me to tell you my own experiences with Sekhmet or Bast I'd be happy to pm you.I have needed alot of healing the last 2 years.

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 05:24:01 pm »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu
A thought here: the word wAD, from which Wadjet's name is derived, means "to be green, to flourish, be verdant, successful, vigorous"... and as an adjective, means "green, hale, sturdy, fortunate, happy, healthy". Not sure if that helps, but it's food for thought. I don't know much about Wadjet, unfortunately, besides that.

Also, the word "uraeus," for the rearing cobra, comes from the Kemetic iaret, She Who Rises Up. I see Wadjet as the surge of life energy that causes plants to unfurl from seeds and grow. ("The force that through the green fuse drives the flower," as Dylan Thomas wrote.) So I think you could definitely connect Her with healing via energy.

Shefyt
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 03:14:47 am »

If you mean a copy of the article itself, you can't. (And you can't even ask me nicely for a copy because all my books are in storage at the moment.) You can buy the book from Oxbow for £10 though.

Ah, OK.  I´ll add it to the list.  I had an amazing collection of Kemetic books and lost all of it except for 2 of them in an international move.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Senebty,
Khen

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 03:15:23 am »
Quote from: Blissi
Arent there also 7 arrows of Bast to  do with healing?  EmkhenetBast if you want me to tell you my own experiences with Sekhmet or Bast I'd be happy to pm you.I have needed alot of healing the last 2 years.

I would appreciate that!
Senebty,
Khen

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 03:16:31 am »
Quote from: Shefytbast
Quote from: Sobeqsenu
A thought here: the word wAD, from which Wadjet's name is derived, means "to be green, to flourish, be verdant, successful, vigorous"... and as an adjective, means "green, hale, sturdy, fortunate, happy, healthy". Not sure if that helps, but it's food for thought. I don't know much about Wadjet, unfortunately, besides that.

Also, the word "uraeus," for the rearing cobra, comes from the Kemetic iaret, She Who Rises Up. I see Wadjet as the surge of life energy that causes plants to unfurl from seeds and grow. ("The force that through the green fuse drives the flower," as Dylan Thomas wrote.) So I think you could definitely connect Her with healing via energy.

Shefyt

Wow, that is a good interpretation.  Thanks for your comment.  It´s some interesting food for thought. :)  Perhaps she may be interested in working with me after all.  I´ll see how it goes with Bast first.
Senebty,
Khen

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 11:06:30 am »
I had an amazing collection of Kemetic books and lost all of it except for 2 of them in an international move.

Eeeep, that sucks. And also the last thing I need to hear since I'm in the middle of a big international move myself.
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 04:55:18 am »
I had an amazing collection of Kemetic books and lost all of it except for 2 of them in an international move.

Eeeep, that sucks. And also the last thing I need to hear since I'm in the middle of a big international move myself.

Yikes.  You really have to think about the weight issue more than anything else.  Ask yourself if there are some books you just can't live without, and which books are for projects that you can put off until later.  That's how I selected mine.  Plus I had to use the majority of the space for baby things, so it might not be as bad for you (unless you too are blessed with a little one).
Senebty,
Khen

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 01:45:31 pm »
According to Henadology:

... in CT spell 773, in which the deceased prays, “O Wadjet who makes my neck firm, I am a loving son.” This reference to fastening the head onto the neck seems to allude to an occasional association between uraei and vertebrae which can also be seen in PT utterance 318, in which it is said of the deceased king that “The King is a serpent … who swallowed his seven uraei and his seven neck-vertebrae came into being, who gives orders to the seven Enneads [assemblages of Gods] which hear the word of the monarch … who gives orders to the seven Bows,” (hostile foreign nations represented by their archers). Similarly, in CT spell 612, “To become [invoke] Hathor,” the operator affirms, “I have swallowed the seven uraei, because I am Hathor … the serpent who laughs with Wadjet.” In BD spell 172, a spell for divinizing the parts of the body, the vertebrae of the deceased are “those of the twin Wadjets.”

:)
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Hedjhotep-Heru-sa-Aset, her Shezmu

Regardless if I'm active, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever. ♥

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304407
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal