Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 86
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Patterns  (Read 13154 times)

Offline Caitlin

• Remetj
Patterns
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:52:50 pm »
Em hotep! So I was reading Devo's post (I'll edit this post to link to it when I'm on a computer) about the RPD and the link she provided to Hemet describing the process, and that got me thinking... What are some patterns that people have noticed? Like I know Aset tends to be the only Parent in an RPD if she shows up in that role, and if you have Heru-sa-Aset or Set as a parent the other tends to show up as a beloved. I've been looking to see if Hemet has talked about it but am having trouble finding if she has (though I guess she has. If there's a link would someone message it to me?)

I'm just curious what patterns have been noticed. I find it incredibly fascinating. :3
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:53:27 pm by Caitlin »

Re: Patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:43:10 am »
 Here's the post, from her tumblr blog, for those who haven't seen it.

Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
Shrine Beautiful Inspiring, Enchanting Sacred Spaces.
Kemetic Roundtable Kemetic bloggers giving their perspectives on beginner questions.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:04:56 am »
I've seen Hemet mention it before, and I believe it's floating in teh AtN archives- so I'd go searching there. Be ready to sift through years worth of posts to find the relevant stuff, tho :P

Aset, AFAIK, will not allow anyone else to be a parent with her.
Wpwt and Anup almost always come together.
If you get Set as a parent, you will get Heru-wer as a beloved.

I'm sure there are others, but I've forgotten a lot of them now. Perhaps asking Hemet directly in the AtN forum would be good- as she might have an actual list of them.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »
With aspected gods, you always get both sides. And the reverse is true with Heru and Set, all Heru-wer kids have Set as a beloved.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 06:02:36 pm »
Em hotep!

When it comes to aspected deities (that is, deities that are commonly believed in the House of Netjer to be intimately and inseparably related in a specific way), they are generally written with a dash (such as Wepwawet-Yinepu or Hethert-Sekhmet) and are given as an acknowledgement that the two deities are so linked. However, I wouldn't necessarily say I was a child of Yinepu, as it is Wepwawet Who is my Parent.

Having said that, there are others who have had different experiences. The RPD is often an intensely personal rite this way.

As far as I know, Nebthet has yet to appear as a single Parent as well.

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 12:44:49 pm »
Yep, it's Heru-wer who pairs with Set, not Heru-sa-Aset, as you can see from mine.

With aspects, the name listed first is the one you'll see more often. I occasionally see Hethert, and sometimes my Sekhmet may act a little bit Hetherty, but it's about 90% Sekhmet.

I also consider Aset as a "freebie" beloved because her name is right there along with my father's. She doesn't show up quite as often as a regular beloved, but I still call her Mom when she does.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Senusenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu
Em hotep!

When it comes to aspected deities (that is, deities that are commonly believed in the House of Netjer to be intimately and inseparably related in a specific way), they are generally written with a dash (such as Wepwawet-Yinepu or Hethert-Sekhmet) and are given as an acknowledgement that the two deities are so linked. However, I wouldn't necessarily say I was a child of Yinepu, as it is Wepwawet Who is my Parent.

Having said that, there are others who have had different experiences. The RPD is often an intensely personal rite this way.

As far as I know, Nebthet has yet to appear as a single Parent as well.

Senebty,
Sobeq

Hotep

Agreed with Sobeqsenu about the aspected Names. My father is Wepwawet-Yinepu, but I just refer to Him as Wepwawet, never Yinepu, because  Wepwawet is the side of Him that's dominant.

My other father is Set, who is never a single parent, and always has Heru-wer as a Beloved, and vice-versa. It's pretty interesting to see the interplay between them!

Senebty
Senu
sa Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set, mery Khonsu, Heru-wer her Bast

Senusenu "Companion of Two" Divined 01/21/09, named 01/28/09

Eljay

Offline Heruakhetymose

• Rev Jeff - Ordained Clergy, Baku Director
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 10:14:57 pm »
Quote from: Senusenu

Hotep

Agreed with Sobeqsenu about the aspected Names. My father is Wepwawet-Yinepu, but I just refer to Him as Wepwawet, never Yinepu, because  Wepwawet is the side of Him that's dominant.

My other father is Set, who is never a single parent, and always has Heru-wer as a Beloved, and vice-versa. It's pretty interesting to see the interplay between them!

Senebty
Senu

And I've got just the opposite going on with Yinepu-Wepwawet! I'll often refer to Him as either just Yinepu or Yinepu-Wepwawet, but not as Wepwawet, as I see Him as being quite different.  Even though Yinepu-Wepwawet comes to me as Yinepu, it's as if He's in the role of Wepwawet - kind of like Yinepu's personality with Wepwawet's function.  If you do a bit of searching though, you'll find a boat load of discussions about Yinepu, Wepwawet, and all the various manifestations of Them and various other jackals. :P  However, please don't let me de-rail this topic with jackals! They totally have a way of doing that. >.<

Also, while it might not really be a pattern per-se, I find that there's always a balance of sorts between Set and Heru.  At least that's been the case in my personal experience and practice with Heruakhety and Set.  Though I know there's at least one other Heruakhety shemsu who did not get Set in her beloveds at all. Although just because Set doesn't show up in your RPD certainly doesn't mean He won't show up in your life. <_<

I believe there are certain patterns out there with interactions between the Names that show up beyond the results of RPD which have been making themselves known over time. ^.^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Heruakhetymose »
𓅃𓈌𓏏𓏭𓄟
Rev. Heruakhetymose (Born of Heruakhety)
Son of Heruakhety, Beloved of Ra, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet
Contact Info
Kemetic Storytellers

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:27:50 pm »
Quote from: Heruakhetymose

Also, while it might not really be a pattern per-se, I find that there's always a balance of sorts between Set and Heru.  At least that's been the case in my personal experience and practice with Heruakhety and Set.  Though I know there's at least one other Heruakhety shemsu who did not get Set in her beloveds at all. Although just because Set doesn't show up in your RPD certainly doesn't mean He won't show up in your life. <_<

Interesting point. I don't have Set in my line up, but I have seen him around. I also spent a few years with a different chaotic storm deity before going Kemetic. They're not the same, but the lessons taught look similar in some ways.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Caitlin

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
Oooooo, thank you all! This is very interesting to read (though I don't really have much to add on to this. xD)

Offline Shezatwepwawet

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »
I will add one interesting note about the patterns. A few years ago we had a member divined as a child of Tefnut and Ra-Heruakhtey and Shu as one of their beloveds. Knowing that some deities will only dual-parent, plus the Heru-wer/Set team, had some speculation happening that something like this might be taking place with Tefnut. But since then we have not had any more children of Tefnut get divined so there is no way to be certain.

The Heru-wer/Set pairing was also not there in the beginning. There was some work done as RPDs happened which turned up that this was to be the case.
Senebty,

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Akhyt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 03:41:12 pm »
Yes, I still suspect that Tefnut (and possibly Shu) will only dual-parent, but we're still waiting to see whether it is so. I do find the idea of a single-parented Tefnut child kind of terrifying, though - Mother can get so intense that it sometimes feels like I was Hers only, and at those times especially it's good indeed to have a Father to go to and behind Whom to hide!

It was formerly thought in the House that such cosmological-scale Netjeru as Tefnut and Shu wouldn't show up as Parents, but we now know that's not the case ;) It would make sense that They'd only dual-parent. Then again, I know that not all the people that work with Tefnut get Her as intense and rough as I do.
Akhytsenu, "Two Are Flying"
Sat Tefnut, Ra-Heruakhety & Hekatawy I
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Shu

Pronoun: they/them/their/themself

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 04:45:32 am »
I have begun to notice a pattern with the City God Triad Beloveds (Thebes and Memphis so far.) They almost always have two or more of the Triad Names. Amun and Khonsu or Mut and Khonsu, or Amun and Mut, in some form or another. I think Weshebut has all Thebes if I remember! Sobeq is daughter of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut, and has Khonsu as well. I am daughter of Mut/Amunet, beloved of Amun-Min. And of course Ubenet has Sekhmet-Mut and Khonsu for Parents! Ptah and Sekhmet often seem to pair in some way as well. I don't know if there's another beloved of Nefertem, but I get the feeling that both He and Khonsu come with at least one Parent of Theirs.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:48:46 am by TabauAmunet »
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Shezatwepwawet

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 08:05:05 am »
Tuwer is also a Theban princess. ;)
Senebty,

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 08:42:06 am »
I don't fit the Waset pattern at all, and I can think of at least one other Mutling with no other triad gods in their line-up. *shrug*
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3045
  • stats Total Posts: 290623
  • stats Total Topics: 19741
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 560