collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Wenut holidays  (Read 2474 times)

Deshret

Wenut holidays
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:33:39 pm »
Em hotep!

Sorry if there has already been a post like this...^^;

Does anyone know of any specific dates/festivals/holidays for Wenut? I know that She is celebrated around Easter, but I'm just wondering if there are any other ones. (:

And would anyone happen to know any dates for Bast and Sekhmet also?

Thanks! c:

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Wenut holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:19:21 pm »
Em hotep! We don't actually have any traditional dates for Wenut festivals, at least not that I know of. I do something for Wenut for Easter, and I think a couple of other people do too, but that's a modern innovation based on the presence of chocolate bunnies. :grin:  I'm working on developing some more festivals for Her, but again, these are going to be modern extrapolations, probably pillaging from other Gods' festivals as well as what's going on seasonally around here.

Bast has a big festival coming up this month, around the 21st. It's the Feast of Bast Guards the Two Lands. I don't actually know what was done in antiquity, although I *think* this might have been the big one that Herodotus wrote about. She also has a cluster of important days around the beginning of March, including our favorite, the Day of Chewing Onions for Bast. Note that these are all the dates as per the House of Netjer's calendar. There are more festivals for Her throughout the year, though again, we don't know details of what was done.

There's a bunch of special days for Sekhmet, I'm sure, but I'll defer to someone who's more expert on Her.

Shefyt

Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:49:13 pm »
Quote from: Shefytbast
I do something for Wenut for Easter, and I think a couple of other people do too, but that's a modern innovation based on the presence of chocolate bunnies. grin

That is an awesome reason to have a festival.  I fully support it!  Festival of Wenut, the Goddess of the Chocolate Bunnies.

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:05:30 am »
So so so! I was looking at Nai's translations from the LAGG regarding Wenut, and under "Member of a Group of Gods," She is listed as the goddess of the day of II Shomu 26. That means....

We have a day for Wenut! Not a feast day, but a day that She is over, which would be an awesome time to celebrate Her.

This year, II Shomu 26 falls on May 25, which happens to be Memorial Day in the US.

Woohoo! ^_^

Shefyt
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:16:14 pm »
That's great, Shefyt! (and thanks, again, Nai, for all you do!)

There is also, if I'm remembering correctly, a feast or festival celebrating the 7 Arrows of Bast.  I can't recall off-hand when it was, but that would be an appropriate day to celebrate Wenut.
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304406
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal