collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 81
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Min  (Read 1482 times)

Min
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:55:07 pm »
Has anyone ever had experiences with the God Min?

I was working on associations for the four quarters and got an 'over here' for the East. The creator God Min was associated with that direction apparently. I can't find a whole lot of information on him that isn't well..shock and applause concerning his statuary.

If you're wondering why, his wikipedia article   spells it out. (nsfw)

*ahem* His statuary is quite inspiring.

I searched around the forum but I haven't yet seen him mentioned. Thoughts?
art is life

my work

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
Re: Min
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 12:36:12 pm »
Kemetic traditions don't really use "quarters", as such, but the East is associated with regeneration and new life, which ithyphallic depictions (of Min and other deities) are all about. So that makes sense. And there is a form of Min that is Amun-Min, underlining the whole creation aspect.

That's what I know off the top of my head. Others would probably know more. Hope it's a little helpful.
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:48:13 pm »
Yes, I noticed that in readings. Though the multi-faceted aspects of pretty much everything AE related are pretty interesting.

I found a reference to Neith also wearing Min's phallus, so the creation aspects are strong with these associations.

Thanks.

art is life

my work

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »
Em hotep N4ph2!

I am a beloved of Amun-Min, which is a syncretized form of Min.  Min is a Creator God that is very old, and is also an agricultural god. There are varying images of Min and Kings reaping the first fields at harvest. He is associated with East through His epithet  referring to Him as having "His Arm Raised in the East" referring to some of His statuary that has His right arm raised and the flail bent over it. This pose is said to have many references.

Overall He's a good-natured, friendly, and rather hilarious God in my experiences. Dirty jokes occasionally of course, but He teaches me to not only remember that I reap what I sow, but that I must also carefully plan what seeds to sow for my own future and when and how. He is a very wise Name, and it is always good to red His advice!

He absolutely adores lettuce, any green leafy vegetable, anything phallic, anything representing Kingship, or anything representing agriculture or the future. He is good at giving me advice on how to take care of myself as if I were a hardy flower. He reminds me that even the tallest redwood still needs water, some type of nutrients, and a regular cycle of day and night to truly thrive. It may survive without, but it gets biggest and strongest by getting what it needs. We should remember to slow down and take care of ourselves more often and maybe we, too, will thrive!

Have you had any experiences with Him? I'm curious about the differences between Min and Amun-Min!
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:56:27 pm »
Wow.

That backs up some of what I experienced. I really don't know if I'm experiencing Amun-Min or Min but thank-you for the offering tips, I wasn't quite sure what what was appropriate and had to rely on the Wepwawet wiki.

His advice was on the one hand humorous and on the other very wise, so that relates well. Perhaps offering to Min specifically is why I also felt a lot of red energy gathering in my pelvis? I also feel this with Seth. I can only really describe it as condensed eros, which sounds really weird but I have no idea what else to call it (in polite company).

That is a really lovely description of Amun-Min and lends me a more complete picture of Min, thank-you so much for talking about Him.
art is life

my work

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 288984
  • stats Total Topics: 19605
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything