collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Gods related to school/subjects?  (Read 3164 times)

Khaibet

Gods related to school/subjects?
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:29:11 pm »
Em hotep (:
Well, I'm going into 5th year of secondary(high) school next year, and basically I have to choose four subjects that I want to do. All the subjects that I'm doing now, except for math and English, are going to be dropped and I can only keep 4(or take on a new one instead of one I'm already doing.) We also need to have two extra ones on the list in case one of the four main subjects isn't available.
So the subjects I want to do are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and History as my main career ideas are Astrophysics, Veterinary and Archaeology(in Ireland, what courses you can study depend on what subjects you do in school.) though I'm also really interested in Spanish, Music and Art. I'm having a hard time choosing them, as it'll be something I'll have to do for another two years and if I pick the wrong ones I won't be able to study something I might pick up an interest in on the way, or something I already have an interest in and while it may not be my main interest it might become one of them.

And so I was thinking, which of the Gods do you guys think I should consult on that and ask for guidance in choosing the right subjects?

I was thinking Djehuty as he's into all that stuff, but also Bast has been showing up a lot since I started thinking about the subjects. So I'm not really sure who I can try and talk to.

Thanks! c:

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
Re: Gods related to school/subjects?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:08:13 pm »
I'd say Djehuty for sure, as well as Seshat though She tends to be quiet. Your own gods to whom you feel close are also wise to consult, as are your ancestors.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:36:39 am »
I would maybe try one of the Herus for general hawk-eye laserbeam goal clarity and focus stuff, too.  They aren't specifically intellectual, but which ever one you snag might be able to help you with the direction and plan-of-action decision-making.

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 11:18:15 am »
Em Hotep,

On the Fisher Fool's post, I would suggest Heru-Sa-Aset, not Heru-Wer. Heru-wer might be good for motivations with exams, but in general course work I usually get the stink-eye from Him... unless it's physical education related.

That might just be me, though.

He's old school Army with me.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Ikhet

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »
Ptah is a good one as he is the Architect and Builder of everything. (engineering, Science and mathematics)

Djhuti and seshat for Language, History and Literature

Het-hert for Art and Dramatics

Heru-Ur Phis Ed, ROTC

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:32:31 pm by Ikhet »
Ikhet-itw Sa Yinepu her Ptah Mery Heru-ur

"Let me be your song"

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »
Quote from: Maretemheqat
On the Fisher Fool's post, I would suggest Heru-Sa-Aset, not Heru-Wer.

That might just be me, though.

No, sounds about right :)  I was thinking of Heru-sa-Aset more, it goes to figure that a "younger" deity would be the go-to for "starting out in life" plans, but I don't quite have my head wrapped around all the myriad possible Herus that exist either :P  When in doubt, speak in plural and leave no-one out!

Offline Tjebni

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 04:45:50 pm »
Djehuty immediately comes to mind with education, he helped me focus. :)
Senebty,
Tjebni

Sat Serqet-Aset her Bast
Meryt Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Tefnut, Mut her Nefertem

Offline Bekamuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 08:25:18 am »
The Akhu definitely come to mind: since they've been human once they usually give some neat advice.
Think of it as asking one of your elders, only generations of them :).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bekamuti »
- Bekamuti

Sa Nebt-het & Hethert
Mery Mut & Wepwawet.

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »
I've had a lot of support from Heru-Wer, particularly in terms of motivation and keeping-the-nose-to-the-grindstone. He has been my surprising law school buddy.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 05:27:02 pm »
Definitely akhu overall, but especially for history and archaeology. Seshat for learning a new language and history/archaeology. A creator deity, such as Ptah, for physics, chemistry, and biology, and a healer-type deity for veterinary and possibly biology. Hethert-Nut or Nut or Heruakhety for astrophysics (spaaace). Hethert or Ihy for music, Khnum or Hethert for art.

My two cents. :)
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Online Rev. Saryt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:47:04 am »
Quote from: Khaibet
... but also Bast has been showing up a lot since I started thinking about the subjects.

For me, Bast is very, very musical. I could also see Bast taking interest in your veterinary studies; particularly as a future aid to her four-footed children. Best of luck to you, in Whoever you reach out to.
Rev. Sarytsenuwi
(Standardbearer of my Two | Porta-estandarte de meus Dois)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
W'ab Nekhen Medetsen net Nekh | Fedw for Set and Bast

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:33:16 pm »
I have had a lot of luck with Djehuty, especially in my biology and German classes.

I've never thought of having Heru as having to do with school, but reading these posts, it makes sense! I also think your patron deities would be a good start. I know Ra has really been helping me focus since the new semester started.
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 09:01:41 pm »
I have found through years Ra tends to be amazing in helping focus and 'break through' difficult topics one just can't comprehend for a long while as sudden a-ha moments if asked for assistance. As well as simply brighten the mind with soothing presence and very 'It's school, school is for helping life be enriching, not for stress' attitude. ;)
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything