Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: January 2014 Beginners Class  (Read 21126 times)

Offline Rev. Mose

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Het-Netjer (Temple Director)
  • Administrator
Re: January 2014 Beginners Class
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 08:17:02 am »
It looks like the account we had to host the podcasts expired and is no longer active. As a result, visiting the current link to the podcasts just redirects the visitor to the hosting site, which is why myself was confused and thought he had to create an account and pay for a service.

I've gone ahead and disabled the podcasts forum for now since that link no longer works and the podcasts aren't currently hosted anywhere. If we still have copies of the old podcsts, I'll see about getting them re-published somewhere and the new information put on the forum.
𓅃𓈌𓏏𓏭𓄟
Rev. Heruakhetymose (Born of Heruakhety)
Daughter of Heruakhety, Beloved of Ra, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet
Contact Info
Kemetic Storytellers

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 03:38:02 pm »
Oh please.....do that!....
I bet we all want to see those podcasts....

I realize that I didn`t say one thing.... I`m not a guy...  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:43:03 pm by myself »
All to Ra,my Father
Set shows the way
http://youtu.be/Dnsw39pz7Cc     http://youtu.be/nWzJwg-saCM

Offline Senuwiemdjeti

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 09:53:39 am »
Em hotep,

I was wondering since the class schedules are backed up a lil bit  will the classes begin in May or just around this month or the next?
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Bast, beloved of Wesir, Hethert-Sekhmet, and Set.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 03:28:58 pm »
Em Hotep!
The answer is a few posts above..........

And here...
http://www.kemet.org/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by myself »
All to Ra,my Father
Set shows the way
http://youtu.be/Dnsw39pz7Cc     http://youtu.be/nWzJwg-saCM

Offline Pawabitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 03:53:52 am »
Em Hotep

The question is still of reason, because of the answer above. I have been watching the matter for a while now, after my oen first questions I became more patient and still am ready to wait till may if necessary. Nonetheless it is been the second or third time somebody posted "mails are expected to go out this week", week ending with no mails whatsoever.
I don't want to be impatient or disrespectful. I merely want to express my own discomfort and growing nervosity about the matter since it seems to be absolutely intransperent when and if there actully will be the beginning of the class we applyed for.

Please mind I do not mean to complain and only aim to express my thought and experience about the matter at this point. I am well aware that the last week just ended and I hope to actually see the mails during the next three days. And maybe it's just me, but I could handle a "not this month" better than an ever ongoing "soon".

Senebty

Marukay
Sa Wesir her Yinepu-Wepwawet mery Sekhmet-Mut

Beware the raging green jql man! (inspired by Tuwerherbastmut )

~I'll stick to the words I said, not to the meaning some want them to hold~

Offline Senuwiemdjeti

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 07:23:09 am »
Em hotep

I don't mind the wait but like you said I'd like to know when. Maybe it's best to put it off till next month instead of trying to get it done this month and not reaching the time goal. I assume this would take awhile since it's backed up.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Bast, beloved of Wesir, Hethert-Sekhmet, and Set.

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 07:25:26 am »
Hotep, Marukay!

I know exactly how you feel, and I was just as antsy when I was in your position. Please keep in mind that the majority of us do not know with any more certainty when the class will officially begin. I have kept a close eye on posts, and the only thing I've been hearing is the same 'soon' message (meaning we're not holding back any info. None of us really know either). As soon as I know, I will post here if someone else hasn't posted the date here first. I'll pray that Wepwawet may open the way for this soon.
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Pawabitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 07:43:39 am »
Em Hotep Tarytenyinepu,

Thank you for your unederstanding and your post. I have to admit that it does help already to read that the majority does indeed not know much for certainity. From that on, I will return to leaning back and watching with patience, hoping and praying for a soon and smooth start for all, attendee and teacher alike.

Senebty

Marukay
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:44:41 am by Marukay »

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »
Em hotep.

This is just another, "I totally know how you feel" post. I was in your position not four months ago. You guys are (I'm 99% sure) have been accepted, and I still remember how antsy I was to get started as well. Just remember that nothing is stopping you from getting started on some reading of books (fairly sure the recommended reading list was posted around here, and if not I'll PM it to whoever wants it), online sources (Kemetic Roundtable) while you wait. It will definitely help.

Senebty.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline Pawabitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »
Em Hotep

It's nice to have your sympathy and I bet it is much appreciated by all of us :D but at this point I can't hold back on one little thing:I applyed to the class last november after I had read a good deal of the sources offered. I know much about the rituals and legends by now. But nonetheless, what I am going to learn here is something completly new whatsoever. Because it doesn't come from a science book that aims to teach archeology and history. Here I will learn the ways and knowledge of a community I am eager to call part of my family soon, part of my life, part of who I am. This is something no book can give me. That is what I am waiting for. :)

Senebty

Marukay

P.S.: those books tell about the ways of ancient egypt. The house of netjer is something much younger, which has adebted to the new, modern world. Even if there was a book about it, I want to learn it right from the origin, with a clearn and untainted mind.

Offline Senuwiemdjeti

• Shemsu
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 06:43:06 pm »
Agreed ^^

Offline Rev. Mose

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Het-Netjer (Temple Director)
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »
Em hotep!

Everyone who has applied for the January beginners course before the deadline should have received a response as of last week Wednesday (2/5/14). If you have not received a response, please re-send your applications ASAP to:
nisut@kemet.org

We did run into some problems with e-mail in December and it's possible that some messages were lost during this time. You may also want to check your spam folders for 2/5/14 to make sure that the response didn't get classified as spam.

If you did receive a response and responded "yes" to it, the beginners' teachers haven't yet gotten the course started. This should happen in the next day or two.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. ^.^

Senebty,
Mose
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Heruakhetymose »
𓅃𓈌𓏏𓏭𓄟
Rev. Heruakhetymose (Born of Heruakhety)
Daughter of Heruakhety, Beloved of Ra, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet
Contact Info
Kemetic Storytellers

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »
I haven't received anything, and my spam folder seems to be clear, so I just resent it.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Senuwiemdjeti

• Shemsu
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 08:18:32 pm »
I tried to resent to applications@kemet.org and nisut@kemet.org but all I got are failure messages saying Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

:
Remote host said: 550 is in an RBL, see Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.139.212.163" [RCPT_TO]

(TT) I quit

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 08:27:10 pm »
I resent and it appeared to work.  Try again?  
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298672
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything