collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Prayers for My Father-in-Law  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Remetj
Prayers for My Father-in-Law
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:58:11 pm »
Em hotep everyone,

I want to thank you all again for the warm welcome. I am really looking forward to the beginner's class in May and getting to know you all better.

I was hoping to request some prayers on behalf of my father-in-law Bob who is very dear to me. He is quite sick and in a lot of pain. Right now the doctors are still trying to find  out what is wrong so they can treat him. They think it may be Lyme disease but his tests so far have been inconclusive and the antibiotics they have had him on have not made him any better. Bob is a very good man and was the only one of my husband's blood relations who truly welcomed me with open arms. He only recently retired and he was planning on working on his house in rural Oregon when this illness hit him. He was really active and went on a backpacking trip with my husband only a couple of years ago. It is really hard for him to be unable to move without pain, and I know he is depressed. He sounded so old when last I spoke to him on the phone.

I would sincerely appreciate any prayers anyone would be willing to say for him, or any healing heka. His suffering breaks my heart.

Senebty,
Dorothy

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
Re: Prayers for My Father-in-Law
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 07:41:59 am »
Prayers
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:46 am »
Praying.
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44:51 am »
Prayers.
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 02:06:33 pm »
Prayers.
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 07:12:01 pm »
Oh man, your poor father in law. That sucks man, decent people with nice plans are supposed to enjoy a satisfying retirement.  Good luck and a prayer for sure.  

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 08:05:23 pm »
Prayers that Sekhmet may heal him. May the wise Akh Imhotep aid his doctors, and may he be well again soon!
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Mezaenaset

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 12:42:26 pm »
Praying...
Sa Aset-Serqet her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Mery Bast-Mut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, NebetHet-Nit-Seshat her Djehuty

Offline Rev. Neferuhethert

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 12:36:57 pm »
Your father-in-law Bob is in my prayers.
Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta and Mut-netjer Hethert

Offline Dorothy

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:54 pm »
Thank you everyone for your prayers. We found out this weekend that he is in fact positive for Lyme disease. At least now we know for sure and his doctors can focus on the most effective treatment. It's a long road ahead since there is no quick fix for chronic Lyme disease, but at least he's not suffering from some mystery disease. Thank you so much for all your prayers. <3
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:53:02 pm by Dorothy »

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:41 am »
Ugh. Lyme's seriously spooks me, I do a lot of yardwork in deep brush and every time I pull a tick off (which can be a half dozen or so sometimes) I silently curse the FDA geniuses that decided the vaccine they had a decade ago wasn't worth producing anymore. I was thinking that your FIL might still have it anyway when you posted, the antibiotic for Lymes looses effectiveness if the window of time is past.  Agreed that thank goodness it isn't an autoimmune malfunction, but good luck and a prayer for support for him in managing it as a chronic condition.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:48:29 am by thefisherfool »

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 09:45:13 am »
Quote from: thefisherfool
I silently curse the FDA geniuses that decided the vaccine they had a decade ago wasn't worth producing anymore.

The Lyme-Disease vaccine was discontinued in the US by the manufacturers and not the FDA. The vaccine had a high cost, and since only "at-risk" individuals were receiving it, the cost of manufacturing the vaccine was too great. So it really does not have anything to do with the intelligence levels of FDA employees. Most vaccines provide immunity against contagious infectious disease. Lyme disease isn't contagious person-to-person so recommendations for being a required immunization does not apply. 95% of cases result from only 4% of the States.

While the treatment regimen for prolonged Lyme disease is lengthy, hopefully he will start feeling better again soon. You are in my prayers.
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 11:07:43 am »
Quote from: Raheri
(Quote Raheri re: vaccine etal.)

Yeah, I do actually know that, I also know I've whined about it on a balky tangent here once before, too, though, and wanted to keep it short this time :P  There were concerns about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine while it was out as well.  Still, unprofitable niche market with some vaccine-typical problems or not, I wish it was still available and it would've saved someone like Dorothy's father-in-law a lot of trouble.  Every hitchhiker I pick off I wonder if I'm missing one.

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 09:27:48 pm »
Prayers for his health and wellbeing.
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3314