collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Parents Questions  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Tuaira

• Shemsu
Parents Questions
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:03:18 am »
For a very long time now, I feel like I've been adopted by Ra & Set. I've had many interesting experiences with Ra that's different from experiences I've had with other deities. He always gives out fatherly vibes and anytime I'm doing something that I'm nervous about, (such as having to go somewhere on a bus when it's icy roads, awaiting decisions that will either bring good or bad news etc...) I automatically call him in my mind. He's always, "Don't worry, I'm here besides you." And then my nerves either settle or something good happens. As for Set, I've had an unexplainable obsession with him. Every article I could find on him, I read. Have also had some interesting experiences with him. So last year I announced to them that I was going to consider them my fathers until I undergo the RPD, they seemed fine with this. (And quite recently, If Set slips out of my mind or I pay too much attention to Ra, he'll remind me of his presence.) Is this okay to do? If their not my parents, will my real parents be offended?

Second question. Those with two parents, Do you ever find that one parent will be more dominant than the other most of the time? There have been one or two times when Ra or Set have appeared equal, but despite often appearing together, one usually gives off a stronger presence than the other. (Currently it's Set)
"I hold Ra Upwards"
Sat Ra
meryt Nut her Set
𓁛 𓏌𓁥 𓁣

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
Re: Parents Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:55:18 am »
Em hotep Scouting for Set,

As to offended gods - That is of course individual and perhaps there isn't a way to know the answer until well, you know who your House Parent(s) is or are and *They* tell you what Their feelings on the matter are. Though I've found it's not uncommon to have strong relationships with deities other than those divined, and to continue to mantain that relationship after the Rite of parental divination, or to form and pursue new relations.

After all RPD doesn't speak about what sort of relationship you're supposed to hold to anyone, only about what sort of hierarchical structure do those deities have toward you and in your life *in context of Kemetic Orthodoxy*.

As far as to personal experience, I consider my technically-Beloveds to be Parents in the 'roles' they take, because they've raised me. In the same time, Serqet is my House Mother, Serqet is who gets reverence *in Senut*, and Serqet is who I talk to about definite steps on the path *as Kemetic Orthodox*.

Does that make sense any? :D Simply the RPD speaks about 'state matters', of us as the kemetic *nation* and its parts. It does not define *individual* relationships, or their content, nor does it limit them.
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:30 am »
I considered myself a daughter of Set long before I underwent the RPD.  I struggled with the decision to undergo the RPD because what would I do if I weren't a child of Set? Being His daughter was part of my identity, who am I if I am not that?

But He reminded me - the results of the RPD don't change our past. It wont change my experiences with Him, it wont negate our relationship, and I realized that even if I were not His daughter, I would still always be His daughter.

I took the RPD and, guess what? I am His daughter.  So that was nice. Also Hethert's daughter, which was a surprise.

Being dual-parented, I genuinely feel I am 100% the daughter of each.  Not 50-50, not 75-25, but 100% for a total of 200%. Sure, Set is much louder and easier to hear than Hethert. (Way, way way louder. Way louder. Like seriously. Way louder.)  But I am every bit Her daughter just the same.  

It's a matter of learning how to listen, discovering where inside of you They reside, and in what ways having Them as part of your life impacts you and who you are as a person.  It's all part of the journey.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:09:48 am »
Em hotep *henu*

I'm not dual parented, Serqet alone put her stamp all over me. However, before my RPD, I struggled with my decision to undergo it or not. It wasn't because of Serqet (I honestly didn't know she was there until my RPD), but Sekhmet. Sekhmet was my main driving force for many years. She helped me up through some of the hardest times in my life. She is the one who suggested and encouraged me to become Kemetic (as opposed to my eclectic/chaote ways before). Sekhmet told me if I wanted to have solid relationships with Kemetic deities, I should learn how to practice in a Kemetic way. So I was terrified she wouldn't show up. Then I was told I had nothing to worry about. So I went forward, and Sekhmet showed up.

I do cultivate some relationships outside of my RPD, but the results are important to me. They are existent in my life now and before they formally came forward. But they aren't the only ones, or the only ones I love.

Senebty, Rawy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Raawyserqet »
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline ubenet

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:35:38 am »
i don't think any of our gods would be offended by your having a relationship with other gods. i didn't think Sekhmet was my Mother before my RPD, whereas i absolutely knew that Khonsu was my Father, and They were both nothing but happy for me when i was divined.

i do sometimes feel like one of Them has stepped forward more than the other, but They're both always there -- kind of like the christian poem about footsteps.
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

Offline Tuaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:11 am »
Thanks all, your answers have helped a lot! :)
"I hold Ra Upwards"
Sat Ra
meryt Nut her Set
𓁛 𓏌𓁥 𓁣

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 03:15:09 am »
I don't know my parents yet, but I strongly believe that Bast is one of the two. She pays a lot of attention to me and cares a lot. I don't think she's offended by my worshiping Djehuty. I honour her as well. During feasts in our family, I always drink in her and Djehuty's honour several times.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:16:25 am by Gleb »
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:51 am »
(Taqai, so what you are saying then is that Set can be loud? ;) )

Scout, Rev. Siuda once said, quite emphatically, that all the Gods love us. RPD isn't about Who "loves" us the most, but about a deeper connection. I had a long relationship with Aset (first as Isis) before even considering the House, and have to admit a little surprise that She was (and still is) NOT a part of my RPD. But over the years I have come to learn why that is. To paraphrase what She said to me one day, it's not about love, but need.

As for my own Parent, I also had a strong affinity for Jackal from the time I was a kid. During the run up to my RPD I mentally prepared for just about Anyone being my parent(s). Er, except for one. Take a guess Who. ;)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:14 am »
Gods can sometimes bring you before other gods as a way to show you what you need.

And not always are they part of your original 'pantheon'.

ie Kemetic gods showing you Sumerian or Nordic or Hindu or what have you.  

As Shezat said, it's about what you need to see/hear/experience

Some people end up with very elaborate relationships that cross continents in terms of where deities originate.
art is life

my work

Offline Akhyt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 10:03:36 am »
There are times when I have a hard time recalling I'm in fact dual-parented. Tefnut is such a forceful presence in my life that sometimes I feel like I'm all Her. But Father is definitely there, as well, especially in my relations to other people. The dynamic They have in my life is a complicated one, and though it might seem likely that Mom is the distant, difficult-to-reach one, it seems to me that Dad just kind of lets Her drive most of the time ;)
Akhytsenu, "Two Are Flying"
Sat Tefnut, Ra-Heruakhety & Hekatawy I
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Shu, Djehuty & Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Pronoun: they/them/their/themself

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304407
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal