collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Demon days - Wep Ronpet  (Read 9514 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Demon days - Wep Ronpet
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:26:17 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! :)
Since the demon days are about to start I was thinking about making a post here.
14th of July - Birthday of Wasir
15th of July - Birthday of Hor
16th of July - Birthday of Seth
17th of July - Birthday of Aset
18th of July - Birthday of Nebet-Het

How do you pass this period of time? Do you perform any rituals?

Senebty,
Gleb.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:26:56 pm by Gleb »
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Taji

• Shemsu
Re: Demon days - Wep Ronpet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »
This year, we observe those dates on:

July 29 - Wesir's birthday
July 30 - Heru-wer
July 31 - Set
August 1 - Aset
August 2 - Nebet-Het
August 3 - Wep Ronpet

It's based off of our calendar, which calculates Wep Ronpet based on the heliacal rise of Sirius (Sopdet) over the King's official residence.  In this case, Joliet, IL, USA.  (I hope that's right.  I'm going from memory.)  

Senebty,

Taji

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »
Quote from: Tasedjebbastmut
This year, we observe those dates on:

July 29 - Wesir's birthday
July 30 - Heru-wer
July 31 - Set
August 1 - Aset
August 2 - Nebet-Het
August 3 - Wep Ronpet

It's based off of our calendar, which calculates Wep Ronpet based on the heliacal rise of Sirius (Sopdet) over the King's official residence.  In this case, Joliet, IL, USA.  (I hope that's right.  I'm going from memory.)  

Senebty,

Taji

Phew... Thanks very very much!!! =^_^=
If I may ask, how do you endure this period?
What should I do on Wep Ronpet?
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 05:19:06 pm »
Taji, thank you for posting the dates ahead of time on the public part of the forum.  I will eventually be in the next class when it starts, but in the meantime, I have been tossing around the idea for months of cutting my hair as an act of thanks for Nebthet (it has been 5 years that I've been growing it out,) and really really need to start thinking about (and talking myself into!) a concrete date, especially if I want to auction it. Now I have a month and a half to psych myself up--or out! :p

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »
I've never heard of them referred to as demon days before. Precarious, to be certain, but not that level.

There is heka we perform at Retreat for those in attendance but isn't available to people not available. The big reason is logistical, there are amulets which need to be made each year (can't re-use) and they involve a lot of work to prepare. Perhaps one year someone will come up with some hekau which can be done by people in their own homes.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Taji

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 07:17:14 pm »
There are Rituals That Can Be Done at Home that go out to for those who can't make it to Retreat.  Basically they're just lighting a candle for each God on their birthday and reading a prayer.  

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 01:53:31 pm »
Oh ok, thank :) . I have a few amulets. They really help me when needed. Each is connected with a special god or thing. I have: Inpu, Ankh, Eye of Hor, Aset (Isis) and Bast.

To be honest, I am afraid mostly of Set's birthday. As concerning others - I am pretty fine with them.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 01:55:22 pm »
Em hotep

We call these the Epagomenal days, the days that exist outside of the year itself. They are special days, which can be precarious as Zat said, but only because they sit outside time. If my memory of the tale is correct, the god Djehuty played dice with Ra to gain time so that Nut could give birth.

One can definitely light candles to these Birthday gods, speak to them,(and to all gods) during these days.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Taji

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:52 pm »
Don't be afraid of Set's birthday.  But don't be surprised either if it storms.  :)

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 12:03:42 pm »
Last year, his birthday granted me a downpour while riding my bike home from work. I ended up laughing and giggling through an immensely thick sheet of rain.
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 04:12:55 am »
Perhaps it's not a very bad thing after all. I guess I must be alert during the period, that's all. Thanks everyone! :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:16 pm »
Hmmm... I once read it that Djehuty bet the extra moonlight for 5 extra days from Khonsu over a game of senet. :) Trickster God ftw either way!
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »
This is perfectly timed!  I was just looking for a place to put some nifty information I read, and here was a thread, already set up :D  Thanks, Gleb.

From The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt by Richard Wilkinson:

"Amulets of cats and litters of kittens were popular New Year gifts, and the name of Bastet was often inscribed on small ceremonial 'New Year flasks', probably to evoke the goddess as a bestower of fertility and because Bastet, like other lioness goddesses, was viewed as a protective deity able to counter the darker forces associated with the 'Demon Days' at the end of the Egyptian year."  pg 179.

So, Gleb, go on out and get yourself a kitten :D

Blessings,
Tahai
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 03:37:13 am »
noooooooo, don't tell me to go get a kitten, I might actually do that!
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me
Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 06:07:05 am »

Quote from: Tahai
This is perfectly timed!  I was just looking for a place to put some nifty information I read, and here was a thread, already set up :D  Thanks, Gleb.

From The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt by Richard Wilkinson:

"Amulets of cats and litters of kittens were popular New Year gifts, and the name of Bastet was often inscribed on small ceremonial 'New Year flasks', probably to evoke the goddess as a bestower of fertility and because Bastet, like other lioness goddesses, was viewed as a protective deity able to counter the darker forces associated with the 'Demon Days' at the end of the Egyptian year."  pg 179.

So, Gleb, go on out and get yourself a kitten :D

Blessings,
Tahai

Thanks very much! =^_^=
I have a cat statue. It is silver coloured with precious blue eyes. I think it will be a nice gift for someone...
Senebty,
Gleb

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3250
  • stats Total Posts: 298330
  • stats Total Topics: 20448
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955