[PUBLIC] About the Kemetic Orthodox Religion > [PUBLIC] Kemet Today - Rev. Tamara's Blog & Podcast

Demon days - Wep Ronpet

(1/4) > >>

Gleb:
Em Hotep everyone! :)
Since the demon days are about to start I was thinking about making a post here.
14th of July - Birthday of Wasir
15th of July - Birthday of Hor
16th of July - Birthday of Seth
17th of July - Birthday of Aset
18th of July - Birthday of Nebet-Het

How do you pass this period of time? Do you perform any rituals?

Senebty,
Gleb.

Tasedjebbast:
This year, we observe those dates on:

July 29 - Wesir's birthday
July 30 - Heru-wer
July 31 - Set
August 1 - Aset
August 2 - Nebet-Het
August 3 - Wep Ronpet

It's based off of our calendar, which calculates Wep Ronpet based on the heliacal rise of Sirius (Sopdet) over the King's official residence.  In this case, Joliet, IL, USA.  (I hope that's right.  I'm going from memory.)  

Senebty,

Taji

Gleb:

--- Quote from: Tasedjebbastmut ---This year, we observe those dates on:

July 29 - Wesir's birthday
July 30 - Heru-wer
July 31 - Set
August 1 - Aset
August 2 - Nebet-Het
August 3 - Wep Ronpet

It's based off of our calendar, which calculates Wep Ronpet based on the heliacal rise of Sirius (Sopdet) over the King's official residence.  In this case, Joliet, IL, USA.  (I hope that's right.  I'm going from memory.)  

Senebty,

Taji
--- End quote ---

Phew... Thanks very very much!!! =^_^=
If I may ask, how do you endure this period?
What should I do on Wep Ronpet?

terrapin46:
Taji, thank you for posting the dates ahead of time on the public part of the forum.  I will eventually be in the next class when it starts, but in the meantime, I have been tossing around the idea for months of cutting my hair as an act of thanks for Nebthet (it has been 5 years that I've been growing it out,) and really really need to start thinking about (and talking myself into!) a concrete date, especially if I want to auction it. Now I have a month and a half to psych myself up--or out! :p

Shezatwepwawet:
I've never heard of them referred to as demon days before. Precarious, to be certain, but not that level.

There is heka we perform at Retreat for those in attendance but isn't available to people not available. The big reason is logistical, there are amulets which need to be made each year (can't re-use) and they involve a lot of work to prepare. Perhaps one year someone will come up with some hekau which can be done by people in their own homes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version