collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 196
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: God's Manifestations  (Read 1307 times)

God's Manifestations
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:37:45 am »
Correct me if I am wrong,

Kemetic Orthodoxes believe that God descends and manifests into many other distinct Gods and Goddesses.

Also, was this the common form of worship in ancient Egypt?
Akins

Offline Devo

• Remetj
Re: God's Manifestations
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:20:57 pm »
KO Is a polytheist religion, so technically it's more about different gods existing, though most got their start from an initial Creator deity (although there are many creation myths and Creator deities to pick from).

So I wouldn't really say it's necessarily a matter of "god" manifesting as many deities, though some make choose to view it that way.

As for antiquity, it also depends. There are parts of AE history where the worship was more polytheistic, many times it was monolatrous, and towards the later periods, it became henotheistic in many ways. So really, all forms of interpretation or worship are valid when it comes to NTRW.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Re: God's Manifestations
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 05:29:35 am »

Quote from: Devo
KO Is a polytheist religion, so technically it's more about different gods existing, though most got their start from an initial Creator deity (although there are many creation myths and Creator deities to pick from).

So I wouldn't really say it's necessarily a matter of "god" manifesting as many deities, though some make choose to view it that way.

As for antiquity, it also depends. There are parts of AE history where the worship was more polytheistic, many times it was monolatrous, and towards the later periods, it became henotheistic in many ways. So really, all forms of interpretation or worship are valid when it comes to NTRW.

-Devo

Basically this ^ .
Senebty,
Gleb

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3062
  • stats Total Posts: 291625
  • stats Total Topics: 19821
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653