Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Your perception of Wepwawet  (Read 6121 times)

Offline Akhyt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
Re: Your perception of Wepwawet
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 09:24:06 pm »
He is the One long journeys tend to begin with. He is the shadow raising its head at the gates of the moon and the dreams. He is the one causing planes to fly and thereby ears to hurt. He is the one reaching his hand out, leaving you wonder whether or not you should take it, and you're going to take it anyway.

When asking for a guide you can never
know where it'll take you
when looking for advice you don't get what
you thought you wanted
Akhytsenu, "Two Are Flying"
Sat Tefnut, Ra-Heruakhety & Hekatawy I
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Shu, Djehuty & Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Pronoun: they/them/their/themself

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 07:28:40 am »
On top of the wonderful descriptions others have posted, I also personally see Wepwawet as a "crossroads" kind of Netjer, a navigator if you will. Someone Who, being rather liminal is between and aside from It  All, can see it all that much more clearly. He finds, defines and forges paths. Any door you come to, he has the key.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 11:17:32 pm »
My Da is Wepwawet. :)

You'll have to forgive any ramblings since I am responding via my mobile...

How do I perceive Wepwawet. In short, He comes to me as a warrior shaman and leader. He is very much a teacher with me, always wanting me to explore paths, but reminding me to not ask questions I really don't want to hear the answers to. I have seen him in a few different forms (personal upg). I see him as an Ethiopian wolf, an Ethiopian wolf headed man, or a dark skinned man in cultural garb. This will differ on what he is portraying to me at any given time. I will cut this short here, but please feel free to drop me a message with any questions. :)

Senebty,
Satsenu
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 06:02:05 am »
I feel that Wepwawet and Yinapu had tremendous impact on my life these days.
After 6 years of treating schizophrenia, I finally learned about which medications are best for me and in what dosages.
Everything I wrote like Wepwawet told me. And Yinapu confirmed that therapy is the best and to ask psychiatrist to prescribe that therapy.
And right now, thanx to Set, Sekmet, AmunRa, and Wesir and all Nerjeru, I went to supermarket with my mom, for the first time in half of the year.
So Wepwawet really blown to my wings to fly to healing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:02:58 am by Setesh »
Devotee of Set.
Dua Netjer!
Dua Set!

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 11:51:56 pm »
I'm fond of Wepwawet. I've set up a small shrine before to protect my house in the past. I'm intending to do it again but in a box because my circumstances have changed and that is the best way to protect the dice I offer. He's generous. The first time I offered dice for the house protection shrine I had improbably good luck in the next dice game I played.

I'm creating my own tarot and wepwawet carrying traditional rectangular shield and spear are part of the image for the chariot card.

As the opener of the ways,  I see Wepwawet as the god of the physical infrastructure of the internet. (Djehuty is god of the content)
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 11:28:57 am »
I often envision Wepwawet in the role of a character judge.  He is the Opener of Ways, but, in my limited experiences with Him, I feel He weighs me and determines if I deserve an opened way.  I also picture Him as a crony of Heru-Wer, with the two of them hanging out with a 6 pack of beer, picking off door-ways with lighting bolts for target practice :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:14:16 pm by Tahai »
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 02:07:45 pm »
I totally can see him getting on well with Heru-Wer, although Heru-wer has a far drier sense of humour. Also they're both warrior gods.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3307
  • stats Total Posts: 299274
  • stats Total Topics: 20533
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything