collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 64
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Aset  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
Aset
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:32:44 am »
So Aset is the god of the year. I have been told I will create an artwork by the end of Her year. But nothing I already know about Her is helping me find a place to start.

I know a lot of people are scared of Her. I think that's because She is a) strict and b) powerful. Setting that to one side as it's not relevant. What do you know or experience with Her?
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
Re: Aset
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »
Hotep Demai!

I'd suggest visiting Nai's Wepwawet Wiki's page for Aset... it has a good deal of info, and some good-looking links at the bottom which should further help. :)

http://wepwawet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Aset
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 08:10:54 pm »
I've been following Aset for almost 10 years now, after she first appeared to me, all golden and stunning beautiful and regal, back when I was a Wiccan. I can't say enough good things about her.

I wouldn't call her stern, as much as forthright. But only when it's necessary. (like I've done something really stupid that's hurt me, and I'm still doing it.)

She, Sekhmet and Bast have been real mothers to me, and they love to fuss. Aset was the first mother love I ever knew, and has done so much inner healing in me. (My biological mother was mentally ill and violent and terrifying, and rejected me when I was a child.)

Aset DOES require formality in ritual, respect and reverence. But She is also there for me whenever I need her, and is extremely protective of me.

Sometimes however, I will go to her about a situation and she will say to me, "Oh, Sekhmet's handling that." Like various gods get assigned to take care of various aspects of ones life. (this still never ceases to fascinate me)

So, She isn't like Isis, where Isis takes care of everything.
Aset very much functions as part of a company.

Sometimes she will even come to me at night, and back up something another god has said (like Wesir) and say "We all think...."

I don't find Aset to be the least bit scarey, but She is overwhelming powerful and that CAN be intimidating, at times. She's BIG. HUGE! I think She is very misunderstood, and She has shared a lot of personal things with me, like her intense saddness when Wesir died. These are things She still feels. Gods have feelings, too.

Aset is very warm and has intense depth. When She speaks to me, I can feel this deepness about Her.

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 08:15:51 pm »
Aset very much feels like that moment when you step into a hot bath after a long day. She just wraps herself around you and you want to fall asleep because you feel so safe.

She's the first moment that hot coco or hot coffee hits your belly in the dead of winter.

She's the first full day after the ice melts away.

Aset is very much a metaphorical connection for me lol.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ Temple Fundraiser ; tumblr }

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »
My experience of her, msotly relates to Aset Luminous festival. I wanted to make a real effort to honour her before hand and get to know her before making a prayer. She came to me and cleansed me, and got rid of some inner things that were making me low in mood. She then answered a prayer, it turned my world a little upside down, it was stressful, but worth the wait ( its taken over a year for things to finally fall into place ) :) I am not so afraid of her anymore, I really hold her in the highest regards.

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 10:08:48 am »
I have a website with information on Aset.  It is linked in my sig.  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 10:34:56 am »
For a long time I was dedicated to Aset only.
But while doing with Her, I felt like She hates me, so I stopped with offerings to Aset.
Worth of mentioning is that I still don't quite know to witch Netjer to pray...
Devotee of Set.
Dua Netjer!
Dua Set!

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 04:53:46 pm »
Netjer does not hate us. Aset is tough, to be sure, but I am also sure that She would not say She hates you. She is the other side of Serqet.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 05:12:22 am »
Maybe I made a mistake, maybe what I perceived wasn't hate but some negative energies.
All my prayers were unfulfilled, and while I was praying to Her I felt quite a lot of depressive feelings... It all resolved when I stopped praying to Aset.
Aset wasn't the Good Choice for me...
Devotee of Set.
Dua Netjer!
Dua Set!

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 05:49:22 am »
Em hotep Demai!

I am so sorry I was out of town when you began this thread but what  nice one :)

I believe all our gods have Their scary moments, (some perhaps more than others) even the ones we consider warmer and fuzzier so to speak.

In my experience with Aset, Whom I adore and revere, She is at Her scariest when it becomes clear to me that She sees me as far stronger, smarter, more insightful, more capable, than I ever think I am. When I think I can't do something, that's when it can feel like She has moved away. That's still a bit daunting to this day, but experience has proven to me at least, in my interactions with Her, that instead of Her moving away, She is in fact simply ensuring that I see myself more as She sees me.

I do believe all our gods think similarly about us. Some gods may be more apt to comfort and guide us to getting a thing done. Aset, for me at least, is not about the comfort. She is about getting the thing done because, well, because She made me completely capable of *getting it done*. I just have to catch up with Her program!

Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 05:51:06 am »
Hotep Tatja.

I rather like your metaphors!!

Thank you :)

I might also add that She is the first touch of Ice on one's head in the midst of a hot summer day.
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 05:54:56 am »
Hotep Setesh,

I also will say that Aset doesn't hate.

As to which deity one might pray---in Kemetic ORthodoxy we manage to pray to several, many, Whomever might be best able to help us at a specific time, or just to Whomever we want to talk with at any time. I greet Ra in the early morning (my windows face east so I always see the first sun), I talk with Khonsu and Djehuty and even Wesir in a full moon, I talk with Sekhmet and Sobek about health, I talk with Set and Heru-wer and Heru-sa-Aset about finding strength. And some gods I talk with just because I want to talk with Them.
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 11:19:49 pm »
Beginning to work on the portrait has me working on a bigger canvas than before and forced me to confront the fact that the gods and the Akhu are going to continue to be a part of my part of art practice. My acceptance of that and my public statement on the subject can be found at anitamorris.net

sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286250
  • stats Total Topics: 19411
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217