Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Modern animal associations?  (Read 6792 times)

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
Re: Modern animal associations?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 06:05:59 pm »
Alligators, crocodiles, other quadruped reptiles but not quite so much. Since my Father is a synchronization of Ra, I also see him visit me as a bird of prey (typically hawks in my area).
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 06:08:07 pm »
I dunno..it doesn't seem to matter to me that their animal forms might not be conducive to their habitat.  My mothers are Bast and Amunet.  I've only ever seen Bast as a shadow leopard and Amunet as a cobra, despite the fact that I will NEVER see these animals in the wild here in Canada!  I have even seen both of my mothers intertwined together, leopard and cobra, like yin and yang, which seemed perfectly natural to me at the time.  It has actually never even occurred to me to think they were out of place, they're just..who they are, I guess!
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 06:26:55 pm »
I dunno..it doesn't seem to matter to me that their animal forms might not be conducive to their habitat.  My mothers are Bast and Amunet.  I've only ever seen Bast as a shadow leopard and Amunet as a cobra, despite the fact that I will NEVER see these animals in the wild here in Canada!  I have even seen both of my mothers intertwined together, leopard and cobra, like yin and yang, which seemed perfectly natural to me at the time.  It has actually never even occurred to me to think they were out of place, they're just..who they are, I guess!

I do feel like when they (physically) visit you, they would try to take whatever forms suits them, closest to their animal associations. Okay for example Sobek-Ra visiting me today as I was driving to work. The hawk was fairly low and I rarely noticed hawks around (I see crows and typical passerines of the PNW more than anything else).
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »
I've already come to associate Hethert-Nut with blackbirds and starlings, and it's only been roughly a month since my RPD. I'm not even sure exactly how that one happened.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »
Starlings.  How perfect is that! :)
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 11:00:21 pm »
My thoughts exactly!
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:37 am »
I've come to associate all wild canids with Yinepu. Where I live, there are many coyotes and foxes and I often see them in my yard and at my boyfriend's old place, or just along the road running and hunting when I'm driving. I live very rurally and it's not uncommon to see them come very close to you.

I associate these canines with Yinepu, naturally. There are also a great many deer here, though I have not yet decided what God they represent to me. I do feel like their visits to me are related to the Netjer, however.
Gezemyinepu (Gez)-  "Anointed by Yinepu"

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Cari

• Remetj
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »
I've come to associate Djehuty with Great Blue Herons which are native to my area. We've always had them near my house, and they're gorgeous birds who look a little like ibises. There's one who always comes to visit my campus during the warmer months, and I hope I'll get a chance to spot him soon!

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Modern animal associations?
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 01:55:28 pm »
Em hotep!

When I was younger my Mother Amunet came to me as a cobra. Somehow over the years Her cobra changed to more of Her vulture side. There are turkey vultures nesting atop a building I used to work in, and I would watch them fly. I find myself drawn to working near that building just so I can see them. The reason for the change makes sense internally but I can't explain it.  No matter where I drive in the city I seem to see them, and they pop up overhead even on long road trips.
We are also surrounded by varying species of hawks and even a couple of bald eagles. The red tails make me think of Heru-wer, the smaller breeds of Heru-sa-Aset, and the bald eagles remind me of Ra.

Senebty! •henu•
~TabauAmunet
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Paysabast

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 11:23:36 pm »
Hawks and whitetail deer I have come to associate with Set.  And I can see Wesir and Djehuty associatted with Great Blue Herons.
Senebty :)

Paysabast , Son of Bast and beloved of Renenutet and Set

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3161
  • stats Total Posts: 295196
  • stats Total Topics: 20154
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955