Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 93
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Someone who is connected with loners  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Someone who is connected with loners
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:49:30 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! *henu*
I have some questions in this thread, so I apologize in advance if one or more don't fit here.

The recent events made me think about the subject, and I decided to ask if there is someone from the Netjeru that is connected with lovers, and leads them on their way.

My second question is about fate. There was a thread about it, just couldn't find it. So how does fate work in Kemetism? Can I avoid it? Change it?
My name carries a lot of positive things, but negative too. The positive - protection from Netjer, negative - loneliness. And it freaks me out.

I am not in depression, but... I just don't want to keep enduring. In my position this is what I can do. Luckily I have two more years left.

Senebty
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Someone who is connected with loners
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:23:35 pm »
I don't think there's any official Kemetic Orthodox perspective on fate--I've actually never heard it talked about in the Kemetic community at large, either. I don't think the concept of one solid, unchangeable fate is really a thing for us. We're more of a free will kind of religion.

That said, I do get the idea that the Netjeru (at least some of them) can probably "see the future" to a limited degree--as least in the sense of knowing what variables are in place and how they might affect an outcome. Time is a human invention, and it's not really as linear as it seems to us, so it's entirely possible (and, I think, likely) that They might not experience it the way we do. I think that the future is always shifting and changing due to the decisions we make, but They're more aware of the far-reaching consequences of our decisions than we are.

Basically what I'm saying is, I wouldn't worry about having one particular "fate" that you have to avoid or change. There are many things that could happen, and which of them DOES happen just depends on the decisions you make, and the decisions made by those around you.

Also, regarding your first question--did you mean lovers or loners? Your post says lovers but the subject line says loners.

For lovers, I would think any of the major divine couples would fit. Hethert and Heru-wer, Aset and Wesir, Amun and Mut--just to name a few. Hethert is particular has always been associated with romantic love; I believe there's even a prayer in the Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook to Hethert asking for a lover.

For loners, I think Atum is associated with loneliness (I remember reading that in one myth that's why he created the other gods of the Ennead). He might be a good one to appeal to. There's also Set, who was abandoned by worshippers in certain periods and shunned by most of his family after killing Wesir. He probably knows a thing or two about feeling alone.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »
Oops, my bad. I meant loners. Thanks for your input! :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:00:24 pm »
For loners, I would say Set, as He is over outsiders, so might be better to understand that.

As for fate, oy, that is a big concept in most any religion. I asked about it a few years ago in the context of wondering if there is a parallel to my ancestors' concept of Wyrd. There isn't, so much, but there is some figuring of fate. I was directed to an article (and if you give me time to dig I might find it) talking about the Names Renenutet and Shai, Who are both over things similar to a person's Fate.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline IbuPtah

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »
Em hotep,

For loners, you could also speak to Ptah, who was quite alone while he was dreaming each of us until he spoke our names into being.

As far as fate, I would say look to Renenutet, snake goddess of harvest. As well as weaving, she is also associated with mummy wrappings, so she could be seen as weaving the garment of our lives, our lifetime harvest, which will ultimately become our mummy wrappings.

Not that this is our fate, that is something we are in charge of, like a road we build with our own hands, every day.

Senebty,
~Ibu
Sa Ptah-Sokar
Mery Amun-Ra, Sekhmet-Hetheret, her Nebethet-Nit-Seshat
Fedw Diviner for PtahSokar

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:32:11 am »
Thanks very much for your input! I will look into what you have suggested! :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »
Not sure if asking about lovers or loners? Typo maybe?
Loners- definitely Set. I also think that Osiris could have interesting insight to that, as could Atum (UPG reasons, here).
As for fate- such a thing did exist in ancient Egypt. Look into Shai (http://henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/shai/) to learn more about that.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 07:40:59 am »
Thanks, Devo! The link is very helpful! :)
I will try Wesir and Ptah, and see what will come out. My experience with Set is not very pleasant, so I am a bit wary of asking for his help.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 11:53:10 am »
Aset is the ultimate independent woman and that can be lonely in its own way.

Ma'at says we can change our fate by making new choices.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 03:47:12 am »
I encountered with Hodur, a Norse god. I'll keep him out of KO, a it was asked in the Beginners course.
As far as my tiny experience with him goes, he is a great god. Perhaps something will turn out.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 12:26:46 am »
Many gods can teach you about endurance.  

Aset is a lady who has endured much hardship both in losing  and searching for Wesir and in raising a son alone.  She is a goddess of strength and also the disenfranchised.  She also slays Apep every night in tandem with Set.  

If He is the strongest of gods, then She is the strongest of goddesses...

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra her Mut

* Most Recent Topics

topic What's your favorite Holiday?
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
Yinepuemsaes
Today at 11:04:28 am
topic What does it mean to be Shemsu to YOU? Try no. 2
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
tewidarma
November 19, 2019, 02:35:29 pm