collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: New Names  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
New Names
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
I have had a new name appear to me and it's proving to be difficult to get to know anything about them.

Sia - the god of knowledge/perception.

From what I can find in the limited search here, he works in conjunction with Hu and Heka and he doesn't have his own worship center.  Can anyone tell me anything else? (or point me to some sources)

Thanks!

Iait
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
Re: New Names
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:53:53 am »
Very interesting. I wish I had some info for you. I'm curious to see if anyone else knows anything.
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:14:51 am »
Some links!

Sia on Henadology: https://henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/sia/

Sia on Reshafim: http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/religion/esye.htm

A PDF copy of The Routledge Dictonary of Gods and Goddesses (has an entry on Sia): http://obinfonet.ro/docs/relig/egipt/egyptgods.pdf
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 08:47:06 pm »
Thanks PhoenixJRising!  *Off to have a look*
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:47 pm »
At one point I was very interested in Sia, trying to find a link between Him and the Eye of Ra. But I never managed any personal connection whatsoever, and then Bast told me not to bother pursuing the issue, so I let it go. It'll be interesting to see where this takes you.

(I seem to recall reading somewhere that He was really more of a concept than an individualized deity, but if He's nudging you, then presumably there's someOne there. ^_^  )

Shefyt
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Setken

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 05:10:21 am »
Greeting again after some time!

I believe that Sia and Hu appear together often, and traveled with Ra in His ark.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 07:48:31 am »
I recently learned of the god, Igai, via Google search.  He was another god of the oases and linked with Ash, if not Set.

http://www.rosetta.bham.ac.uk/issue8/articles/hubschmann-igai/
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 11:09:24 am »
I recently learned of the god, Igai, via Google search.  He was another god of the oases and linked with Ash, if not Set.

http://www.rosetta.bham.ac.uk/issue8/articles/hubschmann-igai/

Quoting from the article linked above:
"Third Intermediate and Late Periods

A fragmentary sandstone stela of a priest of Seth named Khai, Stela JE 52478, was found by locals in the vicinity of Mut in 1928 and is now housed in the Cairo Museum.[37] The top two lines of text are missing, as is the upper part of the stela which would have shown a pictorial relief. At present it measures 56 cm high, 80 cm wide and has a depth of 20.5 cm. It is carved with eight lines of poorly-executed cursive hieroglyphs that are divided by irregular horizontal lines. The text, which identifies the owner, Khai, as 'true of voice…', indicates that it was a funerary offering stela. It most likely originated from a cemetery close to Mut el-Kharab and a palaeographic analysis enables it to be dated to Dynasty 23.[38]

Much of the text is missing and, as a result, it is impossible to gain a full understanding of the document. Perhaps the most intriguing aspect concerns the phrase '… an offering for the ka of the scribe, the priest of Seth, Khai, of the house of Igai […]. He says: “I am a servant of Seth…” '.[39] Although the context is ambiguous, it is evident that Khai was a priest of Seth and, significantly, he was also associated with an as yet undiscovered temple in this region that was dedicated to Igai.[40] It also demonstrates a close relationship between the cults of Seth and Igai in Dakhleh in the Third Intermediate Period. "

Fascinating!

Joan (aka Meresankh)
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3184
  • stats Total Posts: 296087
  • stats Total Topics: 20239
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122