collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Taweret  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
Taweret
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:18:11 pm »
Em hotep!

One of my tasks this Kemetic year is to spend some time learning about Taweret. There are no plans for children in my near future, so I am wondering what experiences others might have had with Her in her less fertility-related roles. I know She has many, and now that I have a little free time I look forward to reading more, but I am curious about the personal interactions others might have had. :)

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
Re: Taweret
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:46:56 pm »
Interesting that you posted this today. I've recently been conversing with Taweret in regards to getting her help with protecting me from self-sabotaging my plans for this year and giving birth to several ideas/desires. She came to me one evening very recently while I was taking a purification bath and contemplating on the best way to get through some issues that I've had for many years with self-sabotage and aborting unborn ideas or squashing desires. I look forward to seeing what others have experienced with Her.
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

Offline Tashepsut

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:27:55 pm »
I haven't had conversations with Taweret but she has been in a few of my meditations. Even though she hasn't talked yet I always feel extremely safe and at ease in her presence. I surprised myself one day, while watching television a hippo documentary was on and not even thinking about it I instantly replied with "Hey, Moms on."

I'm not sure why I feel so comfortable addressing her as such. I'm considerd an adult by society but the majority of the time I really don't feel like one. Feeling like a lost child has perhaps gravitated me towards Taweret since she is so well known for protecting children. I do worry about her fertilaty role but right now I feel like she is more in protector mode for me. She is like having another Mom looking out for me. Unfortuneatly, besides brief visions and impressions I don't have much experience to share. I was just very excited to see a post involving Taweret.
Tashepsutbast "The Nobility of Bast"
Bast, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Taweret, and Ra

Offline Heruakhetymose

• Rev Jeff - Ordained Clergy, Baku Director
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 09:47:53 pm »
Em hotep!

Ah, Taweret! It seems we have similar goals. :) I've found myself with some kind of connection or draw to Her, and I'm pretty sure it's not fertility related.

I know very little about Her other than Her being a very protective Goddess for women and children (of which I am neither ^.^;; ). I also know vaguely about Her astronomical connections with Her appearing in the zodiac. Though this also could have been Ipet/Opet. I'm still trying to distinguish between the two Goddesses. It's been a while since I've thought about the two of Them, but I *think* I recall Ipet seeming more... Queenly than Taweret, if that makes sense.

In terms of personal interaction, I've been very hesitant to interact with Her so far. Every time I approach Her, I feel Her presence very strongly in a way which I'm pretty unfamiliar with. I find Her to be pretty intimidating (Her imagery is a hippopotamus with a crocodile riding on Her back - how much more intimidating can you get? :O), but I have a strong feeling that this is something which will vary greatly between individuals and their interactions with Her.

I look forward to learning more about Her and reading other people's experiences with Her. I'll let you know if I come across anything particularly interesting. ^_^
𓅃𓈌𓏏𓏭𓄟
Rev. Heruakhetymose (Born of Heruakhety)
Son of Heruakhety, Beloved of Ra, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet
Contact Info
Kemetic Storytellers

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286214
  • stats Total Topics: 19408
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217