Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Leuans

Greetings
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:38:37 pm »
Em hotep,

I'll be using the handle Leuans here. About 2 years ago I followed the beginner's class succesfully, becoming Remetj. I initially came to the House of Netjer after I believe Bast guided me here. There were some unexpected aspects of the way She brought me here. A lot of things in life were hectic, chaotic and otherwise unconvential or new to me. The more I learned about Her and Hethert through studies and about Kemeticism, the more things changed.

After I became Remetj, I sort of became more distant from Kemeticism again, as there were other questions... or aspects of my spiritual path that I wanted answers. I still don't have those answers, but I'm believing I'm asking the wrong questions.

Recently life happened again and I felt so stressed out and more depressed than normal that around the first day of Christmas I wanted to take my own life. I felt... alone, abandoned, depressed... as if life could not possibly get better. I didn't hurt myself or anything, because somebody unexpected talked to me and made me feel more of an [censored] for contemplating doing that...

But a few days later I encountered many references to Hethert. It made me feel like She was reaching out to me. I don't know if She actually was.. or if I just wished She did. But whichever the case, it started to make me feel relieved and things have slowly gotten better since.

I sort of prayed to Her a few days ago where I asked for Her help to get my life back together and to find happiness. I also asked Her for guidance into helping me find ways to thank Her for that help. Which has lead me to find myself here again.

I'm hoping to find some people on here who I can talk to about all this as well as, when possible, study more on Kemeticism. Maybe eventually undergoing the Beginner's Class or the Rite of Parent Divination at some point.

For now I've rambled enough, I think...

Offline NeferuHethert

• Rev. Barbara, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:19:22 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back, Leuans!  I'm glad that you are feeling Hethert's love and encouragement.

Senebty,
Neferu
Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta and Mut-netjer Hethert 
𓉡

Offline Leuans

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »
Thank you, Neferu. I'm happy with this development as well. Outside of all the other benefits.. it made me realize I kind of missed this all. The feeling of a community with similar experiences, the information offered here.. :)

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:50:02 pm »
Em hotep and lots of warm cat hugs! =^.^=
Hethert is a Lady of Joy.
Dance and sing to music! (even if it's terrible) Do something nice to pamper yourself!
Is there an indoor garden nearby where you can go enjoy some pretty plants with Her? (being that it's winter and all)
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Tawa'ubast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 04:37:20 pm »
Welcome back! 
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Ra'awyserqet

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 05:58:24 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back!

Singing silly songs to Hethert can also be quite fun.
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 12:11:59 am »
Em Hotep, and welcome back.

I get the feeling that you will find a great deal of love and joy in the Lady of Gold.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Online Tanebet

• Rev. Astrid - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 02:48:32 am »
Em Hotep and welcomke back.
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 05:04:56 am »
Em hotep and welcome back.
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset

Offline Leuans

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »
Thank you all for the welcoming. :) As for the suggestions thus far, I'll have to see if there's a garden nearby. I know that there's a park nearby, though that lacks plants. It's more of a trees and grass kind of park. I'm not sure if that counts?

The silly songs and dancing can absolutely work. I've tried doing that on several occasions today in smaller dosages. Since I can't improvise song lyrics or have danced that much before in public. In private I'm more okay with it. So far I do enjoy that and I really hope that She enjoys it as well.

Is there any definitive way to be sure that She enjoys it? Or a way They typically let you know if it's accepted or received? I'm asking this mostly so that I'd know what to look for. Whether it's an emotional response or that you notice more of Their influence in life, or that it varries?

Offline Sezefisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:24 am »
Em Hotep and welcome back!

When it comes to knowing if the Names enjoy or accept anything you offer them, I don't know about the others but I usually just feel it. It's a thought that appears somewhere in the back of my head. Sometimes it's hard to be certain, especially at the beginning but with time you learn to recognize it :)

If you ever feel the need to talk about something, don't hesitate to message me, here or on Facebook. I've had some rough times in my life but I know that things always get better. And I know that sometimes it's very important to have someone to talk to or just someone who will listen.

Hugs!
Sezefi
Daughter of Djehuty and Bast
Beloved of Khonsu, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Heru-wer and Hethert-Sekhmet

My Facebook - add me if you want, it will help me to get to know you :)

Offline Mesutetamunra

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 07:27:49 am »
Em hotep and welcome back!
Mesutet
Sat Amun-Ra
Meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 10:42:27 am »
Thank you all for the welcoming. :) As for the suggestions thus far, I'll have to see if there's a garden nearby. I know that there's a park nearby, though that lacks plants. It's more of a trees and grass kind of park. I'm not sure if that counts?

Totally counts. We've had some discussions here lately about Hethert as the Lady of Trees. Specifically, in ancient texts She's called Lady of the Sycamore. There are often depictions of Her with a tree or as a cow coming out of a papyrus thicket. She's also associated with foreign lands, and Hemet has said it's perfectly acceptable to associate Her with more forested locations.
In my original post, I was just trying to think of ways that you could enjoy some natural beauty with Her (in addition to enjoying music and dance).
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Leuans

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »
I've never heard of Hethert as being associated with trees before.. I did feel more of a connection of Her with veganism at some point and trees always did feel special in a way, but I figured that was due to something else. That's very interesting to read.

Offline Shefytbast

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 02:57:12 pm »
Em hotep, Leuans! I'm glad that things have been getting better for you.

Like Sezefi, my experience has usually just been a feeling that the Gods are pleased with the offering. (Sometimes if it's food or drink, it'll taste especially good when you revert the offering.)

Senebty,

Shefyt
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3184
  • stats Total Posts: 296085
  • stats Total Topics: 20239
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955