collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting to know Montu  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Getting to know Montu
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:43:57 am »
Does anyone work with Montu or Montu-Ra? I'm interested in getting to know Him better and I would like to chat with anyone who is familiar with Him.

Also, silly question, but anyone have tips on approaching a relatively unfamiliar Name? Montu feels closer to me than I expected, but I'm having trouble initiating that connection from my side as I'm unsure how to approach such a powerful Name (I have a similar problem with approaching Set). Any suggestions? Ty :)
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Getting to know Montu
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:41:17 am »
Hello, Taryt!

Sorry to be so late in finding this post! My connection with Montu is relatively recent, but surprisingly intense! My relationship with Atum-Ra is similarly consuming, but came on more slowly.

I'm not sure I have many useful strategies for approaching him to offer. In my case, I read what was readily available about him, as well as reading about Middle Kingdom history and religion, since that was a period in which he rose to particular prominence. I tried to keep myself open to him, and spend time out in large, open spaces under the sky, particularly in the early evening. I called on him when I needed strength and was trying to find my own inner voice of authority. I tried to listen to him when I knew I needed to take a leader's strategic view. I haven't found him too reticent, as long as I make a point of being open to communication from him.

I'm not sure whether it will be of use to you, but here's a poem I wrote for him:

In desolate places,
the susurration of wind
over old stone;
the sound of his chariot's wheels
over the dry earth.
Above, the silver crescent,
his flashing blade.
His arrows pierce the firmament
in a thousand points of light.
He is the silence,
breath held,
before the tumult in the sky.

He ascends upward,
silver-winged,
crowned with authority.

Lauren
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:01:04 am by LM_April »
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:52:09 pm »
Hi,

a few months ago, I partcipated in a forum chat which looked at getting to know lesser well known deitys. I chose Montu. I can provide  a small glimpse into what he was like for me at the very least. In shrine I got the impression he listens, but for me I didnt get obvious communication .. so I intitally wondered if I had not got through. as such. A week or so later when continuing my conversations with him, I later dream of a massive full moon sitting right above my head. It was majestic and amazing, he also did some healing for me, for which I hadnt actually asked for, but turns out he helped anyway.

I have the feeling he is also very patient, and attentive.

Offline Emheryt

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:19:44 am »
Em Hotep Blissi,
Montu doesn't always talk and sometimes He is of very few words. Montu is always listening to us that are interested in him. Montu is also like the loving father who is patient with his children, but at the same time He can be stern. He is after all a God of war.

Montuemheryt
Sa Montu, mery Ra-Heru-Akhety      

Do your duty, come whatever may.

Offline Emheryt

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:29:19 am »
Em Hotep Tarytenyinepu,
You're question is not silly. As a matter of fact it is a good question. I had the same question when I had my RPD.

Start by saying, Hi. Introduce yourself to Him. Montu can seem intimidating at first, but it gets easier after you get to know Him for a while. He will be very patient with you at first to give you the time you need.

Let me know if can be of further assistance.

MontuEmheryt
Sa Montu, mery Ra-Heru-Akhety      

Do your duty, come whatever may.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 289148
  • stats Total Topics: 19620
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217