Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Sekhmet's Children  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
Sekhmet's Children
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:19:33 am »
Em Hotep

I have being having trouble with contacting Netjer as a whole. I had a vivid dream that Sekhmet told me she had tried to do things subtly but obviously I was missing her hints. She then offered a red gem. I think it was a garnet maybe a ruby. I am still unsure what she means by this. I thought i would ask those who know her best.

Senebty

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
Re: Sekhmet's Children
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:43:48 am »
Not a child of anyone and have no idea about the significance of rubies, but I do think the tougher names like to purposefully psych people out when they're in beginners and supposed to be keeping blank.  It's an opportunity to make an entrance they just can't pass up I guess, IDK.

Offline Meritsekhet

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:55:39 am »
I've been rather close a lioness whom I believe identified herself to me as Sekhmet-Mut in particular, and what you're saying certainly sounds like Her.  She likes for things to be done just so, and while I'm still certainly a neophyte, she may be indicating that you're offering something she doesn't like?  She has been pretty strict with me about observing proper protocols when I'm at my shrine, and I think She is the reason I came here rather than pursuing independent Kemeticism as planned. 

Now, of course, I need to prepare for the beginner class which means a clean slate, which is difficult since I've spoken with Her so often, but this is where I feel She wants me, so wherever this path leads, I will follow.  It's entirely possible She only appeared to me to give me a push in this direction, and after my RPD will be merely a background part of my journey.  I'd be a little sad were that the case, but I am nonetheless prepared to accept it.

Regarding the stone, may it have been red jasper?  She is fond of those, but garnet's also a good possibility.

Here are some resources, hopefully one will prove useful.

https://sobeq.wordpress.com/about-sekhmet-mut/

http://absurdism.org/kemet/cats/5.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:05:20 am by Meritsekhet »

Offline Ma'atnofret

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:43:49 am »
I have found that as long as you do your best at tasks with a sincere heart most names are very accepting. Sekhmet is a name that people have many different experiences with. For myself, I have never had a problem with her being too obvious or too subtle.
Red is definitely her color. I would look up the properties and energetic associations with the gemstone you think it is. Some that I think she particularly likes: ruby, carnelian, red calcite, fire opal. I tend to see garnets as related to Nebthet because of their slightly more burgundy tone and how dark they are.

As a side note, you don't have to be a child of a name to know them well.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Meritsekhet

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 02:21:11 pm »
I have found that as long as you do your best at tasks with a sincere heart most names are very accepting. Sekhmet is a name that people have many different experiences with. For myself, I have never had a problem with her being too obvious or too subtle.
Red is definitely her color. I would look up the properties and energetic associations with the gemstone you think it is. Some that I think she particularly likes: ruby, carnelian, red calcite, fire opal. I tend to see garnets as related to Nebthet because of their slightly more burgundy tone and how dark they are.

As a side note, you don't have to be a child of a name to know them well.

I may have misspoken.  I have never interpreted Her as anything other than loving and instructive; sometimes she's persistent with me because after I left Wicca I was very wishy-washy in my faith for a few years.  I believe She's a little more strict with me for that reason - but never unpleasantly so.   Sincerity, as you say, is always gladly received, in my experience.

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 07:00:01 pm »
Em Hotep, Neferkara.

It is almost impossible to interpret the subtleties of another person's Dream.  Some Dreams are blatantly obvious, some unfold over time, some become lines or chapters in a continuing story, and some remain a mystery.  I suspect that some Dreams are meant as communication for the ba, and the ka is just along for the ride.

Red/Blood certainly is associated with Sekhmet.  As to why She offered you the stone...

What do you think?  Did She intend for you to take the stone?  Or to gaze into the stone? Or was She saying she wanted an offering similar to the stone?  What was the feeling you got from Her?

I think just the fact that She showed up in a Dream tells you They are watching, and are with you.  The best you can do is what you do.  Try meditating on it.

Personally, I've found yoga to be a great way to connect with Her.  I say a little prayer to my Mother and all my Beloveds at the beginning of my yoga routine, but it is Sekhmet I feel closest to as my body moves.  Sobek is with me as I reach for peace and stillness, and Djehuty comes at the end, when my mind is open.  Bast watches.  But Sekhmet gives me power and stamina when I feel weak and wimpy.

I think Sekhmet enjoys it when we use our bodies, pushing our limits.  If yoga is not your thing, perhaps there is another exercise that occupies your body and frees your mind, like running or swimming ?

Blessings and best wishes,
Tahai
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 04:11:32 am »
Em Hotep

Thank you everyone. I am not 100% sure but I definitely get the feeling the silence is coming to an end. She seemed to be annoyed in the same sense when you call someone in the street and they didn't hear you. I felt bit surprised and guilty for not noticing Her in the other signs She has given me. If I name it a garnet then I would associate it with Sekhmet. She put it fairly forcefully into my hand, but I am not sure what it means by her offering me one. I may have to wait and see.

Thank you for your advice.

Senebty

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 11:13:44 am »
Em hotep,

As others have said, I wouldn't want to try to interpret your dream, as Sekhmet could be trying to tell you something only you're meant to get. I also haven't really had dreams from Sekhmet-Mut (my parent), so I have no experience in dream interpretation. My advice would be you ask her what she wants of you. Usually, your feelings will not steer you wrong on what the gods are saying to you, after all it is through the heart they often communicate.

I am not saying this for sure, but if she has gone silent, it may mean she has nothing else to say at the moment. I had a similar brief encounter with Set when I was a Beginner, and Set has never interacted with me again, to this day. Wait and see if she communicates with you again. Believe me, if the gods want you to know something, they have their ways of making sure you know.

I hope I was able to help.

Senebty

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3131
  • stats Total Posts: 294124
  • stats Total Topics: 20042
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything