collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Experience During Senut Meditation  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
Experience During Senut Meditation
« on: February 13, 2015, 03:15:30 pm »
Em Hotep,

I performed Senut and asked for anyone to come forward, who is interested in me and then settled myself into meditation. I usually don't get any visions, since I started performing Senut, but this time was different. I felt a bit overwhelmed as it all seemed to happen so fast, it felt like 2 minutes when in fact I was meditating for about 30 minutes.

First I found myself in a desert, when Amun came hopping or bouncing towards me as a stone statue, His plumes were shimmering gold in the sun. He leaned towards and then pointed towards a vast flat desert, overlooked by a glorious over sized sun.

As I began walking in that direction, I felt someone walking next to me. I turned and it was Sekhmet, She smiled and grabbed my hand tightly, She started to run, it was almost like I was forced to run as She dragged me further into the desert. Then suddenly We jumped into a ravine, and fell into a rushing river. Sekhmet changed into a fish and began swimming along side me. I just about kept my head above the water, when I was pushed on to the sandy shore, as if I was expelled from an ocean.

The sky started turning dark and the stars appeared, they began to move and wiggle in the sky, when Nut became noticeable, She stroked my hair and picked me up and swallowed me whole. I felt like I was flying through the gates of the Duat at great speed and came to a sudden stop at a large gate, inside there was a huge room with black and white marble floor, with a balcony supported by huge white columns with shadowy figures shifting above me.

As I walked further into the room. I saw a large golden scale before me. Anpu noticed me and gave me a gentle nod. I then Djehuty next to Him, writing on a scroll. He stopped writing and bent forward slightly, as if He was bowing to me. I then walked further up some small stairs and before a massive throne, where Wesir sat. I knelt before Him and he leaned forward and ruffled my hair.

I then appeared in a desert again, just before dawn. Ptah put His hand on my back and lead me towards the edge of a cliff, where He held my hand and pointed towards the horizon. Khepera as a scarab beetle, rolling the sun above the horizon appeared and light flooded my vision. I then opened my eyes.

----------------

I found it odd that Amun, Nut and Khepera came to me. I never really paid much attention to Them before. I also thought Bast may of appeared as I have had a lot of experiences with Her previously, but I get the feeling She has stepped to the side since I have come to the House.

Would anyone like to share their visions from meditations?

Senebty

Offline Tashepsut

• Shemsu
Re: Experience During Senut Meditation
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:45:42 am »
I have only had a few but each one was very emotionally moving for me. My meditations are very self-guided. I always start by leaving a dark abyss and diving into a hole that opens up to the Nile. As I swim through it I see aquatic life of all sort; some anciet, some modern, and some that seem to be spirits making their way through the water that is as magical as them.

The first time I did this I found Yinepu waiting at a far bank for me. He had a set of pure, clean white robes for me. I followed him to what I came to see as my own personal temple to worship the Netjer. Inside I saw Heru, Djehuty, Bast, and a few other vague faces that I knew were also Netjer but I did not recognize. Everyone was lounged around being very casual, Heru and Djehuty were even playing a board game. None of them talked to me, it was just like a casual stroll to let me know they were there even if there was to be no conversation between us here or when I was not meditating.

Another time I tried to find my temple the trip was not enjoyable in the least. The water was barren and when I tried to visit with Taweret, as I had been doing on multiple occasions, I was pulled aside my Yinepu saying not to continue this path. The hippo I saw this time was not Taweret and I was leading myself down a dark, false path. I followed him back to shore where his voice faded and I was left alone. I had felt so lost and like I had done something terribly wrong to scare the Netjer off. But to my surprise I didn't scare them off. Ra held me close from behind (and his hug by far had to be the best one I have ever had in my life.) He reassured me nothing was wrong, only that I was letting my doubt overpower me and control my spiritual outlook.

The last major meditation I had was when I ran into Set. It was a very short but moving meeting. There was a crocodile who I instantly knew was Set. I was not scared of him and I fondly rubbed his snout and kissed his head. It probably helps that I adore reptiles and once new a very friendly alligator named Tuesday. We did not talk (Yinepu and Ra are still the only ones who have) but he pushed me backwards through the Nile to the beginning. It was obvious that he was saying it was time for me to start over. To begin again in a lot of aspects in my life. I took this "permission" to restart very seriously and have had nothing but positive outcomes since.

Those are the three that have really stuck out to me so far.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:51:21 am by Kit »
Tashepsutbast "The Nobility of Bast"
Bast, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Taweret, and Ra

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:45:53 pm »
Thats beautiful Kit, love the one with Ra giving you a hug. I have had a similar experience before I started Senut or even knew about the House. My Grandma had just passed away she had a a series of strokes and began to lose her short term memory. It was the first time someone in my close family had died and it hit me hard. I cried myself to sleep and had a rather long dream with Ra holding me close and singing what sounded like lullabies.

Offline Meritsekhet

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:54:48 pm »
The last major meditation I had was when I ran into Set. It was a very short but moving meeting. There was a crocodile who I instantly knew was Set. I was not scared of him and I fondly rubbed his snout and kissed his head. It probably helps that I adore reptiles and once new a very friendly alligator named Tuesday. We did not talk (Yinepu and Ra are still the only ones who have) but he pushed me backwards through the Nile to the beginning. It was obvious that he was saying it was time for me to start over. To begin again in a lot of aspects in my life. I took this "permission" to restart very seriously and have had nothing but positive outcomes since.

Those are the three that have really stuck out to me so far.

This is very interesting, and validating to me.  My earliest meditations took me to a crocodile-shaped Netjer.  I initially took Him to be Sobek, and addressed Him as such, but he always responded with agitation.  One night a couple of weeks ago, I had a very vivid dream of a thunderstorm.  The flash was so intense and the thunder so loud I actually sat up in bed before I woke up to a silent, still morning.  As I looked to see the time, I noticed that it was 6am, the time I set my alarm for - and I'd forgotten to turn it on.  I knew then that it had been a message from Set, and I promptly found a small figurine of Him and placed it in a location of honor.  Since then He's been quiet.  Satisfied, I suppose.  I haven't encountered the crocodile-Netjer since, and I never actually made that connection until reading your post.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298653
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything