Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: strange request ?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
strange request ?
« on: February 17, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »
Em Hotep.

During my meditation. Anpu came forth and he showed me a bowl of white rice. I got the feeling he wants me to offer him some. I know it's somewhat common for Netjeru to be like their animal representatives. Do jackals/dogs eat rice? And have you had any strange or unexpected requests for offerings?

Senebty

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
Re: strange request ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:00:06 pm »
Hahaha, oh god, my great aunt would always make this homemade dogfood out of rice and ground beef for her shih-zhus!  The rice supposedly settled their stomachs and made the food easier to digest, or so she swore.  Maybe he's got heartburn? xD

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:50:58 am »
Personally I never saw any connection between the dietary preferences of a Netjer and the animal form they can take.
The idea of offering Hethert grass because she can take a cow form would cross my mind as little as offering dog food to Yinepu or mice to Bast because she can take a cat form.
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 05:00:49 am »
Em Hotep,

Fair enough, think this warrants more research thank you Brea. ;D

I know Netjeru, either taken or given the animal forms as it is close to their role or behaviour and not necessarily animal-minded  but from my experience with Bast, She has asked me for items from catnip to safety pins. I was just wondering if anyone got what they believed to be odd requests

Senebty

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:05:03 pm »
I remember Ra asking me for the golden (vanilla) Oreos. Thought it was a little odd, but they do sort of look like the sun to me! And they are quite tasty.
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline Dua Sekhmet

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 06:48:00 pm »
I use rice as a base iny dogs food when make 'special dinner' for my dogs and rats. I have not had any strange requests yet but I am fairly new to the religion. So far milk and water and cereal has been accepted by Sekhmet and Ptah.
And so the beginning has come to an end as it was found in writing.

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:03:55 pm »
This is actually fascinating to me because I had a similar request for white rice as an offering recently! It didn't come from any specific Name, though. But still, it's neat.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 10:51:02 pm »
On the subject of dog food, with all of the recalls, there is a lot to be said for alternative feeding plans - we feed ours raw food, it is actually better for them if you can stomach the process of it, which is why it isn't for everyone.  But, specifically related to the rice, actually, vets will recommend chicken and rice or beef and rice when a dog is sick, because it's easier to digest than dog food - which to me, is kind of a warning sign against dog food, but that's just me.

As to Anpu asking for rice..yeah, I'd say that's possible!  After all..who wouldn't want a big bowl of rice? :D  I've never had the experience of special requests, but perhaps that will happen later.  My mothers just seem to like it when I show up. ;)
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3261
  • stats Total Posts: 298689
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955