Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The power of the three forms of Ra  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
The power of the three forms of Ra
« on: February 21, 2015, 01:23:07 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! *henu*
First of, I want to say that I'm still alive and everything is ok. I'm having a little depression but I have a great friend who helps me to overcome it.

But I want to talk about something else.
I noticed that it's not very comfortable for me to be exposed to sun, especially during Khepri's and Ra's shift. I really prefer the shadows.
If I don't have a place with shadows to be in, then I just stay in the sun. But if I have the option, I quickly run into the shadows.

My skin isn't sensitive to sunlight... So I thought it's a bit strange.

What do you think?

Senebty.
Gleb
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Neferkara

• Remetj
Re: The power of the three forms of Ra
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 01:51:13 pm »
Em Hotep

I think it's pretty normal. I absolutely love sun, especially dry heat. It helps my psoriasis as well.  My partner hates the warmth and light of the sun, he says it feels like his back and eyes are burning even when it is coming through the window with closed curtains, but he thrives in winter. Everyone reacts to sunlight and heat differently. I have SAD and when winter comes round I slowly start feeling more and more miserable to the point I don't want to get out of bed. I have to use light boxes to help my mood swings until my body adjusts for the days lengthen again, but I know others can have SAD when summer is coming along, they are not designed for exposure to lots of light.

So, no I wouldn't call it strange. I live with someone similar to you ;D

Senebty

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:56:37 pm »
Em Hotep!

Do you live in a region with a hot climate, Gleb?  Yuma can get awfully hot, 122F (50C), so naturally I find myself fleeing to the shadows except for the rare times it's cold here.

Senebty,
Meresankh
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:27:13 am »
I guess you're both right. Even when it's cool, I try to stay in the shadows. In the evening, when the sun is gone, I feel great. :3

I am not sure about what a religion with hot climate is... I'll be glad to find out, though! ;)

Perhaps everyone reacts differently to various kinds of weather...

P.S.
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Rekeh-Wer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:30 pm »
I dont think its anything to be worried about, relationship-wise with the sun Netjeru. Im a child of Ra and even I have issues with the brightness and intensity of the sun.

But honestly, if its something thats a real problem, Id see a doctor. (If you can, anyways. I know how costs can be unaffordable.)
Great Burning
Khonsu | Set | Shai | Ma'ahes | Horus the Red
𓁳𓁣𓀭𓃬𓇼

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 03:13:57 pm »
Perhaps this has nothing to do with the weather?  I'd be interested in your preference in other areas of everyday life with regard to the shadows.  I mean, for other things, do you like to be in the middle of the action in general (sun) or do you prefer to hang back (shadow) and let others have the limelight?  It could be that the preference for the shadows outside is tied to a preference for the shadows in general?  For myself, I am exactly like you, I am not someone that likes being in the sun.  I enjoy looking out at it from a shaded place, but I don't "need" to be out in it, and I normally prefer not to be.  I also find that for me, this is a preference in everyday life as well..I would rather hang back in the shadows than to be out in the open.  I suppose it's my mothers' influence. ;)
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 02:43:13 am »
Well it's not something that is connected with my health. It just makes my eyes a bit uncomfortable. Even if I don't look up.
Anaputuwet, here in Israel the only thing that can cost money is equipment and meds. Operations and visits to a doc are free.

The only problem I have with sunlight is during that day, when Ra is in charge. On one hand I enjoy his warmth but also it sometimes sort of "burns" my face when the temperature is too high, like 38-40C. As for Khepri and Khnum - everything is just fine. I enjoy their energy and I don't feel any discomfort.

I have a theory about shadows and sunlight when it comes to issues and emotions. Sunlight encourages progress and doing things in order to solve the problem. As for the shadow - it only shares the pain of the person but doesn't help to solve anything. And I do tend to pity myself a lot and I try to spend more time in the sunlight in order to be more active when it comes to different issues.

Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 08:47:22 pm »
Well for me I have Khepra as a beloved, however with having migraines and light eyes I'm very sensitive to sunlight.  I use sunglasses even when cloudy at times which helps a great deal.  I also tend to hide indoors when the sun is a it's zenith.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 02:56:04 am »
Temseniaset, I guess that's how our bodies react to sunlight. However I'm glad it doesn't prevent us from having sun deities as our beloveds/parents. :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:18:11 am »
I don't think we have much of a choice ;) ,
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra