collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Is Ra leading me away from Kemetic Orthodox, but not away from him?  (Read 4715 times)

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
Everything in relation to my experience as a Kemetist has revolved around Ra. He was the one who appeared to me in a vision and made me convert, and He's always been the one answering me when I try to talk to the Netjer.

At first everything seemed fairly standard. I performed offerings for Him, I spoke to Him whenever I needed to, and I was really starting to settle in to the Kemetic Orthodox community.
Then things started getting a little bit confusing. It started when Ra outright told me that He was my parent, and that I didn't need to get the RPD. He also sent me a very strange and confusing vision. He then started leading me in very subtle ways back to the philosophies and beliefs of the nature worship spirituality I'd followed before converting, without removing Himself from my life or my beliefs. He even helped me develop those beliefs and philosophies even further.

It feels a lot like He's telling me to find my own path. I don't know exactly what KO's attitude towards other branches of the religion are, but Ra seems to be encouraging me to follow Him in my own way rather than following the teachings of this one.
From what I've experienced of Him and read about other people's experiences of Him, Ra is a very confusing entity whose plans and methods are completely incomprehensible to even the sharpest minds. So while I have utmost faith that wherever He's leading me is the right way for me, I'm not sure exactly what He wants me to do.
Once when I tried asking Him what I should be doing, He told me (I can't remember the exact words, but it was along these lines) that He was the only god I needed to be following. He didn't seem to mean this in a "you shouldn't be worshipping anyone else" way, it felt more like "I'll give you everything you need so worshipping anyone else is unnecessary.", although He wasn't very direct about it.

I've tried figuring it out on my own, but I still feel lost, and Ra's methods and the direction He's leading me in aren't becoming any less obscure. I was wondering if I could get some opinions from more experienced members on this issue.
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Is Ra leading me away from Kemetic Orthodox, but not away from him?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:52:01 am »
I have a few thoughts on this!

First of all, I think it's important to realize that sometimes Netjeru are possessive and imperfect just like people--the fact that Ra wants you to follow only Him doesn't mean you HAVE to do so if you don't want to. It's entirely possible, and even healthy, for you to say, "Look, I think we're going to need to compromise here."

That said, if you feel he is leading you away from KO, then maybe you should see where that leads. That doesn't mean you can't still stay on as a member of the community; many people have taken a step back for a while for reasons pertaining to their personal relationships with their god(s), and then come back at a later time. Whether he's leading you away permanently or temporarily, the doors here are always open.

Either way I hope you find the path that is best for you!
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:05:16 am »
Thank you :) Although I want to clarify, it doesn't feel like He's being possessive. It feels much more "You don't need other gods because I'll give you everything you need" than "I want you all to myself so don't worship anyone else."

Either way it doesn't matter too much, I'm perfectly happy to devote myself to Ra and to Ra alone.
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Offline Tasedjeb

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 07:51:18 am »
It's interesting how it contrasts to my experience.  My Gods never tell me what to do.  I often want them to.  They don't.  They won't.  Everytime I ask them ... In saq, in divination ... They say without fail. "Figure out what you want to do and do it".  Across the board.  In terms of worshipping them, career, love, whatever.  Support, yes.  Advice?  Sometimes.  Direction?  Never. 

So this is kinda weird to me.  Which doesn't make it invalid for you.  Maybe a session with someone who divines for Ra would be helpful

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 07:59:37 am »
Em hotep

Generally speaking, if you want to stay on with the community, but not be a convert of the faith you can choose to be listed as a Remetj. There is the "Member Expectations" posted in 2013, so you can read them and decide if Remetj is what is acceptable/best for you.

Honestly? You are welcome to participate in the community as much as you prefer to be or as little as you prefer to be. If you (and Ra of course!) want you to go your own path more power to you. Not everyone here is a convert, nor does everyone stay a convert all the time (that is half of the reason we have the tag "Divined Remetj"). Fairly speaking, I've seen people come and go, change in "status", and I've seen those folks well wished as they go and welcomed back as they come. Our community isn't vindictive or hateful towards such personal choices. So even if you chose not to become a Remetj, that's okay too. :)

I hope that helped you some.
Senebty,
Ra'awy

Edit: Apologies, I didn't realize this was the public side. I'm still having problems with the current set up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:14:42 am by Ra'awyserqet »
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Ma'atnofret

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:02:44 am »
You can choose to do as you see fit. There are no hard or fast rules in Remetj-hood. You can choose to take RPD and choose not to commit yourself to those gods, staying a Remetj. Its ok. Whatever you think is good for you works.

Even as a Shemsu-ankh, I still practice another path and do a lot of interfaith work with my local pagan community. This is your path so you can decide where to go.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:01 am »
I'm not sure if this helps, but I'd like to mention briefly how dad and I connect. 

Not all people know their parent right away, but I would have put all my money on that it would be Ra. Even after him revealing himself to Hemet (AUS) during my RPD, she made the joke, "I have a feeling you're not surprised."

I am a very nature based worshipper and the physical Sun is a shrine, so to speak. Sure, dad likes the traditional shrine work, but nothing makes him happier than spending time outside meditating in his golden rays. To me, he prefers the one-on-one worship over the formal.

He has always been supportive of me branching out to other magical practices as long as I remember where "home" is. My husband is Hellenic, so we often feast with both pantheons.

I had a similar experience with what appeared to be a dominate personality right after my RPD, but no longer feel that intensity. For me, it was his way of making me focus on him and allowing me to understand more about his day-to-day role. Once I was comfortable with how to honor him, he backed off significantly and allowed by beloveds to take over.
(Beloveds: Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, & Sokar-Wesir)

The RPD is a HUGE decision and you should be 100% prepared for it, should you decide to. Not a single person here will care for you less if you decide to continue as a Remetj, especially not dad!

If you ever need to talk, I'm always a message away!

I Ra!
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 12:19:46 pm »
Em hotep Abigail,
I would keep in mind this perhaps isn't a Yes x No situation. What Ra may be doing is saying, 'right now, you need to do something else first', not an absolute/hard no to Kemetic Orthodoxy.

Or He may be opening different door for you, to explore more communities, kemetic or not, check out cool options before deciding The House is the one you want, need, and should be in. I'd try to clarify with Him as how things are meant first, before concluding or acting on those conclusions. It may be that the essence is blurred by translation Divine/human, or your momentary circumstances. That's ok, it happens.

On a personal note, I relate. Gods that are Parents to me in this or that way had to step back at times and leave care to someone else, or the Akhu, because while things were all clear to Them, it didn't mesh with human realm, let alone my needs. (I respond well to directives, but they have to be phrased in a certain way. If it sounds like infringing on my freedom or counter intuitive, I'm likely to boycott the thing, even if it's good for me. So it took people closer to human realm, and closer to me in time and space, to find me that path that'd be understandable for me.)
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Rekeh-Wer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:34:30 pm »
Well, honestly I think what He might be trying to say is that the... expectations (suggestions? rules? im not so good at wording) and god-relationship types arent necessarily what you need right now. Like He's telling you to figure out whats best for you before you go through with following a specific path.

Like the others said, it doesnt mean you wont come back to KO. Its just that you need to do some other things first.

And on Ra's words about providing, Id listen. He's got a kingly status so its a little debatable on how He'd take you possibly following another god (even in addition). I personally havent had to deal with that, despite being a child of Ra myself. We kinda established I'm a self-governing force. But I doubt He'll take offense.

Anyway, I dont think its anything to worry about. Even if you dont follow Kemetic Orthodoxy, you wont be excluded from the community. Besides, youre in good hands with Ra. : )
Great Burning
Khonsu | Set | Shai | Ma'ahes | Horus the Red
𓁳𓁣𓀭𓃬𓇼

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »
Everything in relation to my experience as a Kemetist has revolved around Ra. He was the one who appeared to me in a vision and made me convert, and He's always been the one answering me when I try to talk to the Netjer.

Ra may want you to focus your worship on Him alone for awhile.  Please feel welcome to stay in the community.  We have sorts of people here, at various levels of membership. 

Any of the Netjeru can be honored in nature.  Ra especially since He is the sun.  I tell Him hi sometimes when I go outside. 

Nature and animals are the (bau) or manifestations of the Gods Themselves.  It is perfectly fine to honor the Gods within the natural forces.  Set is the thunderstorm, Ra is the sun and it's Rays, Sun Goddesses are the sunbeams, Tefnut is the moisture of the clouds, Geb is the ground, Shu is the air and many Gods are the rivers.  Aset is the rain, river and solar rays. 

The Gods are not just in Their shrines.  They are everywhere.  They permeate all existence.  This is  Their creation and They live and breathe as we do. 

Breathe and you are worshiping God.  Ra's first breath is the air that we breathe, Ra's first light is in every sunrise and Ra's first emergence is from the first waters.  Ra's first tear is humankind. 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut her Bast-Mut

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 02:46:54 am »
Nature and animals are the (bau) or manifestations of the Gods Themselves.  It is perfectly fine to honor the Gods within the natural forces.  Set is the thunderstorm, Ra is the sun and it's Rays, Sun Goddesses are the sunbeams, Tefnut is the moisture of the clouds, Geb is the ground, Shu is the air and many Gods are the rivers.  Aset is the rain, river and solar rays. 

The Gods are not just in Their shrines.  They are everywhere.  They permeate all existence.  This is  Their creation and They live and breathe as we do. 

Breathe and you are worshiping God.  Ra's first breath is the air that we breathe, Ra's first light is in every sunrise and Ra's first emergence is from the first waters.  Ra's first tear is humankind. 

I have to say, I found that genuinely moving. I'd never really thought of it like that before. I mean, I'd debated and used ideas along those lines, but you just put it so well into words that I really can't express it. I think you've helped me realise a lot about my faith and about myself by saying that. Thank you very much!
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 06:33:11 pm »

I have to say, I found that genuinely moving. I'd never really thought of it like that before. I mean, I'd debated and used ideas along those lines, but you just put it so well into words that I really can't express it. I think you've helped me realise a lot about my faith and about myself by saying that. Thank you very much!

I am so glad that helped you!  To be honest, I needed the reminder myself.  :-) 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut her Bast-Mut

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 11:22:07 pm »
As a child of Ra, I too have felt similarly. I feel that, more often than not, Ra can be very possessive, and most of my worship revolves around Him. That being said, He has never tried to lead me away from KO in particular. But I do feel that He wants me to focus on Him.

As far as I know, you can follow more than one path and still consider yourself KO. I'm not sure if you can take the shemsu vows, but you can still be remetj. But that's just what I remember.

But Abigail, I totally get what you're saying. It's something I've struggled with before and had trouble understanding. But I think that's just how Ra is (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing whatsoever).
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3185
  • stats Total Posts: 296144
  • stats Total Topics: 20242
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955