collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Psychic Vampire Equivalent?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Biwimuti

• Shemsu
Psychic Vampire Equivalent?
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:08:31 pm »
So, I was talking to my friend about cutting poisonous people from our lives, and they mentioned a LeVeyan Satanist concept; psychic vampires. My friend, Freyja, defined them as "a person who plays off of a person's emotions to use them for their own needs, rather than being a good friend who provides emotional support". They asked me if there's a Kemetic equivalent, and I was wondering if anyone knew.

Thank you!  :)
Biwi
“My two mothers set a good example (for me).”

Child of Sekhmet-Hethert and Serqet-Aset.
Beloved of Khonsu, Set, and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Psychic Vampire Equivalent?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 07:46:53 am »
Kemetic Orthodoxy tends not to define metaphysical relationships outside of the ones we have with the Netjeru. Anything that can be called an official Kemetic Orthodox belief is generally centered around worship of Netjer and connecting with Netjer.

So there is no defined concept of psychic vampirism. This is partly because there is no recorded evidence for it in antiquity. BUT - there is also nothing that says there is no such concept as psychic vampirism.

Personally I think that there is plenty of room within the Kemetic paradigm for a method by which someone could act as an energetic vampire. We have an understanding of the soul that encompasses multiple pieces; probably one piece can latch on to another piece or draw on another piece in someone else.

That is my own $0.02 however - there isn't anything officially written in Kemetic Orthodoxy that says one way or another.

I hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sobeqsenu [Sema'a Ankh Hena Semawy]
child of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304406
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126