collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 89
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Feeling Lost due to recent events...  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
Feeling Lost due to recent events...
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:40 am »
Hotep, everyone. I hope you don't mind me posting this here, I feel as if I have nowhere else to turn...

Firstly let me preface by saying I have major depressive disorder. When I get slumps, they're BAD. I had already been on the path to one, then last week my boyfriend (let's call him D) lost his home which I posted about in the Prayers section (his dog passed). Days later, we found out a family member of his (K) has been taking out fraudulent credit cards in D's name and has charged hundreds on them. We're struggling with going through the affidavit process and trying to figure out just what was going on, as well as trying to prove that D shouldn't have to pay.

That whole situation is extremely stressful and it's so hard to see someone you care about hurt... :( Then, this afternoon a family member passed away. I wasn't very close to her and haven't seen her in a while, but that just makes it all worse... I feel like I won't have closure that way since I was never able to say goodbye or show her where I am in my life now. I will try to seek solace and closure with her through the Netjer and prayer. A family friend also passed away today, he drowned which is awful to me and I can't think of a worse way to pass.

I'm sorry if this is long and rambling, I just feel very lost and depressed right now and don't know where to turn. Just looking for someplace to rant and maybe find an ear to listen. I've been praying and trying to connect to the Netjer as often as possible, especially to Yinepu after the two deaths today. May they find rest in the Duat.

Thanks for listening and Senebty.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:21:58 am by Child of Jackal »
Gezemyinepu (Gez)-  "Anointed by Yinepu"

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Feeling Lost due to recent events...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:51:06 am »
Oh my god, that is a terrible jumble of things to have happening all at once. I am so, so sorry for your losses and for all of the stress you are under! I am sure it's doubly hard for you when you're dealing with depression on top of that. Internet hugs if you want them.

Please take care of yourself--I know depression has a habit of making us feel like we're not doing enough or coping the "right" way, but our brains are lying jerks, and that's not true. You're dealing with a lot and it's okay if you need a lot of rest and time for yourself. Anyone would in your situation.

(And you may have done this already, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't mention it: you might want to see if you can find a therapist/counselor to talk to while all this is going on. This is a lot to deal with on your own.)

Please feel free to post here any time you need to talk! I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't mind listening.

Many prayers for you, your boyfriend, and your loved ones who have passed on.

If you'd feel comfortable sharing first names (or even just abbreviations) for the ones who have recently passed, I would be happy to pray for them also; I know having members of the community pray like that can be comforting for some people. If not, though, that's okay too!

Senebty.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 03:15:20 am »
Em hotep,

I am so sorry to hear of your losses and the losses of your SO. These are a lot of things that life is throwing at you, but you and your SO have the inner strength to persevere. I will pray for you two.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:26:08 am »
Hugs. Hugs and prayers. There's not much I can say that is worth anything in light of the problems you're facing, and certainly nothing I can say that will materially change your situation. I just hope and appeal to the highest Heaven that things get better for you both, fast, that justice be on your side and work swiftly in your favor, and that you can be and feel well soon, truly.
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Tjesi

• Rev Tjesi - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:57 am »
As Ha'aut said, there are many here who wouldn't mind listening.

I too have chronic depression, so I have some sense of what you're saying.

Prayers for you and those you love. Hugs if you want them.

Ibi

=======
Awibemhethert
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:08:12 pm »
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words. It means a lot to me that you took the time out of your lives to post them.

To answer Ha'aut: I've been in therapy for years for unrelated reasons, and I can't say it's ever helped me... I've tried three different therapists and it always ended up with me coming out worse for wear then when I went in. Maybe I just had bad experiences. :( But; right now, I'm not chomping the bit to get into another therapist. I'll consider the option and leave it open, but I guess once bitten, twice shy applies. I'm a little apprehensive and nervous to be in a clinical setting again.

Thank you very much for your words though, especially on the depression. So true that you're always feeling like you're not handling the situation 'right' no matter what you do, cause the brain is dumb. I'm doing my best to handle it the best way I feel like I can, just by living each day and praying to the Netjer and trying to keep my head above water. It's very hard, but I'm trying.

My SO is with his mother right now and she is accepting of me staying the night over with them multiple times a week, and just being able to see him and be in a sort of "family" situation (I grew up without parents) is very nice. It's nice to be taken care of when I'm there and treated like I'm her daughter as well. Her presence really helps and I'm happy my SO is alright.

Sometimes it's hard to feel like it'll pass at all, but I know it isn't forever.

My hugs and thanks to all of you.

And, for Ha'aut and anyone else who might have wanted to pray for those who passed, the first names are Bettie and Frank. Also, please give your thoughts to Bettie's husband, Bob, a disabled war veteran who now doesn't have her in his life anymore.

Senebty and thank you.

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 12:37:23 am »
Em hotep, and >bigkittyhugs< to you.  I can't imagine dealing with all that at once.  It's great that your SO's mother is so understanding.  I hope it all clears up for the better, and soon.
Sat Bast her Djehuty meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 02:09:43 am »
I'm so sorry you've had such terrible experiences with therapy. I got extraordinarily lucky with my therapist, and I wish you similar luck in future if you decide to try again.

Continued praying for better times for you.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 02:56:49 am »
I too have major depression disorder, and I understand how hard that can be. I've been in a slump myself. But I pray that  you can get out of it. I hope that your situation gets better, I really do.
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline Paysabast

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 09:53:59 pm »
I hope things a going better for you, That's a lot to have to go through. I too have MDD, and it really sucks.  I  pray Bast brings much healing your way. I feel a lil better now knowing that there are others in the HoN that have MDD, I hate it that we have it but at least we are not alone. I hope one day they come up with a cure for MDD.
Senebty :)

Paysabast , Son of Bast and beloved of Renenutet and Set

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 12:45:05 pm »
Hotep, Paysabast. Thanks for your kind words. I agree with you, it's always nice to know you're not alone in the feelings you experience. It just validates you and lets you know that you're not the crazy one... Maybe they will help cure MDD one day, I can only hope.

Small update on my situation since the last time I posted in the thread: My partner is doing much better now and he lives with his mother in a nice little home that they enjoy letting me visit. We're saving up to move into our own place very soon. I'm still a little upset from the losses I've experienced, but with time things get better. I just can't ever fully forget and tend to dwell on it and get sad again.

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Idi-Noof

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »
You aren't alone Jackal,paysabast. I'm a MDD person too. Hugs and prayers to all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3089
  • stats Total Posts: 293310
  • stats Total Topics: 19971
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955