collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 85
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Parent-Child relationships?  (Read 3516 times)

Smoonlight

Parent-Child relationships?
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:40:38 am »
Hey guys. :) Question. Does anyone here have any parent-child-like relationships with certain Netjeru?

I'm asking because of a long story.....Recently I fell out with my dad, and went to live with my mom. There we got evicted because our landlord didn't know I couldn't keep my dogs at her place, and we had 3 weeks to move out(we're moving out this Thursday.) I was heartbroken because I was scared that I would have to let my dogs go to a shelter if we didn't find anything and each time I felt like Anpu was there trying to comfort me. Ever since I got my recent dog(9 months ago) He has shown an interest in him and it seems to me that He likes him a lot. The past few weeks while we were trying to find a place we can afford it felt like Anpu was by my side hoping, the hope from Him felt super strong, that we can find a place and keep our pets. Since then, He had been appearing acting towards me like the dad I needed to have, seeming to give me some sort of advice, and comfort. He is also very fond of my dog, and each time I'm out walking the dogs I can feel His presence more than ever, as if He was there, walking the dogs with me, or if I'm watching the sunset, His presence is strong as well. I don't really know what to make of this, if he is trying to act fatherly towards me to give me comfort or if he has decided to appear and just be very friendly, or if he just likes my dog. Anyone got any opinions/ideas on this?

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
Re: Parent-Child relationships?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 06:46:09 pm »
Yes, most of us here at the House do have parent-child relationships.  For myself, I have two Mothers, Bast and Amunet.  I can't really interpret your experiences with Anpu, because you're the only one that can do that.  I will say for myself, though, that with Bast in particular, I knew over a year before my RPD that she was my Mother, partially through interactions with Her, and also because She dragged me through a long series of visions in which She ultimately told me so.  My recommendation, if you haven't already done so, is to take the beginner's class.  Otherwise, I would say talk to Anpu, give Him offerings, and above all, listen to your intuition.  Sometimes They are there permanently, and other times They are only there for a time, to teach us something specific.  Don't force it, but really listen to what He is telling you.  If He is meant to be in your life, He will be there always.
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 12:02:47 am »
Yes, I know I certainly do. Ever since finding out that Ra is my Father through my RPD, we have developed a parent-child relationship, for sure! In fact, before my RPD, Ra told me in a vision (more or less) that I was His child. Once the RPD confirmed it for me, I've been working on that relationship ever since. I definitely see Ra as my Father, and I as His daughter. There's just something about Him...I know that He will always be there for me.

As S'ashasenu said, I would definitely listen to what Yinepu has to say to you, and make offerings to Him as well. If you want to build a relationship with Him, go right ahead! "If He is meant to be in your life, He will be there always." I couldn't have put it any better, S'ashasenu!
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 11:50:13 am »
Thanks, Sema'ira!  I was inspired! ;)
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 05:00:38 am »
I think it's totally ok. :)
I feel like that with Lord Djehuty and Lady Bast. Of course they're also my mentors, saviors even. They're very much to me. They're always there when I need help.

I'm glad you have such a relationship with Him! Things didn't turn out between him and me, since I'm more of a cat person. But he's great! :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:34 am »
Hello!
I have a kind of parent/child like relationship with Anubis. He's always there when things get rough, he is calm and patient, gives advice, sometimes he uses tough love when I'm being a brat. He's affectionate to my dog too! He likes for me to share his food offerings with her if it is something that she can eat.
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:04 am »
Em hotep.

It could mean nothing or it could mean everything. I would take it with a grain of salt. When I was a Beginner still, I was making sure to not keep a focus on Sobek-Ra (though I did pre-KO). He visited me a few times, calling me "his child" and "little egg" but I assumed he was simply bonding with any close devotee like that. I know a lot of deities tend to throw terms as such somewhat easily.

After I became Shemsu, I found out that Sobek-Ra was indeed my Father and I am very happy and proud. He is more than a 'father' to me. He is everything.

And even though she's only a Beloved, I view Wadjet rather affectionately now and easily see her as a "step-mother" kind of role, though my focus is and always will be Sobek-Ra first and foremost.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3089
  • stats Total Posts: 293310
  • stats Total Topics: 19971
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955