collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Accidental Bad offering?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Idi-Noof

• Shemsu
Accidental Bad offering?
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:48:13 am »
The other day I had gone for a short walk/wheel around and on my way found what looked like the prettiest little flowers. They were purple and 5 pointed star shaped with yellow stamin things. It smelled nice enough so I took a small bunch.
I got home and placed them on my alter and prayed.
Some days later I finally find out what those pretty flowers were.
They were bittersweet nightshade.
As in nightshade the incredibly poisonous plant.
Now I have removed the flowers and disposed of them for safety (I have pets) but I'm worried that I could have offended Netjer with that offering.
Is that possible?
Or is it OK because I had no idea and it came from a place of love on my part?

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Accidental Bad offering?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:28:43 am »
I think that offering was fine for some Names. Nebthet for instance comes to mind. I bet she enjoyed them. Really as long as you are not eating the nightshade I can't think of anything that would be a problem. Then again I could be wrong and there could be some purity concerns. But I am also prone to offering flowers and pretty things.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:42:27 pm »
Em hotep Noof

Serqet would also be willing for offerings of this sort, as bittersweet nightshade has been used for medicinal purposes as well. There's also another handful of the Netjeru whom might like this sort of offering as it has those healing purposes; it's also an exercise in appropriateness so Netjeru like Sekhmet or the Bawy might enjoy them as well. I consider it an exercise in appropriateness as in the right portions for the individual person it is safe to use medicinally, but in the wrong portions it is incredibly unsafe. Just like the Netjeru and us, there's both beneficial and harmful possibilities when handling it; I feel part of life is learning which is most necessary at the proper time.

Also, no one (pets or people) got hurt from it, so there's no worries about ma'at being disturbed.

I do have a few relevant questions for you: Do you feel Netjer has been offended?  Did you feel Netjer was offended at the time? Do you feel Netjer is offended now?
If your answer is no, then nekhtet!

Senebty,
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Paysabast

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:53:22 pm »
I also love offering wildflowers to the Netjeru. And I see nothing wrong with offering Bittersweet Nightshade.  I offered some to Yinepu a little bit of them a lil while ago.  Wadjet and Renenutet come to mind for flowers.
Senebty :)

Paysabast , Son of Bast and beloved of Renenutet and Set

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal