Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Pre-RPD Weirdness  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Pre-RPD Weirdness
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:22:55 pm »
So, I just got an e-mail asking me to pick a date for my RPD. I'm excited, but I feel like nothing I've said or done since I read that e-mail has made any sense. Poor Hemet. I sent her like 3 e-mails. First, I picked the dates but forgot to specify the method. Then, I remembered one of the dates I sent didn't work, because I have a staff meeting at that time, silly me. Then, I thought that because these dates are quite soon, maybe I should have tagged my response as "urgent." Even though it didn't say whether to tag it or not. So I sent it AGAIN and tagged it as urgent. Poor Hemet. ;__;

Sigh.

When ya'll did your RPD, were you this much of a mess? XD I feel like I should crawl in a hole. And hide. Forever. ;____;

EDIT: AND! I put this in the prayer request forum! Why? I don't know! This is what I'm talking about, people! Make it stop! ;__;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Pre-RPD Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:43:56 pm »
I waited a long time from sending the questionnaire to the actual RPD, Hemet was extremely busy with school and life in general.  So there wasn't any nervousness just being patient.  And now breath deeply and try to relax.  Hugs

Senebty
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Self-Care Aset Advocate, Self-Care Yinepu Keeper

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:49:09 pm »
heh. Everyone goes through some nerves. No worries ^^
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:45:39 pm »
Em hotep!

A bit of jitters is fairly normal. I took a shower, got dressed in a dress (not normal Ra'awy attire), and sat freaking out for a few minutes as Hemet's (aus) cats delayed her with their displays of affection. xD Because I was like "I checked the time and date, ohmygosh was I wrong? Ohmygosh, did I miss it? *panics*" Looking back it was hilarious, especially since only a minute or two elapsed.

Senebty and much love and many well wishes on your RPD <3
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:48:40 pm »
When I had mine I actually didn't have TIME to freak out - I chose the first available date and time, which happened to be, like, two days after being told to pick a date and time!  This actually helped me, I don't do well with waiting and wondering, it tends to make me more nervous. ;)

I agree with the others - relax, try some distraction techniques, and know it will be here before you know it!
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 01:12:46 am »
Hello, rainbowrosepetals!

I think we're in the same RPD batch (Yay!); I'm having mine tomorrow afternoon. I was pretty excited-flustered, too. I avoided any email trouble by taking a few minutes to breathe and listen to some calming music before composing my email. Also, like S'asha, I basically grabbed the first open day (though, admittedly not the first open time slot). I'm trying not to over-think things and get too flustered, but it's tough. I'm really excited!

Wishing you a wonderful RPD,

Lauren
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Ematsen

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 08:31:19 pm »
I was also a nervous mess, and it kept getting delayed because of various reasons... and then two days before....my laptop broke! and the the next day...my BACKUP laptop broke down! It was a mess!
(Apparently Set likes to greet His children by shaking things up a bit, haha!)
Senuwiematsen - My Two, In Their Moment.

Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Set.
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet, Heru-Wer, her Nut.

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 09:16:12 am »
I was super nervous. I actually sent Hemet two emails I think... I didn't receive a reply almost two months later and I began to wonder if my email hadn't actually sent! The day of my RPD I didn't eat because I was so nervous, and the hour before my RPD we had a storm and the electricity went out! Luckily it came back on 10 minutes before it was due to start ;)
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset
Reiki I student & professionally accredited crystal healer

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2934
  • stats Total Posts: 286155
  • stats Total Topics: 19403
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything