Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet?  (Read 5487 times)

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet?
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:42:52 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! I'm sorry if this question is weird or like tedious to list/talk about?

I was recently divined a daughter of Sobek and Taweret, Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet. Unfortunately, I'm a little shamed to say I don't know much about Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, or even Yinepu-Wepwawet other than what little information there is on Kemet.org and maybe wikipedia? (Yikes).

Would anyone willing who works with Hethert, Set, or Yinepu be willing to add to this and tell me a little about their personalities? Things like what they like as offerings? What are they like? Your experiences with them, etc (Bonus points if its Hethert-Sekhmet or Yinepu-Wepwawet because I'm afraid I know little about the synchronizations). Sobek kids would be very helpful too, I don't know as much about him as I'd like.

It’s shocking how little I know about the Beloveds revealed to me. I hardly know anything. I’m sorry.
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Remenit

• Rev Emma, Ordained Clergy, Webmaster
  • Administrator
Re: Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 02:50:52 pm »
Em Hotep,

It's OK to not know much when starting out. I honestly knew next to nothing about Nit when I was divined her daughter. There's no need to apologise for that!

Despite Yinepu being in my lineup too, I actually don't work much with him, so I'll let others chime in there.

One website I've heard good things about is Henadology, so may there is a good start before others start chiming in. :-)

Senebty,
Remenit Nesyutenmutes
-
Child of Sekhmet and Nit
Beloved of Bast, Yinepu and Aset

Offline Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 02:54:07 pm »
I hope that I can help you out a little! Yinepu-Wepwawet is my dad! For me, He has more of a very strong but calm presence with subtlety and an air of mystery. He (to me) is more of the "Opener of the Way and Keeper of Secrets" as in there is not anywhere He can't go and there is not any secret He can't unlock. He also (for me) has a very wicked sense of humor and is very clever, cunning. He tends to enjoy bourbon and lately port along with stones, nuts, flowers and herbs (fresh or dried). He also likes honey mead pretty good. He doesn't seem to jump right out at you but he is there, ever present in the shadows.

He says to be calm and not stress, you have many Netjer in your line and there is nothing but time to get to know Them all! I will also add that I believe Netjer come to us in the way that we most need, so what you experience and what anyone else will experience will be different. Although there may be similarities, don't feel like you are missing something just because you don't get the same interaction as someone else.
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »
Hi Jesse.  I am PMing you.  Please check your mail. :)
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »
I've got a whole website about jackal deities, including Anup. Might be of some help in getting to know him better. :) http://www.per-sabu.org
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 11:30:27 pm »
Em Hotep, Jesse L,

I've got a website of gathers of the ancient imagery of the god Set:
http://www.joanlansberry.com/setfind/setfind.html

One of Set's ancient epithets is "Great of Strength", and so I turn to Set for strength.

I'm in the process of gathering imagery of Hethert, who from what I can gather from the Egyptologists, is generally regarded as having the ability to transform into Sekhmet.  There's just so much variety to the ways Hethert was depicted.  She's a loving goddess, full of joy and loving dance and music. 

Musical instruments such as sistra and clappers are decorated with Hethert's face:
http://joanannlansberry.com/fotoart/oim/sistrrm.html

http://joanannlansberry.com/journal/arch2015/tl150201.html

Bleeker quotes an excerpt from a "song sung by the seven Hathors to the great goddess Hathor":

"We laud thee with delightful songs,
For thou art the mistress of jubilation,
The mistress of music, the queen of harp-playing,
The lady of the dance,
The mistress of the chorus-dance, the queen of wreath-weaving."7
Goddess of Dance, Music and Song, from Hathor and Thoth: Two Key Figures of the Ancient Egyptian Religion, by Claas Jouco Bleeker, (Page 53)

Another excerpt from Bleeker's book:

"From time immemorial, and particularly in later ages, Hathor was surnamed "the Gold", "the Golden One" ([nub]).1 Nowhere is an explanation of this epitheton given. There are two possible reasons for giving Hathor these titles. Gold, the noblest of metals, prompts the thought of immortality, eternity. [Nub] is therefore an apt qualification for a goddess whose imposing personality and inexhaustible strength give the impression that she defies temporariness and transience. Perhaps Hathor was given this epithet because gold glitters and because Hathor is described as a radiant figure in the texts. Thus a hymn speaks of "the epiphany of her beauty."2 It is said of the deceased "thou shinest like Hathor."3 Elsewhere the following picture is drawn of the dazzling beauty of Hathor: "The beautiful, the lovely one, who stands at the head of the 'House of the Beautiful'; the gods turn their heads away in order to see her (better)".4 (Page 26)

Here's a quote from Alison Roberts about Hathor and Ma'at:

"Of great importance too is the association of 'vitality' (nefer) with Hathor and Maat, the two solar goddesses intimately connected with the throat and heart.1 Amun-Re is said to 'wear Maat' like an amulet at his throat, she rests on his breast. And guarding this vital region of his body she becomes his nourishing food:

"Your food is Maat, your drink is Maat
Your bread is Maat, your beer is Maat2

"Nurturing the vital life of the solar god, Maat manifests in the nutritive throat region when food offerings are brought. So, when bringing the god offerings, the king invokes the goddess who assists the ingestion of food:

"Receive Maat so that
   you may satisfy your heart.
This your Meret-goddess,
   who does not leave you.
The throat is before you every day
   so that you may live from her.3

"But as both are daughters of Re, Maat cannot be separated from Hathor. The guiding influence of Maat needs the energizing vitality and life-blood of Hathor to maintain her way of the world." - Alison Roberts, My Heart My Mother, Northgate Publishers 2000, (Pages 122-123)

Hethert has a different sort of strength, of "energizing vitality" than Set does.  Perhaps Set's strength is more "endurance" and raw strength, while Hethert gets her strength from "feeding" on Ma'at, so that Ma'at and Hethert strengthen each other.  That which is beautiful, and true and just gives Hethert joy, and therein is her strength.  "The mistress of jubilation", what else can I say, but "Dua Hethert!" :)

Senebty!
Neheh...

Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 11:56:31 pm »
Hotep, Jesse. I haven't been divined yet (so excited for the beginner's class to start soon!) but I thought I'd chime in. I work with Yinepu and He is who led me to Kemetism in the first place.

I agree with what was said about Yinepu having a very cunning sense of humor. He doesn't really speak as much as other Netjer, but also like what the other poster has said his presence is always there when I feel like I need him. He tends to be a bit in the background in the "shadows" where he's most comfortable and makes himself known most strongly when I'm feeling a deep problem in my life, since he is the Opener of Ways and a good Leader as well. He's serious and calm but not strict or harsh with his teachings, at least not in my experience. Whenever I feel his presence, I feel calmed and I know that whatever problems or uncertainties I might be having will be over soon.

I like to offer him alcohols (like whiskey, burbon, brandy etc), spices, sandalwood and patchouli incense (they seem to have a positive effect with Yinepu in my experience), and animal parts such as bones and bird feathers. I collect taxidermy and natural history items so I have a good stockpile of small animal bones and feathers to offer.

I hope this helps! He can be a bit daunting to get to know but he's a very kind and fair Netjer.
Gezemyinepu (Gez)-  "Anointed by Yinepu"

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 09:42:53 am »
Rev. Neferu has a great site on Hethert too [click!] with a nice recommended reading list in addition to what Rev. Neferu has written.

Most importantly: just hang out with her (and any other gods you want to get to know)! Make a getting-to-know-you offering and open yourself to learning new things about new gods. Takes some time maybe, but direct experience teaches in very memorable ways.

Good luck!
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:06 am »
I was recently divined a daughter of Sobek and Taweret, Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet.

well if this works for you i will help you the best i can. besides your parents i have pretty similar lineup child of sekhmet-hethert beloved of yinepu-wepwawet and  Set.

let me start from mom she appears one day in my life i was not looking for her she suddenly appears in a moment that i was looking my spiritual identity i was Wiccan in that time wanderer wiccan it is the closest term that i can use. never fell connected with celtic or nordic gods but hey one day i found about isis kemetism and House of Netjer and take me some time to digest and decide and acept what i want but mom never was a decision i make she was who take the decision when i was ready and when i can to know her and you know what she shocked me because deep inside me something says hey that it is what you are lookgin for and here i am a proud Shemsu of the great lioness
[color:red]Biaiensekhmet Son of Sekhmet-Hethert beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Seth =P[/color]

[color:blue]Groupie of Heru-wer Nebethet and Nut[/color]

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3184
  • stats Total Posts: 296087
  • stats Total Topics: 20239
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955