Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 57
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Jesus  (Read 3641 times)

Offline DevoteeOfThoth

Jesus
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:15:51 pm »
Jesus plays a huge role in my life. Is it strange that I pray to him regularly? I don't know why but I feel like the Netjeru are telling me something... Feel free to share your thoughts  ;D

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Jesus
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:32:01 pm »
What do you think the Netjer are trying to say?  I for one am not Christian and haven't been for many, many years, I appreciate his teachings and that's about it.  Having a good relationship with any deity is a good thing.

Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline DevoteeOfThoth

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »
Oh I'm by no means a Christian. Djehuty comes before all other deities. Jesus is the only non-Egyptian deity I pray to.

Offline Ma'atnofret

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:06:52 pm »
For me I don't really think of Jesus like a deity. More like a saint or ascended master. Or maybe like something of an akhu. But I don't pray to him or any of the saints.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Basttjamheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:19:02 pm »
^ This. I see Jesus as an Ascended Master (I'm Theosophical on top of being Kemetic). A lot of his teachings were skewed or ignored by the overall Christian Church. I don't think there is anything wrong with looking up to Jesus as a Teacher, Master, or Guru type figure. He was a man who taught love and respect and compassion.
Daughter of Bast.
Beloved of Nit-Nebthet-Seshat and Ra-Heruakhety.
Dua Netjeru!

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:55:36 pm »
I think of Jesus as an akh, just like my catholic confirmation saint (St. Max Kolbe). :)
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 12:16:17 am »
I see Jesus as a shining example of what many people should strive to become. He was generous, patient, benevolent and all-loving. Men and women of upstanding moral character, such as Jesus, the Buddha, Muhammad, Confucius, Lao Tzu, I believe are very important to know about. It isn't necessary to follow the religions they founded in order to follow their philosophy.

Before I came to Kemetism, among many other things, at one time I was a Christian and at another I was a Confucianist. I've since given up on both religions, but I maintain a lot of the philosophy I learned from them, because they apply so well to such an abstract concept as Ma'at.

In terms of worshipping Jesus and the Netjeru trying to tell you something, perhaps they've decided that Jesus will be an ideal role model for you to add to your worship. There's no trouble with that at all, he was a great man. Likewise, I feel they've been trying to get me dabbling back into Confucianism recently. There's really no reason you can't worship the Netjeru and another, non-Kemetic deity, especially one as benevolent as Jesus.
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Hazeythegod

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 10:29:16 am »
Jesus is the Christians Horus
Mdja Netjer
Ma'atkara

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 11:05:59 am »
Jesus is the Christians Horus

Em hotep Hazey!

I somewhat disagree with that statement. If I had to compare the two, I'd say Jesus is closer to Wesir or a mix between Wesir and Heru-sa-Aset as Panebtawy (Lord of the Two Lands) or less likely Heru-nedj-itef (Heru, Saviour of His Father), with more Wesir.

He's closer to Wesir in my mind for a few reasons, mainly because of their personalities and what they do. If you go by the base "solar attributes", Heru-sa-Aset is closer. But Jesus' message is mainly about peace and love, and while Heru-sa-Aset has those messages, he's also a warrior and/or a child, which Jesus is not. Heru-sa-Aset is also a king and is more associated with kingship, royalty, heirs, etc. Wesir, however, acts as the savior of both kings and common men (in later times when the afterlife became available to all) in that he and his death promise an afterlife that's not full of sorrows and horror for some. But Wesir is not Jesus; Wesir also has the ability to promise extreme violence as he does in the Contendings and his threat is taken very seriously. Wesir also isn't alive, he never rose from the dead, he became something else, a state that isn't death, but isn't life. So he's still different. There's also probably hundreds of deities Jesus can be compared to, but I'm not going to get into all that for the sake of brevity.

I advise exercising caution in making comparisons though as you may find that they work on the surface, but when you get into the meat of the situation, they are nothing alike. For instance, I find it interesting to compare and contrast Sekhmet and Durga; but they are different enough I wouldn't say they are each other. It can also be offensive and degrading towards the faith and the people in that faith as you remove their cultural context in an effort to equate them.

When it comes to monolatry in Kemetic faith however, we can easily do that as many of our Netjeru were traditionally linked together, compared, or used as titles of each other. Such as Sekhmet and Hethert, Serqet and Aset, and lesser known ones such as Ra-Heruakhety in his Name of Shu in his form of Aten.

Personally, I find Jesus' messages interesting and helpful to reflect on since many of them align with doing ma'at.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Hazeythegod

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 11:27:40 am »
I feel you I said that because Horus and Jesus was born in almost the same way
Mdja Netjer
Ma'atkara

Offline Hazeythegod

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 11:33:06 am »
Nice
Mdja Netjer
Ma'atkara

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 12:42:22 pm »
Just to put in my two cents, there isn't anything historically correct about Jesus being the Christian Horus.
Just my 2 cents.
1. He wasn't born of a virgin
2. Wasn't born in December (neither was Christ)
3. Was born in the marshes of Lower Egypt.

There is nothing that would connect Heru to Jesus.  One was an avenger of his father, the other a prophet/son. 

Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Hazeythegod

• Remetj
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 02:56:54 pm »
I wasn't serious I just saying my little 2 cents in  ;)
Mdja Netjer
Ma'atkara

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3161
  • stats Total Posts: 295196
  • stats Total Topics: 20154
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955