collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Amenti  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
Amenti
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:17:03 am »
Hey, does anyone have any info on Amenti?  Whether historical or personal, I'm interested.  And the Internet doesn't have much on Her.  Literally all I know is that She is the goddess who greets and rejuvenates the dead.  Anyone got any more than that?  Anyone have a relationship with Her?

Senebty,

Taji
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline IbuPtah

• Divined Remetj
Re: Amenti
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:44 pm »
Em hotep Taji,

I don't have a relationship with her as Amenti...just yet...thankfully ;) but she is  understood to be a form of Hethert, as literally the Lady of the West.

The first mentions of her go back to the Pyramid Texts in the 5th dynasty pyramid of Unas. Back then she was considered the personification of the West, giving (new) birth to the king...

"Behold, she comes to your, the Beautiful West, meeting you with her beautiful tresses...here comes he whom I have born" PT 254

In the Middle Kingdom, she becomes less abstract, becoming associated with the rise in popularity of the cult of Wesir...she herself becomes identified with Het-hert as well as with Aset.

"Hail to you, Beautiful West, N. (the deceased) has come to you that he may greet you daily, as your son, your child whom you have born to Wesir." Coffin Text 33

On a 19th Dynasty tomb she is called...

"Het-hert, Mistress of the Sacred Land,  Amentet, Kheft-her-neb-es (she who is before her Lord)"
And
"Hethert, Lady of the Sycamore, Mistress of the Necropolis, Amentet, Lady of the Sky, Mistress of the Two Lands"

I think I might have more info at home, but I'm not there at the moment, so I'll have to look for you :)

Senebty,
~Ibu
Sa Ptah-Sokar
Mery Amun-Ra, Sekhmet-Hetheret, her Nebethet-Nit-Seshat
Fedw Diviner for PtahSokar

Offline Naisenu

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:45 pm »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:17:49 pm by Naisenu »

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:53:45 pm »
Thank you both so much!  I was recently divined a beloved of Aset-Serqet.  This came as a surprise to me as I requested the divination thinking I'd become a beloved of Aset-Hethert.  I was advised that the Hethert I was noticing was actually coming through my Akhu and told that it would be a good idea to explore Amentet as that connection among Aset, Hethert, and the Blessed Dead.  So all of this is very helpful to trying to figure it all out.

Senebty,

Taji
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut

Offline Asetwedjbai

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:52:31 pm »
I "get" Aset as Aset-Amentet. Looking at my lineup, it's not surprising to see why. I work with a netjeri of Hers who is a reed in the Field of Reeds (the netjeri in my shen necklace).

She is very close to Hethert and Nut, and I find Her to be less stern than Aset. Because of Nut's influence I find Her to be "embracing" or "encircling"; very protective and nurturing. She's a "newer" form of Aset, from when She started to take on the aspects and roles of other goddesses. As a shortcut I'd say She's Aset, Hethert, and Nut all rolled into One. 

I haven't been able to find a lot of scholarly information about Her, it's all UPG from my relationship. I always felt that "my Aset" wasn't quite like the description of Her that people often use, but when I met Aset-Serqet in Saq I could feel and understand the difference.

I've also looked into Iabet (the Goddess of the East) Who is linked to Aset, Hethert, and Nebet Het. Often Amentet and Iabet take the places of Aset and Nebet Het in funerary art. I see Them as the "bookends" of my lineup. I've wondered if Iabet is the place where Hethert and Nebet Het intersect.

senebty, Wedjbai
Aset turned me around
Daughter of Aset
Beloved of Hethert, Wesir, Yinepu, Nut & Nebthet

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:58:52 pm »
Thank you, Wedjbai.  That's really helpful too.  When I had the divination, Hemet asked me if I had any Greek or Roman ancestors.  Because Aset-Hethert is pretty much Isis and She was coming strongly through my Akhu. 

I answered no because to my knowledge I really don't.  But it occurred to me recently that I may have been thinking too narrowly.  My mother's family is from Central Europe and the British Isles.  Not Rome, but definitely Roman at one time.  So maybe there's something there too.

Senebty,

Taji
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 03:39:15 am »
Hey, does anyone have any info on Amenti?  Whether historical or personal, I'm interested.  And the Internet doesn't have much on Her.  Literally all I know is that She is the goddess who greets and rejuvenates the dead.  Anyone got any more than that?  Anyone have a relationship with Her?

Senebty,

Taji

I was divined as a daughter of Aset Amenti.  Amenti is the Lady of the West title or aspect of Nut, Aset, Hethert and Nebet Het.  All of them pretty much intersect there in that space of liminality, stars and the dead. 

As Amentet (the Goddess West Herself), the only source I can think of is the LAGG which is the source for what Naisenu linked to. 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal