collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Bast  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Paysabast

• Shemsu
Re: Bast
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 09:03:15 am »
Thats cool about the Dr. Pepper offerings, I'll offer her some today. :D
Senebty :)

Paysabast , Son of Bast and beloved of Renenutet and Set

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 03:30:08 am »
...I sent a Dublin (aka real sugar) Dr. Pepper up to Tawy some years ago and Mom wouldn't let Hemet remove it from her shrine.  AFAIK, it's still there, as I saw it up there the last time I visited Tawy (Wesir Mysteries 2011, I think).

As far as informal offerings, you can never go wrong with seafood (if you're not allergic).  Perfumes are also well-appreciated, as is Japanese-style incense if you want to go for more formal stuff.
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 10:52:07 pm »

I started honoring Bast today. She grew on me while I was honoring Djehuty. What does Bast like?

We all get somewhat different  versions of the Gods, so it's okay to experiment too and offer what intuitively feels right.  If She doesn't like something, She will tell you but not hold it against you as long as the offering was sincere.  The first thing I ever offered to Her was warm milk and honey.  She loved that.  The Bast I get though isn't a fan of roses.  I'm not sure why not as I personally love roses and I know several people who have offered roses to Bast and had them be well-received.  But if I offer Her roses, they're wilted in a day.  I don't know why.  Lilies are the way to go.  Definitely lilies. 

And yes, cinnamon.  My experience lines up there too.  She loves cinnamon.  And creamy things.  And cinnamon in creamy things.  Anything that engages the senses is usually very well received (which again, I can't figure out the rose thing).

Senebty,

Taji
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:54:22 pm by Taji »
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 303998
  • stats Total Topics: 21093
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124