Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 60
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Do you Gratitude?  (Read 23120 times)

Offline Ihhyensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Do you Gratitude?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 10:46:59 pm »
Em Hotep Hetepenamen,

Sounds perfect! Like a little welcome/care/gratitude package all rolled into one!

Let us know what the reaction is when your friend gets it! :D

Senebty!

Em Hotep,

My friend arrived today and loved the little care package I got her. She gave my chocolate. I call it a win/win.

I try to make it a point when i have guests over, that my house is theirs. I have a small basket of sample soaps and such set aside or long staying guests. Its a nice feeling to know that the basic needs are considered.

Have a great week!
Ihhy-"Acclaimed by Two"
Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Amun-Ra
meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet
Daughter to (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Financial Bak

Offline Ludna

• Remetj
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2015, 04:22:12 am »
My daily gratitude for today:

1) I'm grateful for the Gods, that understand me and listen to me even if my faith lately is not so strong as it used to be.

2) My new life in a foreign country

3) My family and friends, who support me and love me in my home country.

4) My little family abroad: my boyfriend and my furry baby, who enlighten my days.

5) My pagan Sisterhood in the UK, stronger than ever despite the losses we had.
Ludna the Stryx

☽Born in Italy, living in the UK, raised by wolves. ☾

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 08:29:43 pm »
Em Hotep Hetepamen and Ludna!

Thank you both for sharing your "5 Things to be Grateful for", and the follow-up to the Welcome package!

I love the idea of little soaps and shampoos when visiting a friend for an extended period. We have a little "Emergency Mommy Care Package" for Mothers who find themselves unexpectedly in our NICU from Out-of-Province or long-distance. They're filled with soaps, shampoos, pads, breast pads, toothpaste, travel toothbrush and a few other things too.

Ludna,

Moving to a new place is tough as it is. I can't imagine moving to an entirely new country! Seems like you have the necessary supports in place, which is so important. I think its important to acknowledge when your faith might be a little on the rocks when times are tough, but counting gratitude is actually a good way to help deal with that. :)

Many prayers for you!

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Ludna

• Remetj
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 05:07:13 am »

Ludna,

Moving to a new place is tough as it is. I can't imagine moving to an entirely new country! Seems like you have the necessary supports in place, which is so important. I think its important to acknowledge when your faith might be a little on the rocks when times are tough, but counting gratitude is actually a good way to help deal with that. :)

Many prayers for you!

Senebty!

Thank you so much, Maretemheqat, for the kind words. It has been quite hard for me, as I love travelling but I used to have deep roots back in my country. At the beginning I had to face loneliness and learnt how to face my demons but now I am ok :) I know that I am loved.
I am pretty confident my faith will grow stronger again when I'll settle down. I'll keep talking to the Gods and gratitude, maybe I cannot hear Them but definitely They can hear me.

Senebty

Ludna
Ludna the Stryx

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 05:36:51 pm »
Thank you so much, Maretemheqat, for the kind words. It has been quite hard for me, as I love travelling but I used to have deep roots back in my country. At the beginning I had to face loneliness and learnt how to face my demons but now I am ok :) I know that I am loved.
I am pretty confident my faith will grow stronger again when I'll settle down. I'll keep talking to the Gods and gratitude, maybe I cannot hear Them but definitely They can hear me.

Senebty

Ludna

Em Hotep Ludna!

Rev. Maret is fine. I know my shemsu name can be a mouthful. :)

Yes, I think the Gods do hear us when we speak to them of gratitude, or gratitude we might have for Them. I think different Gods will express Their reciprocation of that gratitude in ways that are unique to Them and us. *Nods*

After all, we've taken the time to establish a relationship with Them, and They with us.

Senebty, and thank you for sharing!

~Rev. Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2015, 06:33:13 pm »
Em Hotep everyone,

Its the week before Halloween, and I have a five point list of things I am thankful for.

1. Pumpkins. Yes, really. They're a wonderful bonding tool with family and friends.

2. Costume searching/ making. Also another excellent bonding tool, but a good way to show resourcefulness and creativity. I love watching people and going shopping with them to see how their heads work.

3. Halloween candy. Makes for perfect offering sizes.

4. Cooler temperatures. Not freezing, but enough where a person can be comfortable in a sweater and a scarf for a walk.

5. Halloween. While there is some very spiritual significance with the holiday for those of us with pagan leanings, it is also a great way to spend time with family and friends.

What about you? Do you have any Halloween gratitude?

Senebty!
~Rev. Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Ihhyensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 12:49:32 am »
Em Hotep,

I LOVE Halloween. we have a pumpkin, i dress up my workstation, costumes, candy, and of course a few Tricks, along w/ treats.

Thankful for-

1. cooler temps
2. fall colors- we live close enough to the city with access to the mountains, Its beautiful here.
3. Family time
4. Pumpkin pie ( don't judge me ;) )
5. trick/treating with friends and kids.

I usually do a countdown to Halloween; spooky quotes, movie clips, etc... but I've been lacking the past few years. Regardless, its still my favorite time of year.

Ihhy-"Acclaimed by Two"
meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet
Financial Bak

Offline Ludna

• Remetj
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 04:27:54 am »
Being a pagan and a goth, I LOVE Halloween (or I should call it Samhain). I do practice in a Wicca coven as well, and Samhain is the time of the year when connection with your Ancestors is stronger than usual. So it is a very important festival, that marks the triumph of the darkness and the winter approaching.

1 - I am grateful for my Ancestors, they are always here for me and I feel them even closer lately.

2 - Love Autumn colours, I am lucky enough to live in countryside and close to a forest and witness all the wonderful sceneries that Nature is offering.

3- Love all the spooky stuff, Halloween is like my Christmas so this of the year my boyfriend patiently allow me to watch all the horror films I want and re-watch all the Tim Burton films :)

4 - I love to dress up, definitely. Look forward to have fancy dress party!  8)

5 - Love the atmosphere of these days, also because we do remember we are mortal after all.

Senebty,

Ludna
Ludna the Stryx

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »
Em Hotep,

I LOVE Halloween. we have a pumpkin, i dress up my workstation, costumes, candy, and of course a few Tricks, along w/ treats.

Thankful for-

1. cooler temps
2. fall colors- we live close enough to the city with access to the mountains, Its beautiful here.
3. Family time
4. Pumpkin pie ( don't judge me ;) )
5. trick/treating with friends and kids.

I usually do a countdown to Halloween; spooky quotes, movie clips, etc... but I've been lacking the past few years. Regardless, its still my favorite time of year.

Em Hotep Hetepenamen,

I JUDGE THEE WORTHY! *ahems*

Translation: I love pumpkin pie too. My mother makes hers from scratch, and she usually has to make an extra pie for me, because I will eat an entire pumpkin pie unto myself if left un-attended.

Thanks for sharing!

Senebty!
~Rev. Maret
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:12:14 pm by Maretemheqat »
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Ihhyensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 12:05:41 pm »

Em Hotep Hetepenamen,

I JUDGE THEE WORTHY! *ahems*

Translation: I love pumpkin pie too. My mother makes hers from scratch, and she usually has tomato an extra pie for me, because I will eat an entire pumpkin pie unto myself if left un-attended.

Thanks for sharing!

Senebty!
~Rev. Maret
[/quote]

Em Hotep,

I'm feeling the love here. :)

We used to make our own pies from scratch. But life, i now buy one from the store for parties and then make one at home. So if i mess up the crust or whatever, i only have myself to blame.

The newest tradition is experimenting with stuffing/dressing. So far we have 10 different versions! our friends have an open invititation to thanksgiving every year. They are amazing people and have definately felt the karma kick back ( or whatever the KO equivalvent may be)

Ihhy-"Acclaimed by Two"
meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet
Financial Bak

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2015, 11:57:46 am »
Em Hotep everyone,

Today's discussion/ thoughts on gratitude are prompted by a slightly un-usual set of circumstances. Today's discussion will focus on past relationships, and how to find the gratitude when they're over.

I was at a convention all week-end, and there were two situations in which I found myself having to give pause and think, to examine where, in a really crappy situation, I could have gratitude. This was prompted by the fact that a photograph surfaced that contained one of my ex-boyfriends.

A few years ago, this man and I were dating. We had dated for several years, were living together at one point. There came a day, however, the our relationship fell apart, and in a rather dramatic fashion, we parted ways. We kept in touch for maybe a month or two afterwards, if only because I was still afraid of letting him go completely and being truly alone for the first time in my life.
I learned later that he had been seeing another woman behind my back, and for years, I was angry with him. Not just angry; seething, burning hatred and rage. I swallowed me heart several times on seeing photos of him, or when someone would mention his name around me. Friends tried their best to comfort me, in massive amounts of alcohol, one night stands and the 'new found liberation into singles territory".

I eventually found someone else shortly after that relationship had ended, and was with this man for 8 years. This relationship ended badly too, with just as much drama.

At the time, I could not see this situation for what it really was; a learning point, and a point of growth for me to take ahold of and help nurture. When the sting wasn't quite as bad and fresh, I was able to sit back and reflect on what had happened with an objective mindset, and really examine what it was that made this situation as volatile as it had become.

Now we come to this week-end, in seeing the photos of my ex and having little to no reaction at all. In the past, I'd spit nails and venom. This time, there was simply no emotion at all.

Now I'm sure you're asking yourself how I in the world am I grateful for this?

The answer is simple...and complicated.

I have reached a point in my life where I understand that events have shaped who I am; both the bad and the good. They have taught me lessons I needed to know about myself, and during a discussion with someone on the week-end, I repeated myself several times; "We do our best learning from failure."

I failed in those relationships, yes. But they also taught me more about myself and my needs, as well as what I could have been doing better in the relationship. I am thankful for this, because without it, I would not have learned those lessons, as painful as they were.

Reflecting on your own personal lives, do you have someone(s) in your past relationships where they have ended poorly? Or just ended? Can you reflect on those situations now? What are your observations? What are your feelings? Why do you feel those things? What are you learning from this experience?

This one is a particularly hard one to talk about, I know. Just know that if you decide to talk about it or not, I'm thinking of you so that you can have the strength to tackle this particular gratitude session.

Much Love,
~Rev. Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2015, 02:08:41 pm »
Em hotep, Rev. Maret.

This is a tough subject. I have had three relationships in my life.

The first was with a married man. I didn't know when the relationship started that he was married. "I'm separated," he said. But he wasn't. He also wanted to change who I was. I was a young, malleable thing and he was going to "My Fair Lady" me. I ended the relationship. After more time than I wish I had. I regret having let it go on as long as it did. And didn't understand when he called me years later to tell me that one of his friends had died. I had little or no sympathy. Looking at it now from the point of what gratitude I have for that relationship.... it taught me, to some extent, not to let go of who I am and what I believe in. It's never easy for me to express my needs and desires, but now I struggle through the fear to ask for what I need and I'm even coming to respect my needs and feelings. I have also learned to feel compassion for him. Not that I have interacted with him for many years.

My second relationship was with someone who was newly divorced. We ended up moving in together. I moved 800 miles to live with him. And after 4 or 5 years he admitted that what he really wanted was to get back together with his ex-wife. I have gratitude that I didn't go ballistic. I didn't fight over each piece of furniture or possessions trying to punish him in this manner. I still felt it had been worth trying to have a relationship with him... better to take the risk than to not being willing to try. I could see my own flaws in the relationship. Oh, I was crushed. I cried rivers, but I knew, in my heart, that it hadn't been a great relationship.

Now I am in a relationship with someone who lives not only on the other side of the continent from me, but in another country. As well as the fact that he is considerably younger than I am. Yet, I'm not sure I'm willing to commit more time to a local relationship. This person is kind and expects me to be myself, and even more mind boggling to me, likes who I am even with my flaws and issues.

And I am grateful for all of these relationships. For the first, that I learned I wasn't willing to give up who I am for another. For the second, that I tried even though we both failed, and third that I have experienced acceptance and love of who I am in truth.

Thank you Rev. Maret.

Senebty,

Ibi
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 08:33:59 am »
Em Hotep Ibi,

Tough indeed, but you have the strength, despite any set backs you've had. Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experiences, and the learning within them.

Sometimes the most difficult thing to do within a relationships is to know when to let it go. I know my last relationship, I let things go on longer than perhaps they should have. I did have new experiences within that relationship, in that I tried everything to save it. I tried couples counselling in the hopes that both of our issues could be worked out.

I was very angry then, and felt very unloved and unwanted because my partner refused to deal with some of his medical issues. I learned in that relationship that I wanted a partner, not someone who I had to treat like a child and watch after every waking moment. I also wanted someone who had enough self-confidence to let me do my own thing without gas-lighting me or trying to make me feel guilty for enjoying myself without him. There was a great deal of communication break-down, despite trying to keep those lines open.

Thank you for continuing the discussion Ibi.

Senebty,
~Rev. Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2015, 03:11:49 pm »
Em Hotep everyone,

I wanted to start a discussion today on gratitude in situations of loss; specifically the loss of a loved one. Because we will soon be entering into the Mysteries of Wesir, I thought it important to begin the discussion on this topic in order to give people the chance for reflection and work up the courage to post if necessary.

Weather your loss is someone directly related to you (parent, child, sibling, grand parent, aunts and uncles, etc) or part of your extended network of friends and acquaintances, loss and grief are things that will affect and effect each of us in different ways. We each experience loss in different ways and the coping mechanisms of that loss are different for each person.

When a situation like this arises, it can be very, very difficult to see and have gratitude in these situations. It may be helpful to keep in mind that the gratitude you have does not necessarily have to come from where you think it will, like support systems and people, but in the recognition of the time you have spent with your loved one and the lessons and memories they have gifted you with.

In regards to the Wesir Mysteries, Aset and Nebt-het worked together to help prepare Wesir's body. They acknowledged their grief and suffering at His loss, but they were also able to see the good things Wesir had done in both life and death, and their relationship with their brother. Aset turned her focus to her child, Heru-sa-Aset, while Nebt-het turned her focus to ensuring that Wesir got to where he needed to go and ensured that her sister and nephew were cared for. Each expressed gratitude for the other, and each expressed the gratitude of the time they spent with Wesir.

Hopefully Their example can be of comfort to you during times of loss, and if you need someone else to talk to, my email and PM are always open.

This is a hard topic, and I understand fully if things are still too painful to express.

Much love to all of you, and senebty,
~Rev. Maret
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:50:54 am by Maretemheqat »
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 12:21:30 pm »
Em Hotep everyone,

Today's gratitude discussion revolves around Veteran's Day (In the US) and Remembrance Day (In Canada, the UK, Australia and a few other European countries).

War is never an easy subject. Depending on the outcome of said war, there can still be a great deal of animosity and hurt on all sides. When there is conflict between countries, it is usually the people who suffer in those situations. Often times, it is soldiers that suffer the most.

Individual soliders, depending on their opinions of the war and the reason for entering it, rarely, if ever, have the option of saying no to deployment. World War 1 had the largest casualty and death toll rate of both world wars on both sides (Axis/ Central and Allied). For Allied forces, the estimated total is 5,153,604 to 6,431,799, and for Central Powers, the estimated total is 3,386,200 to 4,390,544 (According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties).

You are probably asking yourself "How can you find gratitude in such a situation?"

When I was still a member of the armed forces, myself and my companions discussed at length what we would do if there was the declaration of war again on the scale of the first two. Almost unanimously, the answer was thus:

"I will fight, so others don't have to."

Win, or lose, I'm going to make a leap of faith and assume that most soldiers feel this way. They will fight, so others don't have to. This is where my gratitude comes in, not because someone else is willing to fight on my behalf, but because there are people out there who realize the sacrifice that will have to be made, and still do so anyway. Win, or lose. Allies, or Central/ Axis. And they pay the ultimate price. Survivors guilt, dismemberment, nightmares, trauma and inability to cope with civilian life.

I am thankful that I can give back to them, what they have given to me.

If you have not, go and talk to your veterans. Go and talk to your soldiers who have survived war; from World War 1 to modern conflicts in Afghanistan. Talk to them. Hear them. Listen to their stories.

Do not avoid the dead. Speak to them too. They are just as deserving.

and say "Thank you for what you did for me."

Senebty.
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2979
  • stats Total Posts: 286927
  • stats Total Topics: 19446
  • stats Total Categories: 8