Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 72
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Poll

To those with aspected Parents and/or Beloveds, what name(s) do you work with?

I work with only one name.
10 (32.3%)
I work with both names, but one is more present than the other.
10 (32.3%)
I work with both names, and they are equally present.
4 (12.9%)
I work with only one name, and don't get along with the other.
0 (0%)
I work with only one name, but with the qualities of the other. (i.e. Aset-Serqet as "Aset" with a slight Serqet-y influence)
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Aspected Parents & Beloveds  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Aspected Parents & Beloveds
« on: August 22, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »
Hello again! I'm still thinking about relationships between deity and devotee, but this time, I'm interested to see how others relate to aspected deities. I currently have the poll above set to allow 4 votes per person, in case you have a bunch of different combinations going on. I believe I can increase the number of votes, so if anyone has Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Nebthet-Nit-Seshat as Parents, with Yinepu-Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Hethert, and Aset-Serqet as Beloveds, let me know, hehe.

Personally, I have Sekhmet-Hethert as a Parent, but I experience her as very strongly Sekhmet. On the other hand, I have Wepwawet-Yinepu as a Beloved, but am interested in honoring both. At this time, I will choose "I work with both names, but one is more present..." for those two, since Wepwawet is considerably more present at this time.

To those who have aspected Parents, do you consider yourself to be the child of both names (i.e. a child of Wepwawet and Yinepu), or only one? I was playing around on the member search the other day, and came across someone who had 3 parents listed: both names of an aspected deity, and one non-aspected deity. It got me thinking. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
Re: Aspected Parents & Beloveds
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:11:07 pm »
When it comes to aspected deities, the hyphen serves to recognize that there is a mythological or theological connection between the deities. The one listed first is the one in the RPD, and the others are connected to that deity. Many people honor the "other sides" of their deities, but it isn't necessary.

For myself I recognize children of Yinepu as siblings of a sort, but I don't consider Yinepu my father.
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Katbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »
Both my beloveds are aspected. I would say I honor both but one is more present. In my interactions, it is almost like Wepwawet and Sekhmet are the relations and Yinepu and Het-Hert are favorite non-relations. Hard for me to put this into words that make sense. Everyone gets shrine space and offerings. Everyone is represented around my home but Mom, Wepwawet and Sekhmet are the ones I "interact" with the most.
Daughter of Bast, beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Wepwawet-Yinepu

(Bast's plan or Bast's device)

Etsy

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 05:45:06 pm »
I have Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet and Aset-Serqet as Beloveds. I can't say I've experienced Serqet much, at least not consciously. I do feel close to Wepwawet because of what he represents but definitely not anything as familiar as Yinepu.

As for Sekhmet-Hethert, there's a different matter. I think I feel close to both almost at the same level. It wasn't always so, about two years ago, Hethert was just a Name I really liked and obviously linked closely to Sekhmet through myth. For the last two years or so, though, sometimes the more powerful identity for me is Hethert. Not sure if this happens to others too. These days I think they balance but there have been times when Hethert was on the forefront.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Khefet - KhefetBast-Mut "in accordance with Bast-Mut"

Sat Bast-Mut
Meryt Aset-Serqet, Yinepu-Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 05:56:39 pm »
It honestly depends on the deity in question.  I consider Herthert to be my Beloved, though perhaps not as much as Sekhmet is.  Hethert is very important in my life though.  Wepwawet is kinda in everyone's life, I think.  Not much gets done without Him.  But I don't know that I get Him any more strongly than that.  And Serqet?  I tried reaching out to Her years ago and really didn't think She was all that interested.  (And no hard feelings on that.)
Tasedjebbast,
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Set & Heru-wer Who Are the Bawy
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 06:05:57 pm »

It honestly depends on the deity in question.  I consider Herthert to be my Beloved, though perhaps not as much as Sekhmet is.  Hethert is very important in my life though.  Wepwawet is kinda in everyone's life, I think.  Not much gets done without Him.  But I don't know that I get Him any more strongly than that.  And Serqet?  I tried reaching out to Her years ago and really didn't think She was all that interested.  (And no hard feelings on that.)

Taji, very close to my experience. You articulated it better, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Khefet - KhefetBast-Mut "in accordance with Bast-Mut"

Sat Bast-Mut
Meryt Aset-Serqet, Yinepu-Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Tashepsut

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 06:10:20 pm »
I have Yinepu-Wepwawet as a beloved. I only work with Yinepu because I feel like he is sharing aspects of Wepwawet but Wepwawet is not present as a seperate entity. Instead of focusing on the Akhu or afterlife he's here for me as a guide and is showing me different roads and possibilities. He is my Opener of Ways. So it's like he's using "Wepwawet" as a title. I don't feel like they are fused either. Wepwawet is very quiet, aloof, and keeps his distance with me. Yinepu is the exact opposite. I feel Yinepu's excited, friendly energy with no hints of Wepwawet's aloofness.
Tashepsutbast "The Nobility of Bast"
Bast, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Taweret, and Ra

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 07:42:34 pm »
Em hotep!

I have two aspected names in my lineup: Serqet-Aset and Yinepu-Wepwawet (Sekhmet-Mut is a syncretic name).

I've experienced Aset and Wepwawet separately of Serqet and Yinepu, in my shrines I generally treat them as entirely separate names and they are not included in my Senut shrine. Aset recently got added into my Senut shrine, as I had to use my AGI Amarna style statue for Mom, which Mom only puts up with if my knockoff Amarna Aset is with her.

However that's a fluke; I've never included Aset there before as she's not my Mother. Serqet (who-is-Aset) is my Mom; she's always more Serqet than Aset for me. However, Aset is willing to stand in the place of Mom when I need more hugs. I was feeling particularly broken last year and wishing I could just hug Mom and Aset showed up holding me like a baby. When I said "But you're not really my Mom," she did "laser" Serqet eyes and asked if that was better. So I've seen Serqet in Aset and I've also seen Aset in Serqet in how Mom focuses on community. However my Mom is still Serqet, so if I wanted to write "sat Serqet" I could; I include Aset because of my experiences.

Yinepu and Wepwawet, however, are completely separate for me; I go to Yinepu as a Beloved and I go to Wepwawet as an unrelated Name, both of them for things good in their particular sphere. I've never experienced them as one in the same or aspecting as the other.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 04:11:11 am »
My Father, Wepwawet-Yinepu, almost always appears to me as purely Wepwawet. There's never been a distinct difference between the two or switching, or presence of purely Yinepu. I definitely experience Him as Wepwawet with some aspects of Yinepu at times.

Sekhmet-Hethert mostly appears as Sekhmet to me but occasionally I'll experience Her as a more gentle deity, so I assume that to be Her appearing more as Hethert. Like what happens with my Father, I never experience Them separately, rather just Sekhmet with aspects and traits of Hethert.
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset
Reiki I student & professionally accredited crystal healer

Online Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 03:25:38 pm »
For me, it depends. For the most part, I experience Yinepu-Wepwawet together, equally. There are times, though, when Yinepu comes across much stronger than Wepwawet (or Wepwawet seems absent). I don't think that there has been a time when Wepwawet has come across stronger than Yinepu. But, I have a much longer history with Yinepu (as Anubis) than I do with Wewawet, so that may be part of it. All in all, though I consider myself a child of both Yinepu and Wepwawet.
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

Offline Mehetibeminpu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 06:23:25 pm »
I've thought about the dual aspect natures of the Names quite a bit myself.  All of my Gods are dual aspected and in a weird way, I think that is reflected in my personality.  I think I have two fairly distinct ways that I approach things, which I think of as a reflection of the duality of Them.

I mostly get Yinepu, but in a very old form, there are times I'm getting Sed (oldest jackal Name).  I often do get Wepwawet bleed through however, since some of my first experiences with other jackal kids was with Wepwawhelps and I think He shone through then.  Mostly I get Wepwawet when Yinepu puts on the uniform and goes to work as Opener of the Ways -- much like Tashepsut described.

And Hethert/Sekhmet --  I am very much like Hethert and see Her hand in my personality and talents and She is with me a lot.  But I also get Sekhmet by Herself.  It's almost like They are not connected for me.  I rarely see or feel any bleed through of One in the Other.   

Serqet/Aset is the same, Serqet is just Her.  Sometimes, Aset comes but They are very separate for me.

So, honestly, I often feel like I have six Gods and not three. 
Sat  Yinepu/Wepwawet
Meryt Hethert/Sekhmet her Serqet/Aset
Heri-Sesheta Yinepu

Self-care Yinepu, Serqet and Sekhmet Advocate (Because they take turns slapping me upside the head!)

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 01:18:44 pm »
Both my KO parent and non-KO kemetic parental / guide deities are aspected.

I work primarily with one form of Them. Aware They're also always the other, by their very being, but these are not depths I'm able to have a grasp on emotionally and ritually, so forms that are reachable to me-focused work it is.

But then, I have the same thing going on with other traditions with aspected and polyform deities / entities; compartmentalizing according to need and comfort zones simply serves my spiritual life well.
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Akhyt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 06:40:10 am »
I chose "with only one" and "both equally present", because neither is the whole truth: I have Sekhmet(-Hethert) as a Beloved, and as such, I experience Her very strongly as Sekhmet. I also have a strong affinity with Hethert, however, and She is an important presence in my life. I do experience a certain connection between Them, yet They work quite distinctly in my life. For example, I consider Sekhmet as my divined Beloved, and not Hethert. I also work with Hethert in close connection to Heru-wer, Set and Nebthet, and with Sekhmet independently of that link.

Actually, now that I think about it, I seem to connect to Hethert more through Tefnut than through Sekhmet - or perhaps She is, to me, the link between Tefnut the Parent and Sekhmet the Beloved?
Akhytsenu, "Two Are Flying"
Sat Tefnut, Ra-Heruakhety & Hekatawy I
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Shu

Pronoun: they/them/their/themself

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2934
  • stats Total Posts: 286155
  • stats Total Topics: 19403
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything