collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 233
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Approaching Djehuty  (Read 3144 times)

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
Approaching Djehuty
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:51 am »
I'm currently working on a novel, and I was hoping I might be able to ask the Netjer for help finding the inspiration and diligence to make it as good as possible.
The one who came to my mind as being the one to ask would be, of course, Djehuty, considering His connection to scribes, scholars, writing etc.

However, I've never spoken to Djehuty before, and don't really know anything about Him. I don't have the facilities or tools needed to set up a shrine or perform senut, but does anyone know any other ways I can approach and get to know Djehuty? Any offerings I can make to Him? Can anyone who knows Him well tell me anything about His personality and what to expect?

If I've got the wrong Netjeru, and should talk to someone else for creative writing as opposed to scholarly writing, please let me know who I should talk to instead/as well.

Thanks in advance! :D
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Shemsu
Re: Approaching Djehuty
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:42:58 am »
I don't think there's any right or wrong Name to talk to and many of of Them are creative or can inspire creativity.  Often the Name you already talk to can be a better resource than the one who just kinda sounds like it might be right.  Having said that, there's certainly no harm striking up a conversation with Djehuty.  I don't know Him well enough to suggest offerings.  I've heard writing implements mentioned.  But writing implements that you will actually use.  Not just sit in shrine and look pretty. 

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:22:50 pm »
Em Hotep Abigal!

Because I get the trickster/ Baboon aspect of Djheuti, not the overly Scribe-ish one, I can only give you some helpful tips and tricks that I've employed and have gone over well. Getting hints from other people is fine, but be sure to try your own idea too!

Alright, like I said, Baboon/ Trickster, so... as an offering once for help with my exams, I offered him those silly fridge magnet poetry things. Partly as a response to how He usually helps, which is by throwing random words at me, or giving me a huge information dump and expecting me to wade through it, like wading through concrete with my eyelashes.

I will echo Taji's statement about offering writing tools, but make sure you them. He threw the book at me once because I offered a pen, and then never used it. The conversation that followed that was "If I take the time to give you my wooje, then you darn well better use my wooje for its intended purpose! No one like stale wooje!"

...yeah, trust me. He'll help, but be specific about what you need the help with, and be sure you use what He gives you.

Your mileage my vary, of course. :)

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:21:49 pm »
Em hotep Abigail!

As a daughter of Djehuty, I would suggest that you offer the writing itself to Him.  If you are going to write long hand and not type, then offer the pen and paper you're going to use as well. It doesn't matter that it is creative writing versus scholarly writing.  Putting prose on paper for posterity (as in, it's not just in your mind so others can read it too even after you're gone) are His kind of thing.  :-)

I hope this helps, and best of luck with your writing!  :-)
Sat Bast her Djehuty meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 12:43:05 am »
I think I remember once hearing someone compare his personality to Rafiki from The Lion King. Would you say that's accurate in any way?

And is there much of a difference between his baboon-form and his ibis-form, personality-wise?
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Djehutydjesi

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 07:22:00 am »
His baboon form is often much more the trickster personality. In myth it's often this form that acts up a bit to get things done. For example telling dirty stories to Sekhmet to get her (and the sun) to come back when she went off. In His ibis form he's more formal, brisk and business like.
Djehutydjesi (Djehuty called me)
Sa Djehuty ~ Heri Sesheta
Mery Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Offline Writer-of-Things

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 09:10:34 am »
This is an interesting thread! I feel a particular affinity for Thoth, particularly in more studious ibis form. Whether that feeling is returned or not is another thing entirely, but I definitely read all of the above with interest.

As far as introducing myself with offerings goes, I am part-way through a written case study which will serve as part of my final exam for my diploma. Would that make a suitable offering? It's about two-thirds finished but I'll certainly be looking it over again before sending it to the examiner.

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 05:27:55 pm »
I have been given the opportunity to study hieroglyphs, which has placed me before Djehuty in an interesting way :)
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline Djehutytemiat

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 03:53:04 am »
This is an interesting thread! I feel a particular affinity for Thoth, particularly in more studious ibis form. Whether that feeling is returned or not is another thing entirely, but I definitely read all of the above with interest.

As far as introducing myself with offerings goes, I am part-way through a written case study which will serve as part of my final exam for my diploma. Would that make a suitable offering? It's about two-thirds finished but I'll certainly be looking it over again before sending it to the examiner.
Sharing knowledge in His name is definitely something I would recommend! It’s something I try to often, and your case study would be a perfect offering for Him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Djehuty is never missing"
Sa Djehuty
Mery Amun-Min her Bast-Mut

Online Djehutyendy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 10:18:31 am »
I agree with Temiat! Also, offering the whole process of creating this work is wonderful. For me, Djehuty appreciates these experiences and what we learn along the way :)
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fedw Diviner

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3059
  • stats Total Posts: 291507
  • stats Total Topics: 19808
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653
anything