collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the way other religions conflict with the Kemetic Orthidox?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline AnomanderRake

Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense, but what I mean is, what do you think about conflicts in mythologies? For example the creation myth (and other religions as a whole). Every religion has a different creation story, so do you think Egypt's the one and only, or that they're regional, or what?

What I'm trying to get at is, do you think there Is only one true religion, or that they're all true (with each afterlife and deities residing somewhere) and time may have warped the stories?

I'm not really sure what to think about it so I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Thanks.

LORD!
LORD!

Offline Taiakhusenu

• Shemsu
My personal opinion is that I believe that all religions are true. Or even a lack of religion. we don't really know what happened at the beginning of time, at death, or anything else as there's not really any strong evidence. We won't really know (or not) until we die. I like to think that all the Gods and Goddesses that man has worshipped over time are all chilling together chatting it up and stuff. As far as if we think things are regional, definitely. Each culture had its own way of viewing how the world works and functions.
Taiakhusenu- “This Radiance of Two”

Sat Bast her Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Ptah-Sokar.

Offline AnomanderRake

Except that they can't all be true. Take Christianity for example, if that religion is true than all others can't be. Any religion that claims there's only one deity doesn't really seem to fit in with that view, in my opinion. 
So maybe most are true but some are only partially true?
LORD!

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
I don't think all religions are true.  For instance, take Scientology.  Dude made that up for money.  I also think some religions are more true than others.  But that most have a version of the truth.  A way of looking at the Universe that is mostly valid, but probably missing a lot due to our own human limitations. 

As far as conflicting creation stories go . . . Don't even have to leave Egypt for that.  We have stories that conflict in details with each other.  But they're not meant to be taken as literally true.  It's the meaning that the story conveys, which is important.  The deeper truths.  The metaphor.  Not the literal "this is how it happened".

To be honest, I kinda think the Christian stories were meant to be read/taken the same way.  But people went and messed it up.  Oh well. 
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline AnomanderRake

It just seems weird to me that they wouldn't be true and just made up to convey a deeper meaning, but maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:30:22 pm by AnomanderRake »
LORD!

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Crafting stories to help us deal with the bigger values and vaguer mysteries of the world has been happening since the beginning of human history. Our first spirituality was animism, where everything held a spirit and needed to be dealt with as they all had their own intentions. You had to appease or bribe spirits to help you survive. That remains today in various religions and modern animism/shamanism. Most modern faiths are only a fraction of the age of animism/shamanism and they all grew from them. So in a way you can look back to this spirituality and learn why it was the first, garnering what you can from that.

I personally think that Creation and the Universe, multi-verse, and all this stuff.. is far to big for us to logically grasp with our fragile human psyches. We can learn what we can from history, reflect on our own thoughts or ideas, and move forward living in harmony with our authentic self.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Keep in mind that there is 3 creation stories in Egypt, one per geographic area in Egypt, time periods  also matter.  Things in the Old Kingdom sometimes do not match those of the New Kingdom.  The Egyptian path and stories are the ones for me.  If someone is Christian then their path is the one for them,  There is no one true faith.  Just look at how many pagan pantheons there are, then you have the indigenous faiths of America, Australia etc.  And Hindus and Buddhists, Taoists.   With all of these faiths lay a creation story.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
Not everything all religions say is true. A lot of it is there for the sake of our own spirituality. Mythology, for example, while not being literally true, gives us context for the entities we worship, allowing us to feel we understand them better.
Not everything every religion says can be true, but Kemetism is monalatric, which means we believe in one God that manifests itself into many different forms. To us, Netjer manifests as the Kemetic Gods, and those are the ones we worship. To others, who have different needs when it comes to spirituality, Netjer will take different forms. with different mythologies and differences in the smaller details to better suit the needs of different people.
However, out of everything all religions say, this much I believe to be absolutely true:

1) All gods exist as manifestations (or Names, as we often call them) of Netjer, the one God who is all other Gods.
2) Netjer can influence our lives in meaningful ways, but does not solve all our problems for us.
3) There is some form of life after death.
4) Netjer wants us to be kind and charitable to each other.

No matter what religion someone is, these four things I consider to be universally true. As for the rest, feel free to enjoy your own interpretation. If all Gods exist, all you need to do is find the one you feel your heart can love the most, and allow your love for them to translate into love for humanity. That's what I and many others here have found with Netjer. We don't care about being "right" about Kemetism so much. We care a lot more about showing how much we love the Gods and their wonderful creation.
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Another thing to keep in mind is the Kemetic Orthodoxy operates with polyvalent logic. That means that two things that cannot be true at the same time are true. I may not be expressing this well, but you may want to look into it.

Ibi

=======
Awibemhethert
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
I disagree that all Gods are manifestations of Netjer.  I believe than only ours are appropriately labeled as such.  Nor do I agree that all gods are benevolent.  Ours are.  The Hindu gods too.  But to be honest, a lot of the European gods scare the crap out of me.  And the Central American gods aren't to be sneezed at either.  I'm not saying you should sneeze at Netjer.  Just that if you did, They'd probably say "bless you" and hand you a Kleenex (and maybe tell you to go purify) rather than stomp you flat.  Not all gods are Netjer.   Though it may be possible that They all emanate from the same "God stuff". I don't know. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:52:55 am by Taji »
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
That was just my personal interpretation of it. If there's one thing I like about KO, it's how open it is to interpretation.
My interpretation is based on a kind of panentheistic worldview, where everything in this world and even extending beyond it is part of some God entity. I like to think all benevolent gods are extensions of that entity becoming manifest in the hearts of humans who wish to form a closer relationship with it, Kemetic and non-Kemetic gods alike. I don't think I would recognise malevolent deities as being the same, though.

What I'm trying to say, AnomanderRake, is that our faith doesn't have to contradict anyone else's on the more important details, and where it does doesn't really matter. We're all human, all children of this greater entity, and there's no reason to let differences in faith bother us. Faith shouldn't be a means of enforcing a worldview, it should be something we feel in our hearts that allow us to become closer to God, whatever face we envision Him wearing.

So even if your faith does contradict with the faith of another, it's nothing worth worrying about. As long as your faith is pure and your heart is righteous, the name you invoke in your prayers is just another way of calling to the infinite power that fills every corner of this world. How you choose to do it, and which name you choose to invoke, should matter to you and you alone. Every single person on this planet could pray to a different God and it wouldn't matter. What would matter is how moralistic they act in the name of those Gods.

This is just my interpretation. You'll find no one here will force you to worship who or how we say you should. We can point in a general direction based on our shared beliefs, but how you follow that path is up to you. Be open and honest with your heart, and Netjer will find a way into it.
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
My own, personal opinion?  All faiths/beliefs/whatever... they're the truth for those people that follow them.  And that they are ALL a bunch of made up stories by human beings, created to influence the humans that wanted to believe in them.

Of course, I'm of the mindset that everything is good, so long as each person I interact with in this world believes in *something*, whether it's a God, a scientific theory, pirates, their left shoelace, or whatever.  I also wholeheartedly believe in polyvalency, so my truth can be just as true as anyone else's truth.
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal