collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings for Set  (Read 9873 times)

Smoonlight

Offerings for Set
« on: December 06, 2015, 05:23:37 am »
What offerings have you found Set to like? He's been pestering me to approach Him and I have no idea what He likes.

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
Re: Offerings for Set
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 10:01:26 am »
Em hotep :)

In my experience, Set likes spicy things, red things and silver metals (I have a few metal bangles on his shrine). Hematite and red gemstones also go down well. For incense, I usually offer sandalwood and patchouli :) I imagine rocks and sand would also be good ~

Acts of bravery, courage and strength are good to dedicate to him, and I often ask him for help when I need to be strong,or brave, or for protection on city streets and such. I personally find it easiest to feel his influence in the wind, and in looming dark clouds

Hope that helps you get started :) you can always PM me if you have any more questions

Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:58:33 am »
There's a list of offerings people have been successful with for him on his Wepwawet Wiki page, which can be found here.

In my experience, he likes candy and "hangover food." Tacos are a favourite (which works well, because I also love them), nachos, monster-everything-burger, etc. Thai lettuce wraps were my standard fancy offering for him for a while, because lettuce. Dark chocolate is good, and I've given him cut-up gummi worms to represent his victory over a/pep, on several occasions. He also likes anything that screams "Look at me!" I saw a miniature chocolate cake, for example, that had a rainbow-iced top. It was so obnoxious-looking that I almost bought it for him on the spot, even though I was shopping for Nebthet! If I offer ice cream, I top it with rainbow sprinkles. When in doubt, add a little flair to everything.

Scents are amber, frankincense, sandalwood, etc. Sandalwood is a favourite of mine. He likes red, gold, and deep purple. He seems to appreciate the effort in homemade gifts, whether or not they are of popsicle-sticks-glued-together-quality. Though if it really does look that bad, he'll probably laugh at you. Any activity you can undertake to better yourself goes over well, and if you're so inclined, I get the sense that singing for him would go over very well.

I've never given him anything he hated, but if he's disinterested in whatever-it-is, he'll give a forced sort of "Uh. Thanks. I guess."

Set's getting a lot of love lately, huh? <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Saryt

• Sema Kau Bak
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 12:27:31 pm »
I tend to be of the camp of go ahead and experiment when it comes to offerings. Do a bit of research to get some ideas (both historical and discussion with others), then do a bit of "trial and error" to just stop worrying and start offering. ;)

From my own personal experience, sandalwood goes over very well in terms of incense: sharp, powerful scents. He also loves coffee, rum, dark chocolate, red meats. But I've offered Him flowers on particularly emotional days for me, I've written Him music and sung for special anniversaries. He enjoys these things too. The strength of the intent you put into what you are giving means just as much, if not more, as the item itself. ;) Good luck, and *enjoy* getting to know my Father.
Rev. Sarytsenuwi
(Standardbearer of my Two | Porta-estandarte de meus Dois)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
W'ab Nekhen Medetsen net Nekh | Fedw for Set and Bast

Offline Meni-itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 07:11:05 pm »
I have to say "thanks" for this thread, and for all the answers  ;D

I was offering to Him an argentine rum, and He really liked it, but I was also looking for other things to offer, because I don't drink rum (too strong for me  ::) )
Even if I always look at Wepwawet Wiki, it's always good to have new informations!
Meni-itui
"My two fathers establish me."

Sat Set her Djehuty
Meryt Ra her Heru-Wer

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:28 am »
Alcohol seems to be quite popular with him, but I don't drink at all, and he's never requested anything alcoholic from me. So if you're weird like I am and won't touch the stuff, no worries. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:29:01 pm »
Em Hotep,

Has anyone offered Set sand art yet? Given His purview over Desert, I would have thought sand art would be a particularly interesting offering.

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 06:27:26 am »
The thought of offering sand art has crossed my mind, but of course I havent been able to find any/ any means of making any since then XD

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 06:47:37 pm »
I've thought about plain sand, but never sand art! Though on the topic of unconventional offerings, I work in childcare, and got mad Set vibes when reading a children's book the other day. It was called "Tiger, Tiger," and it was about a boy who imagined (or magic'd) a tiger into and out of existence. Set loved the tiger. So now I'm getting him children's books, apparently. XD
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 303997
  • stats Total Topics: 21093
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955