collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Akhenaten  (Read 2155 times)

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
Akhenaten
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:30:25 am »
So here's something I've been thinking about, Akhenaten, yay or nay?

From what I gather, his whole "stop worshiping the gods and start worshiping me" gimmick made him very unpopular back in the day. And while I can't imagine his reputation may have made a full and total recovery since then, I just wanted to clear the air about him before I start talking to people about him from a Kemetist standpoint.

So to cut a long story short, Akhenaten, misunderstood ray of sunshine, dirty heretic, or somewhere in-between?
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
Re: Akhenaten
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 10:39:48 am »
I believe that he is very much misunderstood and has been used as a scapegoat throughout history. I think that the commonly held beliefs about him are doodoo. But then, I am more in agreement with alternative archaeology, Egyptology and history in general than most, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt if you like. My relationship with Akhenaten has been very eye opening to say the least.
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

Offline M'aqanitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:26 am »
Is that like in an Akhu context or is there some way in which we can form connections to the old Nisuts like how we can connect to Netjer?
I hadn't heard anything about people having relationships with the old Pharaohs before.
Sat Ra her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Bast her Djehuty

Never stop smiling, and you will always stay firmly on your feet. :)

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:29 pm »
Aidan Dodson has done a lot of research on him in a historical sense.  To me he got his idea from his father Amunhotep lll and went too far.  He failed not because of the ruination of a religion but because he lost contact with his people because he isolated himself at his new city at modern Amarna.  You can find him on Amazon or check in your local library.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 04:45:20 am »
Is that like in an Akhu context or is there some way in which we can form connections to the old Nisuts like how we can connect to Netjer?
I hadn't heard anything about people having relationships with the old Pharaohs before.

For me, it is a combination of the two and something else, if that makes sense. Since I was quite young, Akhenaten and Hatshepsut have stood out to me more than anyone else in Ancient Egypt thus I have always had an attraction or bond of some sort with them. When I started Deomonlatry studies I approached them in that manner and honored them as Divine Intelligence, Divine Beings in their own rights but not so much as Akhu or former Nisuts or Netjer. These days, I feel a stronger Spiritual bond with both of them, they are my Spiritual ancestors if not by blood and that is ok. I have more of a relationship with Akhenaten than with Hatshepsut though, he is around a lot more than she is. One of the things that really opened my eyes to Akhenaten was a past life regression that I had that was super fascinating and helped me understand a lot of things that just didn't make sense at the time. Since that time, he has been present more in my life.

I would think that if you wanted to reach out to him, you could in the same way that you would reach out to any Divine Being or Akhu--when I am reaching out, I don't really do anything different in how I reach out, but you may have a different practice. I reach out and approach with great reverence and respect but without being a doormat or considering myself equal or superior since I am still "just" human. Hope that helps.
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288072
  • stats Total Topics: 19528
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything