collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What are your opinions on witchcraft/magic?  (Read 13355 times)

Offline AnomanderRake

What are your opinions on witchcraft/magic?
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:56:44 pm »
Do any of you practice any sort of witchcraft or magic? Does anybody think it's taboo or evil? If you practice it, how so? What does it include/how do you do it?
If you don't, why don't you? Any particular reason?
Just looking for opinions because I'm curious. :P
Thanks 
LORD!

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
Re: What are your opinions on witchcraft/magic?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:46:01 am »
I'm a witch. My witchcraft blog is in my signature, if you search my faq a description of the kind of witchcraft I do should come up.
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:49:44 am »
I also practice witchcraft.
Not evil. Not anything. Magic is not a type and not a moral compass. That all comes from you.

A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:20:23 am »
I research loads of forms of witchcraft/ magic and such to inspire my Heka (when I eventually get round to doing it :P ). There's a load more information on more traditional forms of 'magic' than there are for Heka and stuff specifically, and most of it can be easily adapted :D
Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

Offline Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 12:44:13 pm »
I practice Demonolatry Magic and Hoodoo in addition to Heka. I also enjoy studying other practices for the knowledge and to add to my own practice or make adjustments if necessary; I like to blend different things together to make my practice mine. The only taboo comes from ignorance (which can be easily remedied) and the only evil comes from one's own perspective, thoughts, and ideas.
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

Offline AnomanderRake

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:12:11 pm »
So what can people tell me about Heka? I know (or at least I think I know) that speech is important and it's Egyptian, but that's it. :P
Does anyone know if the beginner course covers Heka?
How do you do it? For what purpose? What're the largest, most prominent results you've achieved using it?
Thanks
LORD!

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 09:18:36 pm »
Em hotep!

There is a lesson in the beginner's class about heka. It will give both an explanation as well as two heka/spells you can do yourself. The House has also, in the past, had a course on sau (protective magic) but it's still in the process of being revamped. In the meantime, you can download a free pdf of the definite text on heka, The Mechanics of Ancient Egyptian Magical Practice.

Witchcraft as a concept didn't occur in Kemet. If you did magic, you were a magician, regardless of gender. That said, I also have European practices which include witchcraft. Not evil in my case, but I am also aware that in many parts of the world witchcraft is a malicious use of magic. (and in some cases is used for persecution.)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 01:08:41 am »
I'm also a practitioner of witchcraft in another path I follow. I don't really merge the two exception of magick that is already a part of kemetism like heka and etc.
|𓐛𓊃𓄣𓅓𓃤|
Gezemyinepu|"Anointed by Yinepu"
𓃤 𓃕 𓃨
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet | Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
☥|Sau Apprentice|☥

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 05:06:04 pm »
I do practice generic witchcraft, korean sorcery, and heka. The book Zat linked you is an EXCELLENT resource to begin heka. None of it is "evil", though inspiring a spirit to do ill for you was not uncommon, and neither was systematic magic in korean sorcery/folk magic were curses uncommon (in fact they were SO popular in the Goguryeo dynasty that it had to be outlawed).

Personally, if I know I am in the right, I am free to employ sorcery to adjust things. If I'm unsure, I will check with my gods first.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:07:55 pm »
I practice Hedge Witchery, and heka. I am also expanding my methods to include that of the Romans.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline Roy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 11:35:23 pm »
I'm getting into the craft as well. Mine is a mixture though. I haven't started yet but I've already run into issues and had to have a priest rescue me.
My concern is that I'd have nobody to support me since I'm going at it alone.

I'm going to activate a banishing and protection ritual soon. I'm getting my courage up and relying on my books about protection and the obstacles of the spirit world. I've got a long way to go.

Offline Tabiatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 01:35:55 am »
I personally perform witchcraft, and have done so for the last five or so years!  My craft has been all over the place, but about a year ago I settled pretty well into Draconic witchcraft and divination as my tools.  As a draconic witch, I draw from the power of dragon spirits I work with, and draconic imagery to perform my spells.

As to thinking it's taboo/evil, it's certainly unusual, but as others have said above it's really what you bring to the table that defines that.  It's a matter of being conscious of what you're doing, and how it affects both you and those around you.

As someone who is completely new to this I don't personally practice Heka (and only really read about it for the first time here?), but I feel that's something I'm interested in now!!!
The Marvel/Miracle of My Fathers.  My nickname is Tabi.
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Djehuty.
Beloved of Aset-Serqet and Sobek-Ra.

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 04:06:46 am »
Em hotep AnomanderRake,

Excellent questions!  Zat nailed magic in ancient Kemet! 
As for my personal experience, I was raised by a Spiritualist Christian mother, and have family in a little place called Lilydale, NY.  I grew up with the understanding that magic was everywhere and within everything.  I don't follow a specific path or practice of magic, but I do perform a lot of intuitive, nature based rituals.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 09:26:31 am »
Do any of you practice any sort of witchcraft or magic?

Heka. I do not practice witchcraft or The Craft, and get a bit prickly when others assume I do, or insinuate that I should.

Does anybody think it's taboo or evil?

Probably. I'm rather openly Kemetic, but heka is very much on the down-low. If my roommates knew I was doing "magic," I can't imagine that wouldn't end with me panicky and crying. And we've been friends for 8+ years.

If you practice it, how so? What does it include/how do you do it?

Whatever comes up in chats, I do. I'll do execrations from time to time, usually when I'm feeling particularly awful. My favored method is write bad things on pot with red sharpie, paint over until fully red, then beat it to bits with a hammer. That's very much an Exact Words situation, I think, so you have to consider what you're smashing and how smashing that might effect whatever, before you smash it.

Singing. Raises energy like you wouldn't believe, is good for expressing emotion, and is often empowering. Also dancing.

"I am [deity]"
"I am/have the [attribute] of [deity]"

All of the symbolism, all of the time.

I do tarot and am interested in astrology, meaning natal charts and not monthly horoscopes. I seem to have a flair for divination in general. I lucid dream, and I'm rather good at it.

I'm clairsentient, but kind of suck at [sensing/manipulating energy], as I've not been doing it long at all. But I have my moments; I've sensed energy from across the room before, and picked up a crystal and legit fell over. I'm claircognizant, and most certainly do not suck at that.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline AnomanderRake

What are your opinions on witchcraft/magic?
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 12:30:25 am »
Darn, reading all this makes me jealous. :P. I've always wanted to practice witchcraft, talk to spirits, tarot and such but I don't have the room (for witchcraft at least) that and my mom wouldn't approve. That and I think I would REALLY suck at it.
Programming makes sense. You type this, that happens. From what I can tell, magic, not so much :P
LORD!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal