collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Wepwawet and Buddhism (malas/prayerbeads in particular)  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Bekamuti

• Shemsu
Wepwawet and Buddhism (malas/prayerbeads in particular)
« on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:16 am »
Em hotep y'all!

Last week I was in a Tibetan Buddhist shop around the corner from where I work, when this tiger's eye mala (prayerbeads in Buddhism and Hinduism) caught my attention and had a very Wepwawet-y feel.
The odd thing is, there were some amethyst (a stone i personally associate with my mother Nebt-het) malas as well, and I didn't have the urge to buy them at all, even though I found them aesthetically more appealing and I'm far closer to Nebt-het than I am to Wepwawet.

I didn't buy it (yet), because I thought spending 40 bucks because I had a 'gut feeling' (my god phone doesn't seem to have got a lot of connection) might be a little drastic, but the urge remains.

Can anyone share some UPG or provide a possible explanation? Has anyone ever felt Wepwawet being particularly fond of Buddhist teachings or practices?
I thought that because of the repetitive nature of prayer beads there might be some connection to Him and His more modern connections to shamanism but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Senebty and lots of love,

Beka

tl;dr: a set of Buddhist tiger's eye prayerbeads slapped me in the face with some Wepwawet feels, why?
- Bekamuti

Sa Nebt-het & Hethert
Mery Mut & Wepwawet.

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Wepwawet and Buddhism (malas/prayerbeads in particular)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:43:06 am »
I know a lot of people get pulls to different stones connecting to different Names. So It may not be the teachings as much as the stones or the feeling of the piece. You can use prayer beads in a way that is not associated with those teachings as well. So you could experiment with the stones, finding different tiger's eye items to see if you get the same pull. Or see if Wepwawet would like that exact piece for his own practice or offering.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
Re: Wepwawet and Buddhism (malas/prayerbeads in particular)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 02:04:40 pm »
Em hotep!

I am actually a practicing Hindu in addition to being Kemetic. A lot of the time, japa mala (prayer beads) are made with specific deities in mind. For example, japa mala made of the rudraksha seed are made specifically for worship of Lord Shiva- because the seeds are sacred to him. Japa mala made for Krishna are normally made of wood from the tulsi plant. Because there is usually intention behind the mala- it could explain why one would feel a certain pull from them.

By all means, you can buy the mala and dedicate them to Wepwawet or Nebt-het. I don't necessarily think it means either have any particular attachments to Hinduism or Buddhism, but may just like the idea of the prayer beads or even the color or materials. I don't think either of the two religions is really involved. 

Hope this helps!
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Naisenu

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:07:31 pm »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:07:34 pm by Naisenu »

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304406
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9