collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Advice on Approaching Serqet?  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
Advice on Approaching Serqet?
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:02:59 am »
Hotep everyone- as some of you might know from older posts I've made, I struggle very very much with major depression, suicidal inclination, low self-esteem, and other mental illnesses. I see a therapist and I'm on medication, but sometimes, it just doesn't seem to help me to feel any better at all. :(

I was wondering if approaching Serqet would be beneficial to help me to heal in time. There are some wounds I just feel like I can't heal by myself. Would She be able to help me in such a way do you think?

If so, how would I approach Her in a respectful way and show my intention (asking for Her help in emotional healing)? I've actually never approached a Name of Netjer before... all my experiences with Them has been from Them approaching me first, so I'm a little bit intimidated! Anyone who has worked with Her that can offer me advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you so much. I'm looking for any help I can get.

Senebty.
|𓐛𓊃𓄣𓅓𓃤|
Gezemyinepu|"Anointed by Yinepu"
𓃤 𓃕 𓃨
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet | Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
☥|Sau Apprentice|☥

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
Re: Advice on Approaching Serqet?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 08:44:38 am »
Em hotep, child of Serqet-Aset here :) in my personal experience, Serqet is quite easy to approach, but maybe not quite as easy to 'hear', as it were. She's very subtle.
When asking for help for mental illness related things (which I have done both for myself and on behalf of others) I find that asking nicely works wonders. Ive asked for emergency help in situations where I had nothing to give, and Ive never felt ignored because of it.

With offerings, she seems to love citrus :D sherbet lemons went down very well

But yh, Im sure she would be able to at least try to help. Her influence has helped me with depression and lingering panic attacks before. Hope all goes well :)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:50:51 am by Zemity »
Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Advice on Approaching Serqet?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 01:31:48 pm »
^Zemity's experience of her is very similar to mine.

I also struggle with depression and anxiety; heavily at times. Mom is really wonderful with helping in this area, with breaking through the negative voices, and with bringing you back to a "clean slate". She's very quiet, so you may have to strain to hear her until you become accustomed to it.

However, as much as Mom is an excellent helper with this, she isn't necessarily the most gentle. Serqet as a title/epithet describes a rough puncturing of the throat to allow breath and breathing. She will help you handle it, manage it, reduce it, but it will be surgical and it won't necessarily be pleasant. Cutting into someone so you can let the wound properly heal never is a pleasant experience.

For me, Mom likes anything that is an effort for you to attain or offer. It doesn't have to be expensive; a fair amount of my offerings have been simple foods I rarely eat or that took time to prepare. She also likes handmade things and things that shine, which is why she has more statues made of Sculpty than purer materials.

On another subject, if you are more comfortable with other Names, don't feel you have to come to Mom to get help. I've found that sometimes Sekhmet-Mut or Yinepu are equally helpful; and outside of my RPD Heru-Min has helped me before. Each of our Names have their areas where one might be better than another, but sometimes it's better/easier to get someone you are closer to already.

*hugs if you want them*

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal